ForumCoin Special Offer: Free ForumCoin Exchanges Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
Talk hardware, software, computer gaming, mobile devices, the Internet, social networking and other technology

Re: Do you comment?

Postby anorona » 20 Dec 2018, 17:16

I do it mostly on forums, but on other site, I rarely give comment even if I have something to say.

anorona

ForumCoin: 225

Postby jackchun » 20 Dec 2018, 18:04

I usually use chat if they have, and paid forum I will comment or have free signature I may be

jackchun

ForumCoin: 1,024

Postby Rational Mind » 20 Dec 2018, 23:54

There was a time when I was doing a lot of blog commenting in a hope to get traffic and backlinks, however, this did not help much.

Rational Mind
Banned

ForumCoin: 34

Postby cmoneyspinner » 21 Dec 2018, 04:45

Decentlady wrote:When I am reading an interesting and useful bit of information online I sometimes feel like leaving a useful comment but many times I get put off if it asks me to login via my Google account in order to leave the comment. Do you ever feel the same?

Many spammers are out and about. The request to sign in to protect the blog from being spammed. I'm OK with it.

cmoneyspinner

Referrals: 6
ForumCoin: 230

Postby Chameli » 21 Dec 2018, 06:46

dominique wrote:There was a time when I was doing a lot of blog commenting in a hope to get traffic and backlinks, however, this did not help much.

IN order to benefit from blog commenting, you need to join a group of bloggers. By exchanging comments, you will be inviting valuable comments.

Chameli
Banned

ForumCoin: 170

Postby Ash » 21 Dec 2018, 21:59

I can't remember the last time I even made a comment on a blog that I wasn't paid for. I just don't visit as many blogs as before really.

Ash

ForumCoin: 360

Postby Rational Mind » 21 Dec 2018, 23:02

kingcool52 wrote:I can't remember the last time I even made a comment on a blog that I wasn't paid for. I just don't visit as many blogs as before really.

Normally I also do not leave comments on blogs, however, in the past I did a lot of blog comments. If you leave commnets only few will reciprocate.

Rational Mind
Banned

ForumCoin: 34

Postby cmoneyspinner » 22 Dec 2018, 01:38

dominique wrote:Normally I also do not leave comments on blogs, however, in the past I did a lot of blog comments. If you leave commnets only few will reciprocate.

It's true only a few will reciprocate. But I never expected reciprocation. Usually when my blog got a comment I was excited just to see somebody had stopped by. Some of my commenters didn't leave a link for me to go visit them.

But when I first started blogging, the "experts" all said to visit a lot of blogs and leave comments. Especially the blogs that wanted a name, an email and offered a box for you to put your website link. The "experts" said it helped create good backlinks for your blog. So that's what I did.

But I stopped after a while because too many of my comments evaporated. They disappeared. Sometimes I would contact the publisher and they would say the comments went to spam. Uh huh. I have had several blogs and I've seen the kind of comments that get trashed as spam. I'm not trying to say that my comments are "all that" but I do NOT leave spammy comments!

So I find blogs that when I leave a comment, my comments show up immediately. If the blog publisher uses that CommentsLuv plugin, that's even better. But If I leave a comment and my comments disappear, that blogger won't see me again. I'm outta there!

Hey! I got rules! One of my rules is "Don't waste my time!" :lol: :lol:

cmoneyspinner

Postby Chameli » 23 Dec 2018, 03:11

@cmoney when you leave comments on popular blogs and the blog is already receiving a lot of comments, than your comment might go into spam box or deleted. Commenting on blogs can be a waste of time.

Chameli
Banned

Postby cmoneyspinner » 23 Dec 2018, 03:18

Chameli wrote:@cmoney when you leave comments on popular blogs and the blog is already receiving a lot of comments, than your comment might go into spam box or deleted. Commenting on blogs can be a waste of time.

Yeah I know. That's why I started joining Facebook groups where people share their blog post links. The purpose of the groups is for bloggers to support each other. It helps but I have other projects that I am working on so I am not always so active in the groups. If your blog gets good comments people can sometimes find your blog through the comments. I have been searching sometimes and found comments which led me to a person's blog. Evidently Google indexes blog comments.

cmoneyspinner

Postby Chameli » 24 Dec 2018, 05:23

cmoneyspinner wrote:
Chameli wrote:@cmoney when you leave comments on popular blogs and the blog is already receiving a lot of comments, than your comment might go into spam box or deleted. Commenting on blogs can be a waste of time.

Yeah I know. That's why I started joining Facebook groups where people share their blog post links. The purpose of the groups is for bloggers to support each other. It helps but I have other projects that I am working on so I am not always so active in the groups. If your blog gets good comments people can sometimes find your blog through the comments. I have been searching sometimes and found comments which led me to a person's blog. Evidently Google indexes blog comments.

I have participated on a couple of blog groups on facebook, however, I did not benefit much. Most of the members are only interested in promoting their works and very few will reciprocate.

Chameli
Banned

Postby cinderella » 27 Dec 2018, 03:13

I would oftentimes receive comments on my blog. What I do is to trace back the site of the visitor and I would also choose from one of his/her posts which I can possibly make a relevant comment.

Visit IDEAL CAREER IDEAS for new online earning ideas!
DATA ENTRY SITES THAT YOU CAN JOIN IN 2019
cinderella

Referrals: 8
ForumCoin: 256

Postby augusta » 27 Dec 2018, 03:24

Well, I think commenting on sites are really easy now since there are other options one can use to comment not just Google account. You can use annoymous or name . I comment mostly with my name on sites.

augusta

ForumCoin: 197

Postby sofs » 27 Dec 2018, 11:05

dominique wrote:There was a time when I was doing a lot of blog commenting in a hope to get traffic and backlinks, however, this did not help much.

A few years ago this as touted as the best method to receive backlinks and reciprocal traffic.. but it never worked fro me either.

sofs

ForumCoin: 2,186

Postby kat82 » 29 Dec 2018, 10:50

augusta wrote:Well, I think commenting on sites are really easy now since there are other options one can use to comment not just Google account. You can use annoymous or name . I comment mostly with my name on sites.

Yes, I like those sites which gives the user option to choose which way to use when posting a comment eg Facebook, URL, Google and etc. It makes it all easy.

kat82

ForumCoin: 7

PreviousNext

Return to CGT - Computers, Gaming & Technology