ForumCoin Special Offer: Free ForumCoin Exchanges Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
Webmaster forum. Website development, design & management. Graphic design. Blog / Forum Set-up, Management, Admin & News

Re: Forums are dying

Postby Ash » 14 Apr 2019, 16:34

You can get paid to troll? Where can I find something like this lol?
You have to be careful though. Some users aren't looking for heated debates so you may end up accidentally pushing them away

Ash

ForumCoin: 417

Postby KyushuKris » 15 Apr 2019, 00:37

i sometimes wonder if this forum isn't dying a bit..? it seems like very few new threads appear. People simply choosing to post on the end of the old ones, probably out of obligation to get their daily FC but not because they actually want to have discussions.

KyushuKris

ForumCoin: 376

Postby Ash » 15 Apr 2019, 11:33

KyushuKris wrote:i sometimes wonder if this forum isn't dying a bit..? it seems like very few new threads appear. People simply choosing to post on the end of the old ones, probably out of obligation to get their daily FC but not because they actually want to have discussions.

Unfortunately, that's what you get when you have a paid-to-post forum. I wouldn't say that it is dying because the premise of the forum has always been like this. But you do get a few users that want to discuss various aspects and learn how to build websites/make money online

Ash

Postby sabtra » 15 Apr 2019, 13:08

I don't think forums are truly dying. Just like it's been happening for many other businesses, the big brands make the small ones disappear. I mostly browse forums when I look for info, but it's usually Quora, Steam or Reddit. I sometimes encounter less popular forums, and the posts there are often old.

ForumCoin 'bribes' people to be active on their platform. Easy. :lol:

sabtra

ForumCoin: 378

Postby cmoneyspinner » 15 Apr 2019, 17:47

Forums are dying? Maybe it looks that way to people who have been active on forums for a long time. But I just recently started with forums and so far ... the 2 forums where I am active - this site, Forum Coin, and Beer Money Forum - don't show any signs of dying.

cmoneyspinner

Referrals: 6
ForumCoin: 308

Postby fergus1234 » 15 Apr 2019, 20:01

cmoneyspinner wrote:Forums are dying? Maybe it looks that way to people who have been active on forums for a long time. But I just recently started with forums and so far ... the 2 forums where I am active - this site, Forum Coin, and Beer Money Forum - don't show any signs of dying.

The forums you mentioned are monetized. I think this is more pertaining to non paying forums

fergus1234

ForumCoin: 7

Postby MysticMoons » 15 Apr 2019, 23:50

Yes paid to post forums will always have some action. Money attracts a lot of clicks. But regular forums I used to post on years ago are dead or just only one new post a week will pop up. If anything the trolls are the only thing keeping those forums alive.

--- 15 Apr 2019, 23:51 ---

fergus1234 wrote:Paid trolls are not bullies though. They just trigger people to debate.

Where can I get some paid troll gigs? I have trolled or free before for the Lulz. But I would love to get paid
to do it. :mrgreen:

Get paid to be online! make money while being on facebook, youtube or any site! pays worldwide. No min payout. Money has been sent to me every 3 days
https://ghettomedia.wixsite.com/mysite/post/how-to-get-paid-to-listen-to-music-and-watch-youtube-from-home
MysticMoons

ForumCoin: 2,180

Postby cmoneyspinner » 16 Apr 2019, 01:45

@fergus1234 - OK. Thanks for the clarification. I've never really been active on a non-paying forum. Forum Coin is the first forum for me where I started being active. In this forum I learned about other forums.

cmoneyspinner

Postby sofs » 16 Apr 2019, 02:29

cmoneyspinner wrote:Forums are dying? Maybe it looks that way to people who have been active on forums for a long time. But I just recently started with forums and so far ... the 2 forums where I am active - this site, Forum Coin, and Beer Money Forum - don't show any signs of dying.

These are the only forums that are active and alive. Most of the others even though they are paid to post are just barely dragging themselves around or have died a quiet and peaceful death. TFW, DGF, Postloop some examples. In general forums aren't doing too well I guess.I hear that even the gaming and religious forums are barely alive.

sofs

ForumCoin: 2,193

Postby ceci » 16 Apr 2019, 04:07

Most of the forums or blogs are relying on revenue from advertisements for surviving,thus they are dying if no revenue, hence we need to click those ads once for a while for helping them to live longer.

ceci

Referrals: 5
ForumCoin: 805

Postby fergus1234 » 16 Apr 2019, 04:55

What kills the regular forums is reddit because the universal log in made casuals dont need to register multiple times. A single account is all they need to post on multiple communities.

fergus1234

ForumCoin: 7

Postby Ash » 16 Apr 2019, 11:04

I think that forum owners should try to change the type of people they are trying to attract to their forum. Not everyone likes the way Reddit works or the type of users on there so there are still users that are interested in forums.

Ash

Postby KyushuKris » 16 Apr 2019, 15:01

forums will always exist but nowadays they're not the main platform for communication. If a forum pays cash to bring in the punters it will do well for a while, but once the users realise it takes absolutely forever to get any actual $$$ they'll flee like mice, word will spread and nobody will link to the place. Hence the stagnation.

KyushuKris

ForumCoin: 376

Postby cmoneyspinner » 16 Apr 2019, 19:20

fergus1234 wrote:What kills the regular forums is reddit because the universal log in made casuals dont need to register multiple times. A single account is all they need to post on multiple communities.

Also Reddit has a social share button. It shows up on the list right along with Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, etc. I don't see share buttons for other forums.

--- 16 Apr 2019, 13:26 ---

kingcool52 wrote:I think that forum owners should try to change the type of people they are trying to attract to their forum. Not everyone likes the way Reddit works or the type of users on there so there are still users that are interested in forums.

I personally don't like Reddit. I had more than one bad experience. Both the owners and users came across as having a stank attitude and acting like they were all that! That was my experience. Anyway! I'm sure probably nobody else has had the same experience as me. However, since I never had that kind of experience anywhere else, I wrote Reddit off as a "bad apple". Won't let one bad apple spoil the whole bunch. Moved on.

cmoneyspinner

Postby MysticMoons » 16 Apr 2019, 20:25

Reddit is cool but I got lazy about posting on there. I might get back on there again.
Also where are the paid to troll gigs? If anyone know please tell me or link me. :D

Forum coin is a forum I enjoy a lot. But a couple forums I used to love some died all the way, and are now living on facebook groups instead. And one forum is hanging on by a thread. There is maybe one new post a week.

Get paid to be online! make money while being on facebook, youtube or any site! pays worldwide. No min payout. Money has been sent to me every 3 days
https://ghettomedia.wixsite.com/mysite/post/how-to-get-paid-to-listen-to-music-and-watch-youtube-from-home
MysticMoons

ForumCoin: 2,180

PreviousNext

Return to Webmaster Questions, Discussion & News