ForumCoin Special Offer: Free ForumCoin Exchanges Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
Webmaster forum. Website development, design & management. Graphic design. Blog / Forum Set-up, Management, Admin & News

Expanding a niche Forum

Postby shamzblueworld » 14 Nov 2017, 10:55

Hi everyone!
So I have this forum for over a year now: Virtual University Help Forum. Its a forum for Virtual University students to help one another on various university graded or non graded activities.
They mostly come to seek help on assignments and other graded activities of different Subjects of Virtual University.

Its quite active, and I am getting more than 10K visitors per week at the moment.

Now, I would like to expand my forum and target more broad audience. Can anyone suggest how should I do that?
What audience should I target that will match the already setup niche of my forum and also bring new members to the board.
What do you suggest?

shamzblueworld

ForumCoin: 286

Re: Expanding a niche Forum

Postby thisnthat » 14 Nov 2017, 18:35

I imagine you're hoping to monetize the expanded part? I'd go with things that meet the needs of students. I'd probably do some study/dorm/life hacks and sell or promote things that students need. Stuff for their dorm, school supplies, covers for their laptops, phone cases, backpacks, cute t-shirts and other fun stuff for down time too.

thisnthat

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 233

Postby ahmedo24 » 15 Nov 2017, 05:27

You must have data base of all searches made by visitors to your blog, if filter some if the informations that need solutions then you could expand in that direction.

ahmedo24

Referrals: 23
ForumCoin: 745

Postby thisnthat » 16 Nov 2017, 17:22

It's just a study forum right now, but that would probably produce at least some results. Even so, there are numerous things that students need. You might even do a poll to ask forum goers what their biggest needs are.

thisnthat

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 233

Postby Chameli » 17 Nov 2017, 23:59

What do you mean by expanding forum? Do you want to include more niches on your existing forum or want to create a different forum on different niche? Maybe you should focus on a niche that is related to your current niche.

Chameli

ForumCoin: 105

Return to Webmaster Questions, Discussion & News