ForumCoin Special Offer: Free ForumCoin Exchanges Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
Webmaster forum. Website development, design & management. Graphic design. Blog / Forum Set-up, Management, Admin & News

Re: Do you delete cookies?

Postby oldfriend » 08 Nov 2018, 21:59

I delete cookies, as well as history quite frequently.

I use a Password manager that enters my passwords for me to prevent me from having to enter the necessary information when I go back to that site.

Oldfriend

oldfriend

ForumCoin: 919

Postby kat82 » 10 Nov 2018, 10:19

darkthorn wrote:I always do it, most of the time I use CCleaner to clean the cache, cookies and other stuff. Keeping all those things away keeps your PC in a good wealth. Further more many sites install cookies to colect information that you do not even know you are giving to them, so it is also a question of safety.

I don't use any third part software when it comes to cleaning and clearing my cache and cookies. I don't even trust those third party sites and nor do I know what they can do with my information. I do it manually.

kat82

Referrals: 6
ForumCoin: 7

Postby freelancermariagrace » 10 Nov 2018, 12:14

Yes, I do it once in every two to three months.

freelancermariagrace

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 163

Postby ptrikha21 » 10 Nov 2018, 13:46

remnant wrote:Some websites do not mention their cookie policy and one soon realizes that cookies are being downloaded into their devices. I made a mistake some time ago and deleted them only to find that many websites I had signed up with required me to furnish my password due to this action.

I normally set my Browser to clear caches after closing it. I hope that this works, but if there are cookies that are programmatically meant not to be removed by this option, then they might not clear up by doing so.

ptrikha21

ForumCoin: 378

Postby kat82 » 12 Nov 2018, 10:37

ptrikha21 wrote:
remnant wrote:Some websites do not mention their cookie policy and one soon realizes that cookies are being downloaded into their devices. I made a mistake some time ago and deleted them only to find that many websites I had signed up with required me to furnish my password due to this action.

I normally set my Browser to clear caches after closing it. I hope that this works, but if there are cookies that are programmatically meant not to be removed by this option, then they might not clear up by doing so.

I almost forgot that the different browsers have this feature - setting cookies to auto clear upon closure. Oh yes but still, how about if you had not not saved an important password like its that now there are auto generated aka suggested passwords?

kat82

Referrals: 6
ForumCoin: 7

Postby katkat » 12 Nov 2018, 10:41

Yes, but I always have a problem remembering my passwords. So I have to figure it out first before going to clean or delete cookies. Even if I save my passwords in phone or other places, most of the time I forgot it.

katkat

Referrals: 5
ForumCoin: 1,059

Postby suny » 12 Nov 2018, 10:48

I don't clear cookies in normal course but only when a situation demands clear cookies and caches. In fact, I have a few set of passwords that I keep changing so there is a very little chance I will forget my passwords.

suny

Referrals: 63
ForumCoin: 486

Postby nerdonforumcoin » 12 Nov 2018, 11:08

I don't normal delete cookies. If there is any issue and I need to delete cookies, I will do it.

nerdonforumcoin

Referrals: 8
ForumCoin: 291

Postby kanchan18 » 23 Nov 2018, 15:21

These days every site has to declare their cookies policy otherwise they will be trouble.
Regarding deleting cookies i generally do it every week to clean up my system.

kanchan18

ForumCoin: 806

Postby nakitakona » 23 Nov 2018, 15:38

nerdonforumcoin wrote:I don't normal delete cookies. If there is any issue and I need to delete cookies, I will do it.

I do the same what you are doing. I know cookies play an important role in the sites that we usually used to or often visit. They gather our activities in their own sites. They monitor our frequent actions. However, when my browser gets stuck or won't work because of that I have to clean them, refreshing my browser to normally function. That is why I always have a ready list of passwords I have had in a particular site for easy retrieval.

nakitakona

ForumCoin: 612

Postby katkat » 24 Nov 2018, 07:29

I delete cookies laptop and pc now I don't know if I need to do it on phone.

katkat

ForumCoin: 1,059

Postby anil02 » 24 Nov 2018, 07:51

suny wrote:I don't clear cookies in normal course but only when a situation demands clear cookies and caches. In fact, I have a few set of passwords that I keep changing so there is a very little chance I will forget my passwords.

I clear cooking when I feel than my computer is some slow. My laptop is 10 years old so I clear history and cookies regularly. I am not changing my pass word.

anil02

Referrals: 3
ForumCoin: 532

Postby Tendz » 24 Nov 2018, 11:02

I sometimes clear the cookies when there is a need to. Normally, I clear my internet cache and my history

Tendz

ForumCoin: 612

Postby gugun21 » 28 Nov 2018, 12:25

No, I never looked at this matter but for reviving my password in a survey site, I had to delete my cookies but still, it did not work!

gugun21

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 221

Postby kanchan18 » 08 Jan 2019, 07:01

I do that in regular interval. It is essential to run some sites specially survey sites properly. As each of the site we visit leaves a cookie behind it is prudent to remove them regularly.

kanchan18

ForumCoin: 806

PreviousNext

Return to Webmaster Questions, Discussion & News