*** ForumCoin is Proudly Hosted by Hawk Host ***
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
BMF Banner Ad
Webmaster forum. Website development, design & management. Graphic design. Blog / Forum Set-up, Management, Admin & News

Mailing Lists

Postby thisnthat » 22 Sep 2016, 15:48

How do you get sign ups? If you use a typical widget, how much information do you require to sign up?

Which company do you use for your mailing list/campaigns? Do you pay or use a free one?

thisnthat

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 383

Re: Mailing Lists

Postby oldbuddy » 23 Sep 2016, 06:05

thisnthat wrote:How do you get sign ups? If you use a typical widget, how much information do you require to sign up?

Which company do you use for your mailing list/campaigns? Do you pay or use a free one?

I get signups by using a capture page (usually two step) and only ask for first name and email. I pay $10 a month for the service I use, but since they offer 100% referral commissions, I earn more than it ever costs me.

oldbuddy

Referrals: 38
ForumCoin: 2,407

Postby Sam » 23 Sep 2016, 06:17

I was using SendGrid (at $10/mo) which allowed me to send 40,000 emails/mo. I have never really sent out a newsletter but it's absolutely something I want to be doing. It has huge potential to increase engagement and to remind users to revisit your site when you put up new content or add new features.

A club I'm a part of uses MailChimp (http://mailchimp.com) because it's 100% free for your first 2,000 subscribers and 12,000 emails! :)

Sam

Referrals: 15
ForumCoin: 179

Postby augusta » 22 Aug 2017, 18:58

I open this page to also learn how this is practically done.Though I had google search online.I really want a signup icon on my page.I will just try the ones mentioned here out.

augusta

ForumCoin: 36

Postby thisnthat » 23 Aug 2017, 15:46

augusta wrote:I open this page to also learn how this is practically done.Though I had google search online.I really want a signup icon on my page.I will just try the ones mentioned here out.

I gave Mail Chimp a try at Sam's suggestion. You can customize your emails and set up campaigns. It keeps stats. Best of all, it's free to start. You might want to give it a look.

thisnthat

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 383

Postby ahmedo24 » 24 Aug 2017, 11:45

Learning how to use mailing list and the best company is important before start up, I have learnt about three companies here now. I will intensify my research to know more. Thanks for this information.

ahmedo24

Referrals: 52
ForumCoin: 3

Postby timobg » 24 Aug 2017, 12:25

I don't normally use mailing lists, I think people who use them don't pay attention at all to the e-mail they receive and only use them to advertise their programs.
I'm currently testing 1 site I found - buildmydownlines.com - I read other members e-mails, get credits and use them to advertise my links. So far I've received a few sign ups but I can't tell if it was because of this website or other traffic source..

timobg

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 156

Postby oldbuddy » 24 Aug 2017, 14:38

Don't overlook the potential Mailing Lists have to make money, just because they are perceived as a necessity for a marketing campaign. To be honest, I am not too concerned if most of my subscribers read my email or not, I still get paid every month and have for a couple of years now.

oldbuddy

Referrals: 38
ForumCoin: 2,407

Postby Abeledafe » 24 Aug 2017, 21:19

mailing list is a good medium of reaching a large number of clients to get a glimps of your products or services

Abeledafe

ForumCoin: 65

Postby raaman » 26 Aug 2017, 09:50

thisnthat wrote:How do you get sign ups?

So far I have not tried it vigorously. In fact, I want to try it and see how it works.

raaman

ForumCoin: 2,985

Postby SUPERSINGH » 30 Aug 2017, 14:19

Nope never tried it but looking at its pros I think its better to use as it may yield us more revenue than its actual cost. :thumbup:

SUPERSINGH
Banned

Referrals: 124
ForumCoin: 2,964

Postby Bamidelewood » 02 Sep 2017, 16:19

my friend uses one they call send blazer. Ita $9 per month

Bamidelewood
Banned

ForumCoin: 18

Postby cinderella » 13 Oct 2018, 09:57

I found this thread while I was trying to learn about building an email list for my upcoming blog. I am planning to use Aweber because I read positive reviews about the site. They are also offering a free trial. Is there anybody using AWeber?

EARN BITCON CASH THROUGH WRITING

cinderella

Referrals: 9
ForumCoin: 512

Postby Chameli » 14 Oct 2018, 00:34

cinderella wrote:I found this thread while I was trying to learn about building an email list for my upcoming blog. I am planning to use Aweber because I read positive reviews about the site. They are also offering a free trial. Is there anybody using AWeber?

Try mailchimp instead of aweber. It is free if your list is less than 2000.

Chameli
Banned

ForumCoin: 170

Postby cinderella » 14 Oct 2018, 00:41

Thank you for the suggestion. Aside from being free, what other factors made you choose Mailchimp over Aweber?

EARN BITCON CASH THROUGH WRITING

cinderella

Referrals: 9
ForumCoin: 512

Next

Your Ad Here.

Return to Webmaster Questions, Discussion & News