ForumCoin Special Offer: Free ForumCoin Exchanges Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
Webmaster forum. Website development, design & management. Graphic design. Blog / Forum Set-up, Management, Admin & News

Re: Do you ever forget passwords?

Postby SUPERSINGH » 19 Sep 2017, 13:35

mildredtabitha wrote:I can forget passwords if I don't use them for almost 2 years. Nowadays, I use passwords that are almost similar and so it is hard to forget. :D

Nice to know, even i like to have similar passwords but sometimes i forgot them and then i need to check the forgot password option and it wastes a lot of time

SUPERSINGH

Referrals: 78
ForumCoin: 265

Postby SHOHANA » 19 Sep 2017, 13:52

Its a rare case about me that I forget my password, my password is different from each sites and I remember them for such long time, my memory is sharp about remembering password :lol:

SHOHANA

Referrals: 6
ForumCoin: 564

Postby Rock1987 » 25 Sep 2017, 05:46

I always memorize my password for different online sites. Sometime I write down my password in a diary or a pocketbook. A few times I have forgotten the password of the sites I rarely visit. I have different passwords for different sites, so sometimes I tend to forget my password.

Rock1987

ForumCoin: 171

Postby peachpurple » 25 Sep 2017, 07:03

I have a forgetful memory, so I jot down all my password into 3 different books

peachpurple

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 252

Postby mybarya » 25 Sep 2017, 10:45

Of course, I forget passwords. But I don't rely on apps or browser features to keep or retrieve them. I use the 'password reset' feature instead. It also helps to follow a certain 'pattern' for generating passwords.

mybarya

ForumCoin: 31

Postby tusziget » 25 Sep 2017, 11:43

sprite1950 wrote:I started to use a little book which listed my passwords for different sites and then it suddenly went missing! I could remember some of them that I use frequently but there were some for sites I don't use so often that I forgot. I don't ever write out the whole password, just a password hint so that if anyone found my book they would not know what they meant.

Do you ever forget your passwords?

I am keeping my passwords in a little notebook.I t is better this way,so I can be sure,if I'm foregetting,I can find them in my notebook.

tusziget

ForumCoin: 93

Postby ruthmongare » 25 Sep 2017, 12:17

No I never forget my password because I have only one username and one password for all my sites.

ruthmongare

ForumCoin: 471

Postby anorona » 27 Sep 2017, 11:54

Lexi wrote:I choose just to reset them if I forget them because it's easier to do it that way for me. I have so many it's silly now, and sometimes I change them if I suspect a hack of some sort.

I am doing the same. Since some of the site requires numbers, others also requires symbols, i cannot sync them all. So I choose to reset my password before it reach 3 wrong attemps.

anorona

ForumCoin: 563

Postby len » 27 Sep 2017, 15:07

DudeThatsErin wrote:Not since I started using lastpass. I love the application. It is so useful. :) http://lastpass.com

Lastpass is Great :mrgreen:

len

ForumCoin: 11

Postby dionnetherese0610 » 09 Nov 2017, 08:39

I always forget my password when I was young. In order to prevent this kind of problem, I always use the same password for all the sites I registered. The chance of getting hacked is high but I can't help it but to just use the same passwords for all of my accounts.

dionnetherese0610

ForumCoin: 15

Postby amitkokiladitya » 09 Nov 2017, 15:15

Yes....this used to happen to me every now and then. Then I started using the same password everywhere. This helped me to save a lot of time in recovering the passwords.

amitkokiladitya

ForumCoin: 382

Postby anorona » 11 Nov 2017, 00:08

For some cases i do forgot passwords, there are times that i use different passwords
depending on tye website that i register, so i sometimes end up recoving it on my email.

anorona

ForumCoin: 563

Postby ahmedo24 » 13 Nov 2017, 03:16

DudeThatsErin wrote:Not since I started using lastpass. I love the application. It is so useful. :) http://lastpass.com

Guess this app is more a password keeper right? Cos I am yet to open the link.

ahmedo24

Referrals: 23
ForumCoin: 62

Postby sprite1950 » 13 Nov 2017, 09:06

I lost my Steemit password which is a big no no. If you do that with them you cannot get it back so I had to start a new account with a different email. Then I realised I couldn't use the same phone no which they ask you to verify your account with so I had to use my granddaughter's phone no. to get the code they send. I hope it works and I will make sure I write it down this time :?

sprite1950

Referrals: 7
ForumCoin: 2,584

Postby tusziget » 13 Nov 2017, 09:28

sprite1950 wrote:I lost my Steemit password which is a big no no. If you do that with them you cannot get it back so I had to start a new account with a different email. Then I realised I couldn't use the same phone no which they ask you to verify your account with so I had to use my granddaughter's phone no. to get the code they send. I hope it works and I will make sure I write it down this time :?

I didn't know this information about Steemit.I will take good care of my Steemit password.Actually I like to write in my notebook all the important passwords.

tusziget

ForumCoin: 93

PreviousNext

Return to Webmaster Questions, Discussion & News