*** ForumCoin is Proudly Hosted by Hawk Host ***
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
BMF Banner Ad
Webmaster forum. Website development, design & management. Graphic design. Blog / Forum Set-up, Management, Admin & News

Organizing your Content

Postby thisnthat » 27 Apr 2017, 15:22

How do your organize your content for your site? Do you use an editorial calendar type thing like magazines do? In other words, do you start preparing content far in advance for events, occasions, and holidays? Do you already know what you'll be doing for the next holiday or will you wait until it's close?

What other tips do you have for organizing content?

thisnthat

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 383

Banner Ad

Re: Organizing your Content

Postby peachpurple » 28 Apr 2017, 06:19

I am pretty lousy at organizing my own site. I tend to dump everything into it without categorizing them. Then, I have to delete one by one those outdated and unwanted posts, categorize them to send them to the proper section. ALways look at how other sites display, learn form them

peachpurple

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 331

Postby diannelouisev » 28 Apr 2017, 11:45

I usually keep paragraphs short to make the readers entertain more because I noticed that longer paragraphs tend the users become lazy to read it. I also use headers, subheaders and bullet points to make the content easily scannable.

diannelouisev

ForumCoin: 263

Postby Alexandoy » 28 Apr 2017, 21:15

When I make a design of a site, my first concern is the ease of understanding by the user so I always come up with the bullet type menu first and when the list is almost final, that's the time I think of the style. My priority is more of the functionality than the layout.

Alexandoy

ForumCoin: 17

Postby WorkAtHomeGal » 30 Apr 2017, 23:38

I wish I did something with a calendar but I don't. I post very sporadic on my blog and only when ideas come to me. There has been a lot of stress and relationship issues happening for me so it is interfering greatly with my work ethic right now. I hope all that changes soon. I use to pre write some stuff but I somewhere along the way lost motivation to do that, not sure why.

WorkAtHomeGal

Referrals: 29
ForumCoin: 68

Postby thisnthat » 02 May 2017, 18:52

diannelouisev wrote:I usually keep paragraphs short to make the readers entertain more because I noticed that longer paragraphs tend the users become lazy to read it. I also use headers, subheaders and bullet points to make the content easily scannable.

I think this is definitely good advice for individual pieces of content. Breaking up chunks of text is always preferred. I was more referring to content overall. Like, how often you post, when you post, etc.

thisnthat

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 383

Postby augusta » 08 Nov 2017, 05:51

Yes,I plan ahead of my an event so that my topics would suit the time of the events.This help my blog to be addictive because users will have a go to blog during a given time.

augusta

ForumCoin: 6

Postby tusziget » 08 Nov 2017, 06:40

I think it is an excellent idea to organize your content.This way you can spare much time and effort.You have to find your own methods,what is working best for you.

tusziget

ForumCoin: 13

Postby Lexi » 08 Nov 2017, 07:48

I don't really work like that. I had a word document open all the time for me to write headers and I then either write the article or I keep the header for later. Then I publish them when I find an image or I think it's a good time to post it. Random I know, but I do usually do a 'from the Ed's perspective' at the beginning or end of the month with a roundup of the topics in the world, and a monthly deals and news in brief page.

Lexi

Referrals: 4
ForumCoin: 534

Postby Rational Mind » 27 Nov 2017, 23:22

I don't publish contents on current topics. Current topics are seasonal. They will pull traffic during the season and for the rest of the year, they will become inactive. For instance, if you publish on Christmas, you will see traffic during the Christmas. Once the festival is over there will be zero traffic.

Rational Mind
Banned

ForumCoin: 34

Postby ruthmongare » 01 Dec 2017, 09:54

I don't prepare myself for this because am very poor at that I just wait for the time then I plan myself.

ruthmongare

ForumCoin: 66

Postby Rational Mind » 13 Dec 2017, 22:08

Alexandoy wrote:When I make a design of a site, my first concern is the ease of understanding by the user so I always come up with the bullet type menu first and when the list is almost final, that's the time I think of the style. My priority is more of the functionality than the layout.

having category menu is the best way to organize your contents. Once you have category menu, you will have contents grouped according to the category.

Rational Mind
Banned

Postby ahmedo24 » 16 Dec 2017, 06:34

Organising your content shows how proactive and prepared you are , no doubt both layout and funtionality are paramont to organising your content and it better earlier

ahmedo24

Referrals: 52
ForumCoin: 3

Postby cinderella » 16 Dec 2017, 10:28

It's been a while since I wrote an article in my blog. But with my current site, Bitlanders, I write at least 3 times a week and if possible I would submit content on a daily basis.

cinderella

Referrals: 9
ForumCoin: 512

Postby Rational Mind » 17 Dec 2017, 22:33

cinderella wrote:It's been a while since I wrote an article in my blog. But with my current site, Bitlanders, I write at least 3 times a week and if possible I would submit content on a daily basis.

Never heard of bitlanders, what's this actually? A writing site?

Rational Mind
Banned

Next

Your Ad Here.

Return to Webmaster Questions, Discussion & News