ForumCoin Special Offer: .info Domain for only 60 ForumCoin Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
Webmaster forum. Website development, design & management. Graphic design. Blog / Forum Set-up, Management, Admin & News

How to block Adblock Users?

Postby skysnap » 10 Jan 2017, 17:01

I am using google adsense on my site. And amazon affiliate links.

95% of my site traffic uses adblock. And I want to stop them from using the site.

My adsense revenue and amazon revenue has gone down. And it has affected my revenue. And this means I have to work on other projects to pay the hosting bills.

Any suggestion on blocking the adblock users? As most of them are not going to pay if I gone the subscription route because most of them want free stuff.

I want to know if there are any ways to block the adblock users. I don't want to stop my site for which I worked hard to create content everyday.

skysnap

ForumCoin: 787

Re: How to block Adblock Users?

Postby CyberFreak » 10 Jan 2017, 17:04

This will help you ---> https://blockadblock.com/

I use it on my faucets and it seems to work well. No method is 100% successful though so keep that in mind.

CyberFreak
Tech Admin

Referrals: 12
ForumCoin: 46,323

Postby skysnap » 10 Jan 2017, 17:43

Thanks CF.

I will check that script. Looks interesting.

skysnap

ForumCoin: 787

Postby germainebull » 11 Jan 2017, 08:31

I feel your frustration skysnap. It is unfair for a user to want to access your website and fail to acknowledge the efforts you've expended to create and host such site. I hope the method suggested by cyberfreak works for you.

germainebull

Referrals: 22
ForumCoin: 401

Postby jacktheking » 11 Jan 2017, 11:40

CyberFreak wrote:This will help you ---> https://blockadblock.com/

I use it on my faucets and it seems to work well. No method is 100% successful though so keep that in mind.

It is working on their site and some other sites (for example ForumCoin.win) which I went to. However when using the same browser on my site after adding their script, my AdBlock is not blocked. I will try it out again when I am free and see what is the problem.

Anyway, the below simple JavaScript snippet should help you.
(It will call a JavaScript file from http://freebitcoinlottery.xyz/, if you don't want to, you can save the external JavaScript file to your host (with the same name) and change the path to the JavaScript file in the code below)

Code: Select all
<script>var adblock = true;</script><script src='http://freebitcoinlottery.xyz/js/adframe.js'></script><script>if(adblock) {alert("Hello there! Kindly disable your AdBlocking software before continue. Thank you.");}</script>

jacktheking

ForumCoin: 105

Postby CyberFreak » Yesterday, 15:08

jacktheking wrote:t is working on their site and some other sites (for example ForumCoin.win) which I went to. However when using the same browser on my site after adding their script, my AdBlock is not blocked. I will try it out again when I am free and see what is the problem.
If you use something that minify JS, it can interfere with it. I had a hard time getting it working because Cloudflare AND mod_pagespeed were messing up the script.

CyberFreak
Tech Admin

Referrals: 12
ForumCoin: 46,323

Return to Webmaster Questions, Discussion & News