ForumCoin Special Offer: Free ForumCoin Exchanges Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
Webmaster forum. Website development, design & management. Graphic design. Blog / Forum Set-up, Management, Admin & News

How important is social sharing for content

Postby chaz » 21 Apr 2017, 08:08

How important is social sharing for content, like a web page and blog?
I know that link back from the authority website will give you some flight points, but what about social sharing - how valued it is?
How many times your post has to be shared, liked or tweeted to get some credibility in media?
Does it even matter to search engines if you do share, or don't? :?:

chaz

ForumCoin: 278

Re: How important is social sharing for content

Postby thisnthat » 21 Apr 2017, 13:03

If followers share or link to your site, that helps. It seems to me that a lot of people follow each other to get more followers and they often just click "like" instead of actually visiting, interacting, sharing, or linking from their own sites (but I'm a newb, so what do I know).

I guess it depends on the kind of network you are able to build.

thisnthat

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 383

Postby naruto100 » 21 Apr 2017, 13:49

Social media is always helpful for sharing our content. It is possible that you may get less or not a single hit from it. But still it is better to share. I am not sure but sharing on social pages may helpful for search engine related stuff too. I mean it is always good to have link on high ranking sites.

naruto100

ForumCoin: 343

Postby deugfor » 21 Apr 2017, 16:56

social media is great tool to grow your targeted audience , do not miss it and try to use it the right way that leads traffic to your site

deugfor

ForumCoin: 14

Postby haripriyavkl » 21 Apr 2017, 17:02

I think social media plays a major role in bringing traffic to our websites or blogs. We invest time in writing an article for the people to read besides earning. So, only by sharing it through social media our article will reach a lot of users and benefit them. :)

haripriyavkl

ForumCoin: 513

Postby jonjenkins » 21 Apr 2017, 18:49

Google uses about 200 different items to rate a site in it's search listings - and social sharing is generally thought to be an important one.

Here's a great article about Google's "ranking factors"...

http://backlinko.com/google-ranking-factors

jonjenkins

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 110

Postby Alexandoy » 21 Apr 2017, 20:58

I'm still in search for the formula so my social media friends will share my posts but until now I remain fruitless in my search. I see so many nonsensical items being shared such as lousy quotation, corny jokes and some serious matters like political but I still have to see some sense in the posts that they usually share.

Alexandoy

ForumCoin: 840

Postby suny » 21 Apr 2017, 21:41

Social media is very helpful for my content especially where I get paid for number of views. Almost every other site brings some result barring Facebook which is least effective for this particular purpose. But maybe one can get few referrals if he has good following which works as well and increase your earning.

suny

Referrals: 63
ForumCoin: 525

Postby Amans1234 » 22 Apr 2017, 03:19

Social sharing websites and blogs are very much important to me though i am not much active in any social media. They are the means to express and share our mixed emotions to other people whom we really care. Also, they have been a messenger for transfer of knowledge from an expert to an unknown or person with lack of knowledge.
Also, there are some drawbacks of these type of sites. Sometimes, it can be demotivating for us or me as people tend to show their luxury lifestyle in those sites and also, many negative ideas are shared as any one can view it, may be children can view as they can also be registered there with fake birth date. So, it is both important and fatal for me.

Amans1234

ForumCoin: 74

Postby skysnap » 22 Apr 2017, 06:17

I think social sharing was really what made my sitee popular. I think if it heelps some brand go from 0 to millionnss. you can guess its power.

skysnap

ForumCoin: 1,555

Postby chaz » 22 Apr 2017, 06:38

thisnthat wrote:If followers share or link to your site, that helps. It seems to me that a lot of people follow each other to get more followers and they often just click "like" instead of actually visiting, interacting, sharing, or linking from their own sites (but I'm a newb, so what do I know).

I guess it depends on the kind of network you are able to build.

Yes, I was thinking the same.
Loads of likes but not a single click with a click-through rate zero.
It is disheartening.
That is why I don't believe it is much helpful.
:crazy:

chaz

ForumCoin: 278

Postby ceci » 22 Apr 2017, 08:27

I share for earning $0.001 per view at LiteracyBase, not for promoting any content or article purpose. So, I do share others' article if it is attractive enough.

ceci

Referrals: 5
ForumCoin: 792

Postby grecy0905 » 22 Apr 2017, 18:13

From experience, the real deal if you want to earn through revenue sharing site is to share that on social media. Actively sharing, considering the time of sharing (where people are active) and consistently doing good content (being active) will really help you to earn more and this would be a lifetime earning if the site you are in are still there or if your blog is quite active.

grecy0905

Referrals: 11
ForumCoin: 41

Postby Fergal » 23 Apr 2017, 08:55

Moving topic to more appropriate forum section!

Fergal
Site Admin

ForumCoin: 12,498

Postby Angie10 » 23 Apr 2017, 19:22

Social media really can help your traffic, providing you do share on various sites. It takes a lot of work, but it really pays off. I know some of the stuff I share on Twitter and Redditt gets me some views. Redditt still hasn't got me as many views as I'd hoped, but I'll soldier on. I'm finding Facebook very handy, I'm guessing because a lot of people here love it. Even the ones without reliable internet access somehow find ways of accessing their Facebook pages, so for the Botswana audience it's proper working for me.Google+ doesn't seem to be working for my blog at all :(

Angie10

Referrals: 4
ForumCoin: 610

Next

Return to Webmaster Questions, Discussion & News