*** ForumCoin is Proudly Hosted by Hawk Host ***
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
BMF Banner Ad
Webmaster forum. Website development, design & management. Graphic design. Blog / Forum Set-up, Management, Admin & News

Tips for blogging

Postby haripriyavkl » 22 Sep 2016, 18:02

Hey friends,
I am new to the field of blogging. So can you tell me some tips on getting a good traffic and other do's and don'ts. I really appreciate your help. Thanks in advance :)

haripriyavkl

ForumCoin: 513

Re: Tips for blogging

Postby oldbuddy » 22 Sep 2016, 22:21

I will just pass on the one that troubled me the most, post good content OFTEN or it will melt away like a snowman in July. It's relatively easy to come up with an idea and hit the ground running, but this is a marathon and not just a sprint.

oldbuddy

Referrals: 38
ForumCoin: 2,407

Postby Decentlady » 23 Sep 2016, 08:07

Again good constant content is the king but getting it out there for people to see is another struggle. You can usesocial media for popularity. Writing on what your target audience might find interesting is the key however, you too shoukd be passionate about it. If you are planning to hook Adsense then give it a good reason to accept your blog. I hope that helps.

Decentlady

Referrals: 18
ForumCoin: 274

Postby Fergal » 24 Sep 2016, 10:39

haripriyavkl wrote:I am new to the field of blogging

Do you already have a blog or are you planning on starting one? If you have one already please feel free to share the URL with us.

Best Year Ever :D

Fergal
Site Admin

ForumCoin: 13,520

Postby oldfriend » 24 Sep 2016, 17:38

The more you write, the more people see it.

Just Post good quality content.

Don't try and make money. Just try and make friends.

Oldfriend

oldfriend

ForumCoin: 124

Postby loba » 25 Sep 2016, 03:14

I like this post, since there are so many blog out there try so hard to make money with thousand of ads in single page

deep insight, useful, and unique content will make your blog getting attention to the people

oldfriend wrote:The more you write, the more people see it.

Just Post good quality content.

Don't try and make money. Just try and make friends.

Oldfriend

loba

ForumCoin: 26

Postby ceci » 25 Sep 2016, 04:13

Quality is the key. And,topics in general interest and informative enough.

ceci

Referrals: 5
ForumCoin: 26

Postby sherryinutah » 25 Sep 2016, 05:12

haripriyavkl wrote:Hey friends,
I am new to the field of blogging. So can you tell me some tips on getting a good traffic and other do's and don'ts. I really appreciate your help. Thanks in advance :)

1- It was important for me to use free software in the beginning while I was learning because I needed time to figure out what I wanted to do without paying for a domain and hosting.
2- I'm most familiar with Google Blogger so I did some research to learn that a RESPONSIVE or DYNAMIC template will make it possible for people to view your blog on a desktop monitor and a lot of different sizes of mobile devices. This was important to me because I wanted someone with an Iphone to be able to navigate my blog.

Good luck with everything you do. :thumbup:

sherryinutah

ForumCoin: 355

Postby haripriyavkl » 25 Sep 2016, 16:43

Me and my friend have started a travel blog not long ago. We are yet to post contents. Thank you everyone for the advice and tips. Very helpful. This is the site that we have created. travelexperience101.com The blog name is Travel Paradise.

haripriyavkl

ForumCoin: 513

Postby Lexi » 25 Sep 2016, 19:03

To get good traffic you should post at the right time of day, set up social media profiles and share them, and make sure your titles are catchy, but not click and bait ones.

Blogging takes time, and you shouldn't expect fast results. I would say aim to post a a couple of times a week if possible, and then also respond to comments.

Lexi

Referrals: 4
ForumCoin: 534

Postby thisnthat » 28 Sep 2016, 19:28

haripriyavkl wrote:Me and my friend have started a travel blog not long ago. We are yet to post contents. Thank you everyone for the advice and tips. Very helpful. This is the site that we have created. travelexperience101.com The blog name is Travel Paradise.

I would get something up right away. If people stop by and there is nothing at all, you can't be sure they will come back. Even an introductory or welcome page and a photo would be better than nothing. Just my two cents.

thisnthat

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 383

Postby makeinst » 05 Oct 2016, 16:22

I have my own blog on blogger.com Maybe this blog can help you. I called it Blog Adwertising http://blogadwertising.blogspot.rs/

makeinst

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 177

Postby WorkAtHomeGal » 05 Oct 2016, 16:33

I think it is very important to keep your blog updated. I have learned the hard way by now working on mine enough what it is like to lose readers. So make sure you at least are blogging about something you enjoy! That will help. Posting new content, cleaning up the design and staying active are all very important and don't be spammy, that is a big no no.

WorkAtHomeGal

Referrals: 29
ForumCoin: 68

Postby remnant » 06 Oct 2016, 15:13

A good blog should have a high keyword density and the domain should target a certain keyword pegged to the niche in question. A blog should aim to give information with a slant towards something new.

--- 06 Oct 2016, 15:13 ---

A good blog should have a high keyword density and the domain should target a certain keyword pegged to the niche in question. A blog should aim to give information with a slant towards something new.

remnant

ForumCoin: 7

Postby oldbuddy » 06 Oct 2016, 22:28

remnant wrote:A good blog should have a high keyword density and the domain should target a certain keyword pegged to the niche in question. A blog should aim to give information with a slant towards something new.

--- 06 Oct 2016, 15:13 ---

Is this recommendation based on personal experience or regurgitated rhetoric? If it is, what keyword is your blog pegged to?

oldbuddy

Referrals: 38
ForumCoin: 2,407

Next

Your Ad Here.

Return to Webmaster Questions, Discussion & News