*** ForumCoin is Proudly Hosted by Hawk Host ***
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
BMF Banner Ad
Webmaster forum. Website development, design & management. Graphic design. Blog / Forum Set-up, Management, Admin & News

Re: What does Facebook have that forums don't?

Postby earthsalt » 15 Mar 2017, 16:20

WorkAtHomeGal wrote:I can't even think of what would make Facebook more exciting over a Forum.

Facebook would be exciting for certain people because it is a platform where you can read all manner of posts. Posters on facebook have a reputation of going to the extremes. You thus find radical posts that would not be acceptable on forums.

earthsalt
Banned

ForumCoin: 80

Postby WorkAtHomeGal » 15 Mar 2017, 17:23

earthsalt wrote:
WorkAtHomeGal wrote:I can't even think of what would make Facebook more exciting over a Forum.

Facebook would be exciting for certain people because it is a platform where you can read all manner of posts. Posters on facebook have a reputation of going to the extremes. You thus find radical posts that would not be acceptable on forums.

That is a very good point you just made! A lot of Forums have strict rules in place to what you can and cannot post. I often see people sometimes block others over time due to the type of post they make, whether it be something rude to others or just something others find unacceptable. And of course the drama, some people prefer FB more to watch their friends and family post about drama, I've seen it...

WorkAtHomeGal

Referrals: 29
ForumCoin: 68

Postby nerdonforumcoin » 16 Mar 2017, 02:02

Another is the celebrity pages, though it has one, forum sites are better when it comes to providing appropriate knowledge the general audiences need to know about many things.

nerdonforumcoin

Referrals: 9
ForumCoin: 323

Postby earthsalt » 16 Mar 2017, 08:59

WorkAtHomeGal wrote:And of course the drama, some people prefer FB more to watch their friends and family post about drama, I've seen it...

Yes. And this makes facebook users to appear less serious. This is evidently one of the reasons most reputable leaders mostly communicate via other social media platforms such as twitter.

earthsalt
Banned

Postby Decentlady » 16 Mar 2017, 11:09

Facebook is a social media where people behave like being in an independent nation. They can chat all the crap with no restrictions. Post virtually anything and get away with it. Forums are different. Forum has restrictions and they aim at discussions that make sense and not only random voicing of opinion.

Decentlady

Referrals: 18
ForumCoin: 274

Postby rage35 » 16 Mar 2017, 13:03

There are a lot actually. In forums, discussions are categorized whereas Facebook, all users can post anything without categorizing it. There is also a Gallery where you can upload and share to other people. You can market your products easily through creating pages. You can as well, watch videos and can share yours as well.

rage35

ForumCoin: 297

Postby thisnthat » 16 Mar 2017, 14:24

I think people do like the idea of posting basically whatever they want instead of following rules. That can be both a pro and a con.

Forums seem more likely to stay on topic (although they stray at times too, but I don't think as much).

thisnthat

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 383

Postby peachpurple » 16 Mar 2017, 14:48

I don't see people talking nicely at FB, they are always using the vulgar words and the images posted, Oh... I got a headache and needed a painkiller to help me to get to sleep.

I prefer Forumcoins, at least here the people are CLEAN and DECENT

peachpurple

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 334

Postby germainebull » 16 Mar 2017, 17:13

peachpurple wrote:I don't see people talking nicely at FB, they are always using the vulgar words and the images posted, Oh... I got a headache and needed a painkiller to help me to get to sleep.

Yes. The expletives that lurk around on facebook are sufficient to make a drunk bloke sober. I have always to be careful not to visit pages with such unprintables.

germainebull

Referrals: 35
ForumCoin: 102

Postby Amelll » 16 Mar 2017, 18:19

I think that only answer is - BILLIONS OF USERS

Amelll

ForumCoin: 96

Postby lebronCC » 18 Mar 2017, 04:20

They're much easier to get a community started since it's on Facebook where people already spend time, and because the user experience is built to minimize barriers to contributing. When you get to a group it's clear how you can start interacting right away. In a forum, you'll likely have to do some clicking and browsing before getting to something you want to contribute to.

lebronCC

ForumCoin: 89

Postby germainebull » 18 Mar 2017, 17:06

I logged into my Facebook account only to be accosted by a disturbing post that featured the apparently lifeless body of a man who appeared to have been the victim of extreme violence. I off course exited hastily.
This gory FB post reminded me of this thread.

germainebull

Postby earthsalt » 18 Mar 2017, 18:50

germainebull wrote:I logged into my Facebook account only to be accosted by a disturbing post that featured the apparently lifeless body of a man who appeared to have been the victim of extreme violence. I off course exited hastily.
This gory FB post reminded me of this thread.

These types of reckless posts usually put me off and cause me to consider booting facebook. I think FB should have modes of detecting and deleting content.

earthsalt
Banned

Postby germainebull » 19 Mar 2017, 07:56

Amelll wrote:I think that only answer is - BILLIONS OF USERS

Well put.
May I add that this vast user base means millions of dollars of advertising revenue for Zuckerberg?

germainebull

Postby earthsalt » 19 Mar 2017, 08:41

Decentlady wrote:Facebook is a social media where people behave like being in an independent nation. They can chat all the crap with no restrictions. Post virtually anything and get away with it. Forums are different. Forum has restrictions and they aim at discussions that make sense and not only random voicing of opinion.

Well put.
But remember; freedom always comes with certain responsibilities. Just because 100% posting freedom is allowed on FB does not mean that users can post on any topic.

earthsalt
Banned

PreviousNext

Your Ad Here.

Return to Webmaster Questions, Discussion & News