ForumCoin Special Offer: Free ForumCoin Exchanges Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
Webmaster forum. Website development, design & management. Graphic design. Blog / Forum Set-up, Management, Admin & News

Re: Why the need for Captcha?

Postby ahmedo24 » 30 May 2018, 18:42

It has helped curb the activities of rabots online especially the hard captchas

ahmedo24

Referrals: 24
ForumCoin: 3,721

Postby Chameli » 01 Jun 2018, 15:42

It is believed captcha stops bots and spammers. I do not know about the bots but it does not stop spammers.

Chameli

ForumCoin: 39

Postby dominique » 10 Jun 2018, 18:54

Since I am receiving a lot of spamm comments, I will be installing captcha soon.

dominique

ForumCoin: 76

Postby ahmedo24 » 10 Jun 2018, 19:28

Captcha has helped to reduce spam activities reasonably, it is good to have it on sites but it should be programmed in a simple way so as not to discourage people

ahmedo24

Referrals: 24
ForumCoin: 3,721

Postby anyona54 » 13 Jun 2018, 10:51

Captcha as they say prevents internet bots from accessing the sites. A bot cannot figure out the figures in captchas nor identify what a captcher asks of it.

This dates back in the first phase of online shopping when intelligent programmers used bots to place orders and in one way corrupt the system so their online payment was authorised.

This though they uses fake card details. The system having been corrupted by the bot would place the order and authorise delivery. Using a bot to hack a site was very easy then.

Captchas though have also become very annoying. You can literaly spend 2 mins on a silly captcha that keeps on repeating itself. I personaly hate them and easily avoid sites that use them.

anyona54
Banned

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 141

Postby nick254 » 14 Jun 2018, 12:49

Captchas get annoying when the site in question does not program it well. Some captchas are very disturbing that by the time you successfully log into the site, then you shall have given that site enough traffic to run its ads.

Although the main reason for using captchas is to prevent non-human internet user, other bright hackers can learn its sequence and apply it well on their bots so the bots can access the site very easily. In my opinion captchas are useless and I do not recommend their use in sites.

nick254
Banned

ForumCoin: 62

Postby nicholas99 » 15 Jun 2018, 19:29

Sensitive sites that do not want even a pinch of their data compromised by bots employ the use of captchers.

This is because bots cannot see or think beyond their program code. Captchas change everytime a user logs in, thus a bot can not successfully access a site considering past entered data.

nicholas99
Banned

ForumCoin: 52

Postby dominique » 17 Jun 2018, 21:11

I am receiving so many spam comments and posting that In have decided to set up captcha on my website. I had not installed captcha because it cal also be a nuisance for the genuine commentators and user.

dominique

ForumCoin: 76

Postby beriut » 17 Jun 2018, 22:58

There are captchas that even you select the right one it will still redirect you to retry again especially recaptchas from faucets.

beriut

ForumCoin: 525

Postby Chameli » 18 Jun 2018, 11:42

I have never used captcha on my blogs because I do not receive too much spam comments. However, if I begin to receive too many spam comments, I will surely install captcha plugin.

Chameli

ForumCoin: 39

Previous

Return to Webmaster Questions, Discussion & News