ForumCoin Special Offer: Free ForumCoin Exchanges Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
Webmaster forum. Website development, design & management. Graphic design. Blog / Forum Set-up, Management, Admin & News

Use BLOGLOVIN - Quickly Read Your Favorite Blogs

Postby cmoneyspinner » 08 May 2017, 15:43

Do you use blog readers? If you follow a lot of blogs or like to read a lot of blogs, create an account with Bloglovin'. This is a tool where you choose blogs to follow and then it compiles them all in one place so you can quickly scan blog posts.

NOTE: You can even publish blog posts there. It's a new feature. I tried it. It works fine but it's not where I want to publish my content.

I just wanted to add my own blogs to a respected blog reader so other people can find them. What I like about this tool is:

- You create a free account. I signed up using Facebook.
- You add your own blogs to the database. Helps others find you.
- You search the database for blogs you like and follow them.
- You can sign in daily, weekly or at your convenience and peruse published posts.

It's a lot easier than getting separate subscriptions via eMail because the blogs you follow are all in one place.

Other plusses?

- The site has an excellent Alexa ranking.

- The site is fantastic for quick research. Example: I was looking for cauliflower pizza recipes. Typed it into the search box and I was amazed at the results!!

https://www.bloglovin.com/search?q=cauliflower%20pizza&search_term=cauliflower%20pizza&context=search_page&referrer_context=autocomplete_enter

There are other things you can do with Bloglovin'. But this is how I use it.

cmoneyspinner

Referrals: 3
ForumCoin: 91

Re: Use BLOGLOVIN - Quickly Read Your Favorite Blogs

Postby thisnthat » 09 May 2017, 16:16

It sounds like a good tool for promotion. I think I'll check it out. It also sounds like a simpler way to network with other bloggers, and find some with common interests.

Does it help you keep track of comments made on other blogs? That would be handy.

thisnthat

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 393

Postby cmoneyspinner » 09 May 2017, 16:19

thisnthat wrote:...
Does it help you keep track of comments made on other blogs? That would be handy.

* * Never used it for that. I'll have to see if that's possible.

cmoneyspinner

Postby Chameli » 10 May 2017, 02:02

I have some experience with blogvin. In order to promote your blogs with this program,you need to put their codes on your blog posts (not on website). Because of this provision I left blogvin.

Chameli

ForumCoin: 70

Postby cmoneyspinner » 11 May 2017, 21:17

Chameli wrote:I have some experience with blogvin. In order to promote your blogs with this program,you need to put their codes on your blog posts (not on website). Because of this provision I left blogvin.

* * They didn't make me do that. When you submit your blog feed URL you can CLAIM it as your own. It's been a while, but as I recall, I did one post, in order to claim my blog. I put the code in so that it could be verified by BL that I was the blog publisher. Once BLOGLOVIN validated my claim, that was it! I don't have to put their code on every post.

Although you just reminded me. I need to put my claimed BL link back on my blog. During the layout editing process I think I accidentally erased it.
:?

cmoneyspinner

Postby raaman » 12 May 2017, 12:42

Good post @cmoneyspinner. By the way, can we make some pocket money with bloglovin? If so how?

raaman

ForumCoin: 650

Postby cmoneyspinner » 12 May 2017, 20:45

raaman wrote:Good post @cmoneyspinner. By the way, can we make some pocket money with bloglovin? If so how?

* * If there is a monetary aspect to the site, I am not aware of it.

cmoneyspinner

Postby raaman » 13 May 2017, 15:05

Yes, @cmoneyspinner. We can earn from it. Just see this link.
https://help.bloglovin.com/hc/en-us/art ... I-get-paid
(now can you please give me one more reputation point? Just joking!)

raaman

ForumCoin: 650

Postby remnant » 13 May 2017, 15:33

Sounds like a blog aggregator. I should sign up with them when I start serious blogging. The only query I have is whether they are mobile phone friendly as such river are usually unwieldly.

remnant

ForumCoin: 7

Postby cmoneyspinner » 13 May 2017, 18:26

remnant wrote:Sounds like a blog aggregator. I should sign up with them when I start serious blogging. The only query I have is whether they are mobile phone friendly as such river are usually unwieldly.

* * Don't know about mobile. I work on a laptop.

cmoneyspinner

Postby nela13 » 17 May 2017, 17:30

I use bloglovin and I love it it saves me a lot of time as I can find there all my favourite blogs. Sometimes I just open my email and I have there the latest news of all blogs I read.

nela13

ForumCoin: 1,600

Postby cmoneyspinner » 18 May 2017, 15:13

nela13 wrote:I use bloglovin and I love it it saves me a lot of time as I can find there all my favourite blogs. Sometimes I just open my email and I have there the latest news of all blogs I read.

* * Yep. That's the main advantage of this reader. I have used other readers. But this one is very handy and easy!

cmoneyspinner

Postby augusta » 14 Nov 2017, 15:52

Blogvin this is new to me,well,we learn daily. Never heard about this and I will really want to take advantage of this. will read this up the more.

augusta

ForumCoin: 390

Postby Chameli » 19 Nov 2017, 23:50

cmoneyspinner wrote:Bloglovin

maybe they changed the policy. I will have to check Bloglovin again. Thanks for bringing the topic.

Chameli

ForumCoin: 70

Return to Webmaster Questions, Discussion & News