*** ForumCoin is Proudly Hosted by Hawk Host ***
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
BMF Banner Ad
You know you want to!

Don't forget to log out!

Postby remnant » 08 Nov 2016, 14:49

Some people are careless with their online accounts including email addresses. They forget to sign out in public internet places or even in their devices with the risk of their accounts being accessed, swindled and even hijacked to post nefarious information. Don't wait to be bitten any time soon!

remnant

ForumCoin: 7

Banner Ad

Re: Don't forget to log out!

Postby chikitta » 08 Nov 2016, 19:52

That's true I have noticed that a lot of times where people don't log out and that way your information is at risk and you can end up losing some vital information whist is devastating.

chikitta

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 354

Postby shamzblueworld » 11 Nov 2016, 04:14

I usually never login to any of my accounts from a public place or someone else's device. Its just my PC, Laptop and Smartphone.

shamzblueworld

ForumCoin: 274

Postby Decentlady » 11 Nov 2016, 06:45

Gone are the days when I used to access net through public computers. However, there are still people who do. This is a good reminder. I use my personal devices and most times do not log out.

Decentlady

Referrals: 18
ForumCoin: 274

Postby Husainkoliraskr » 11 Nov 2016, 06:53

I use my all account in my phone but before i was using in cyber cafe.. i never used my internetbanking in any computer so i never worry about it. It must be privacy of our account because it can be mis use by some thieves so we need to be aware

Husainkoliraskr

ForumCoin: 0

Postby sprite1950 » 11 Nov 2016, 07:02

I don't ever use public wifi but at home I don't often log out of my various accounts. It would be madness not to log out if you are using shared wifi.

sprite1950

Referrals: 10
ForumCoin: 0

Postby taqua » 11 Nov 2016, 10:50

That is why I am avoiding public computers because I often forget to log out my accounts. There was a time when someone just posted nasty comments using my facebook. That is why I started surfing in incognito mode.

taqua

ForumCoin: 30

Postby nakitakona » 11 Nov 2016, 11:11

This is the usual happening when a user is accessing his account through a public computer in an Internet cafe. It couldn't practically be avoided for he is under pressured. His access to Internet is being timed. Once it is used up, the computer automatically shut down. Therefore, he has to give up and leave his work or account unlogged out. It is good if he is given an extra time to do it.

nakitakona

Referrals: 5
ForumCoin: 236

Postby ceci » 11 Nov 2016, 13:24

I will never access my personal email or banking sites in the public internet place nowadays as I have smart phone and laptop which are can be carried everywhere easily with me. Some times, I just need the internet connection, then I will go to those cafe equipped with free internet service and have a cup of coffee.

ceci

Referrals: 5
ForumCoin: 26

Postby theMARKER » 16 Nov 2016, 14:36

I have always been careful when it comes to login in using public computers. I'm also careful logging in to my personal accounts(bank accnts) when using public wifi. It's just a jungle out here and we'll never know.

theMARKER

ForumCoin: 55

Postby Angie10 » 16 Nov 2016, 14:50

As soon as we got to Botswana, one of the first things we did was to connect the internet. I know some people don't have a choice, but I avoid internet cafes and public wifi as much as I possibly can. If I have to use the latter, I'm extra cautious. -and even then, I prefer to always use my own devices.

Angie10

Referrals: 4
ForumCoin: 4,440

Postby Canaria » 17 Nov 2016, 04:18

I rarely log out manually unless when I clean up browser's cache, considering it is for home use. I can only hope the information is not leaked or hacked despite that.

Canaria

ForumCoin: 3

Postby moondebi » 20 Nov 2016, 14:52

Though I never use public connections, but I'm one of those careless fellows who never logs out. As I'm the sole user of my internet connection so I could afford this carelessness. However, this is not to promote the idea of not logging out rather it is good to log out always to maintain the safety of personal information.

moondebi

ForumCoin: 147

Postby nela13 » 20 Nov 2016, 17:43

If I need to work with public Wi-Fi, I am extra caution. I work in a library and there is free Wi-Fi and I usually use it but in my own device, public computers are often full of virus.

nela13

Referrals: 4
ForumCoin: 402

Postby tpicks » 21 Nov 2016, 23:58

Too risky accessing the internet in a public cybercafe and forget to sign out. I have seen that in those days I use public computers, saw account not signed out and user left. I just felt bad and called the cybercafe admin to attend to it.

tpicks

ForumCoin: 406

Next

Your Ad Here.

Return to General Chat - Off Topic