ForumCoin Special Offer: Free ForumCoin Exchanges Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
Talk hardware, software, computer gaming, mobile devices, the Internet, social networking and other technology

Re: Do you comment?

Postby Lexi » 18 Sep 2016, 15:39

DreekLass wrote:
Lexi wrote:I comment on Yahoo, because I am already logged in and only because I feel the need to highlight how absurd some of the stories are, and the incorrect information usually.

On my own sites, you simply have to have people put an email address in before posting as I have had long spam comments (usually religious ones) and it's not worth the hassle, even though I moderate all comments.

This post is hilarious lol. Religious comments? What sort of blog topic do you post about?

Nothing heavy, but more philosophical questions such as freedom, humanity, and morals.

Lexi

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 534

Postby DreekLass » 19 Sep 2016, 12:09

@Lexi , that sounds like my kind of blog. A lot of these religious people often have a problem with people even asking questions, which is harmful because if you don't ask questions how do you learn.

DreekLass

ForumCoin: 63

Postby Lushh » 28 Sep 2018, 18:11

Decentlady wrote:When I am reading an interesting and useful bit of information online I sometimes feel like leaving a useful comment but many times I get put off if it asks me to login via my Google account in order to leave the comment. Do you ever feel the same?

If logging in via any other account is the only way to comment then yes I'll be put off and instead keep my comment to myself. If allowed, I comment as a guest whenever I come across something interesting.

Lushh

ForumCoin: 782

Postby cmoneyspinner » 28 Sep 2018, 21:02

Decentlady wrote:When I am reading an interesting and useful bit of information online I sometimes feel like leaving a useful comment but many times I get put off if it asks me to login via my Google account in order to leave the comment. Do you ever feel the same?

Not really. I get put off when I take my time to supply a comment and it vanishes into thin air. It probably hit the site's spam box. If I know the person who owns the site I may contact them to let them know that I left a comment. But if my comment disappears, I disappear too! :thumbdown: I usually don't come back to that site. I wave Bye Bye! :wave:

cmoneyspinner

Referrals: 6
ForumCoin: 238

Postby cinderella » 28 Sep 2018, 23:43

I would usually encounter blogs which allow leaving email and my own site's URL. That is fine with me. However, if the site would require logging in on another platform, I would not anymore leave a comment especially if I don't have an account on the requested platform.

cinderella

Referrals: 8
ForumCoin: 260

Postby Chameli » 29 Sep 2018, 14:14

I am a forum poster and I post a lot of comments every day. When I read blogs and I find it useful and interesting, or need some clarification on some issues, I leave a comment.

Chameli
Banned

ForumCoin: 170

Postby jpk7 » 30 Sep 2018, 12:55

Yes I do comment . It's always good to comment on something that you may find interesting or something that you feel on which you can contribute positively in a conversation. I don't randomly comment on every post I see.

jpk7

ForumCoin: 173

Postby Chameli » 01 Oct 2018, 11:58

jpk7 wrote:Yes I do comment . It's always good to comment on something that you may find interesting or something that you feel on which you can contribute positively in a conversation. I don't randomly comment on every post I see.

That's what I do. I do leave comments on the blog posts I read, however, I do not always leave a comment. I once even tried blog commenting in a hope that I will be reciprocated. However, I left blog comment for traffic because people did not reciprocate.

Chameli
Banned

Postby johnywalker » 02 Oct 2018, 04:29

I leave a comment only when necessary. I also do not normally reply to the comment on my posts. I leave comment only when I need clarification or have something to say about the topic.

johnywalker
Banned

ForumCoin: 178

Postby msmoneybags » 02 Oct 2018, 14:32

YES!!! I hate that really, sometimes you will get lucky and it will let you comment anonymously, but rarely

Usually it wants a facebook login, and I wont do that, as I dont need multiple strangers trying to make friend requests

msmoneybags

ForumCoin: 223

Postby freelancermariagrace » 03 Oct 2018, 15:09

I usually skip those blog posts that require to log in via email, facebook, etc. It's time-consuming for me. But if it is something really important (like how to make money online, etc), then probably I'll make an effort to sign up/register. :lol:

freelancermariagrace

ForumCoin: 163

Postby kat82 » 04 Oct 2018, 10:19

For as long as there is a need for me to submit a comment for example to thank the author, of course yes but only to comment forms which allows me to include my website URL link. This at least am sure that once in a while, may be someone will visit me up and there by getting a hit. Also a no follow!

kat82

Referrals: 6
ForumCoin: 7

Postby jpk7 » 07 Oct 2018, 13:56

Yes it is irritating when you are asked to login before commenting but I guess some amount of regulation is required while allowing comments. You know there are so many freaks and fraudsters roaming around the net. Some guys post such obnoxious and unrelated comments that it just completely takes you away from the topic that is been discussed.

jpk7

ForumCoin: 173

Postby Chameli » 20 Dec 2018, 02:37

I leave comments when I have to. Normally, I leave comments when I want to refute or want clarification. I never leave comments that are generic in nature.

Chameli
Banned

Postby sofs » 20 Dec 2018, 03:57

I comment when there is something that tickles me in a post.. I am usually not a big commenter.. but when i am see something funny , or wrong information or something very interesting I can't stop myself.

sofs

ForumCoin: 2,186

PreviousNext

Return to CGT - Computers, Gaming & Technology