ForumCoin Special Offer: Free ForumCoin Exchanges Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
Webmaster forum. Website development, design & management. Graphic design. Blog / Forum Set-up, Management, Admin & News

Re: Why don't you have a website?

Postby mybarya » 26 Sep 2017, 15:58

I scanned through the responses, and common reasons cited are lack of time and too much effort, technical or otherwise, needed in creating and maintaining one. Somebody also mentioned sourcing out content. Maybe if we also ask people what would make them consider having their own website, we might be able to push them over the edge, so to speak. Maybe if they realized that they can make money off it, I'm sure they'll find ways to overcome any obstacle that may stand in their way.

mybarya

ForumCoin: 31

Postby nakitakona » 27 Sep 2017, 04:09

One reason is he doesn't know how to create one. Another is he has nothing to share, promote or sell online. Next is he isn't interested for he seldom open the Internet.

Well in my case I have 6 blog sites. One is paid and the are free. One is a wordpress platform and the rest blogger. I have been blogging for 6 years.

nakitakona

Referrals: 4
ForumCoin: 36

Postby SHOHANA » 27 Sep 2017, 04:16

I hardly can manage my time for my blog so I think this is not the right time to have a website, I have a plan to have my own website later. :)

SHOHANA

Referrals: 6
ForumCoin: 506

Postby raaman » 27 Sep 2017, 14:35

mybarya wrote:I scanned through the responses, and common reasons cited are lack of time and too much effort, technical or otherwise, needed in creating and maintaining one.

Naturally. These things confronts everyone.

raaman

ForumCoin: 650

Postby len » 27 Sep 2017, 15:01

Sam wrote:Question for the day: why don't you have a website? (there could be a lot of reasons - just interested in hearing why for you personally) :)

Yes, one-page Website is still a Website. I use landing pages. :mrgreen:

Last edited by Fergal on 28 Sep 2017, 18:58, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quote tags fixed
len

ForumCoin: 11

Postby chikitta » 27 Sep 2017, 15:38

Creating a website requires a lot of time and dedication something that i really dont have for now and you also need to be knowing a lot of things about IT and the net and I don't think I have that.

chikitta

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 180

Postby swalia » 29 Sep 2017, 10:09

I avoided having a website in the past because of the expenses incurred but now I have two websites. It's far better to write for your own websites than on the writing sites.

swalia

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 308

Postby raaman » 29 Sep 2017, 17:20

swalia wrote:It's far better to write for your own websites than on the writing sites.

Even if you don't earn anything from your site? If I recommend a site will you join it or not?

raaman

ForumCoin: 650

Postby trendjing » 07 Dec 2017, 05:21

I want to have my own website from the money I will get online. I know there are web hosting and domain names that are affordable, but maintaining it still needs a little from you pocket.

trendjing

ForumCoin: 40

Postby AMiRU » 07 Dec 2017, 07:52

trendjing wrote:I want to have my own website from the money I will get online. I know there are web hosting and domain names that are affordable, but maintaining it still needs a little from you pocket.

Maybe you can start with my offer here, the hosting is free for the first 3 months and the next consecutive months, you simply need to donate me 20FC :mrgreen:

AMiRU

ForumCoin: 300

Postby Jybraek » 07 Dec 2017, 12:34

AMiRU wrote:
trendjing wrote:I want to have my own website from the money I will get online. I know there are web hosting and domain names that are affordable, but maintaining it still needs a little from you pocket.

Maybe you can start with my offer here, the hosting is free for the first 3 months and the next consecutive months, you simply need to donate me 20FC :mrgreen:

Your offer does sound good mate but there are plenty of things involved when making your own website. Experience, skills, time and maintenance. A lot of those will cost a lot and time is one thing that never comes back once spent. The most expensive currency of all and if in those three months the website doesnt succeed it will be a hard blow on someone.

Jybraek

ForumCoin: 1,136

Postby AMiRU » 07 Dec 2017, 14:39

Time is indeed very expensive, well in case you decided to start a website in the future and is looking for a place to host, you know where to find me :mrgreen:

AMiRU

ForumCoin: 300

Postby OldGuy » 07 Dec 2017, 18:46

When I had a business, I had a website that had been professionally designed and maintained. It cost hundreds of (USD) dollars a year. I simply could not afford to keep it up when I retired and had no real reason to hold onto it.

Now that I'm older and retired, I do have a couple of free websites that I maintain on my own. Since I used one of the free services, I just keep them as free unregistered subdomains on their site so there is no cost at all. I give the URL addresses to those I want to share them with and don't really need to have them come up in any searches.

Anyone can build a completely free and easy site these days. You don't really need one for profit until you are ready, but you can certainly play around with designs to learn how it is done without getting egg on your face because you goof it up.

Do a search for free websites. Click on one, open a site of your own and dabble with it. Some day a light will pop on and you will suddenly think of something you want to share with the world. With all this practice, you will be ready to roll online in a single day.

OldGuy

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 106

Postby dominique » 08 Dec 2017, 23:44

Perhaps, this thread is not for me because I have a website. I have a blog on mental health niche. I am not generating massive traffic therefore, I am not earning much

dominique

ForumCoin: 98

Postby Yugocean » 09 Dec 2017, 02:54

Our website is still under work, it will come soon.

Yugocean

ForumCoin: 878

PreviousNext

Return to Webmaster Questions, Discussion & News