*** ForumCoin is Proudly Hosted by Hawk Host ***
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
BMF Banner Ad
You know you want to!

What Do You Do With Your Phone?

Postby Novelangel » 10 Jan 2017, 11:56

Since the invention of the smart phone, the list of apps has grown to phenomenal proportions. It seems like everyone is an app creator these days, which is pretty cool. :thumbup: I personally play very few games on my phone, although I recently did add a truck driving game. Normally, I like to have useful or money making apps on my device, such as a flashlight app or sites that pay you to do little jobs online. I also like to watch Youtube videos on my phone.

What do you like to do on your phone? Is it primarily a communication device for you or do you like to do other stuff with it? My smart phone seems to be more capable of playing games and videos than having conversations as it tends to drop calls and turn the other person's voice into alien growls. :twisted: I do find it to be convenient when I'm away from my computer and I want to look something up fast. So... how do you do your smart phone? Or do you prefer the simpler phones, like flip phones and the like? I've had both kinds and like them both for different reasons. Do you have a favorite app you'd like to recommend for us? :thumbup:

Novelangel

ForumCoin: 66

Banner Ad

Re: What Do You Do With Your Phone?

Postby theMARKER » 11 Jan 2017, 06:40

I have a phone but i don't use it. I'm always with my laptop and it's all i need right now. I have this app that i can only access using a smartphone so that's the only time i switch mine on.

theMARKER

ForumCoin: 55

Postby chikitta » 11 Jan 2017, 07:51

I of course communicate with friends and family, i get to do my online work most of the times because i cannot carry my laptop everywhere i go. it is very convenient. i also watch movies download music and also play games on it. it is my mobile entertainment gadget.

chikitta

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 354

Postby Novelangel » 11 Jan 2017, 12:50

Very interesting. It amazes me how dependent I have become on my mobile phone over the years. I used to do just fine without one. Truthfully, I don't even really need it for texting or talking when I'm home, since I can do all of that on my desktop or laptop. I think I just like the portability of having something I can carry around with me easily. Works great, until I forget the thing at home. :lol:

Novelangel

Postby Angie10 » 11 Jan 2017, 15:12

I don't take advantage of most of the happy clappy features on my phone. I just text, make and receive calls, whatsapp, take photos and watch videos. The iPhone's really wasted on me, and it's just as well I inherited my husband's when he wanted to upgrade. I'm really not fussed, anyway.

Angie10

Referrals: 4
ForumCoin: 4,440

Postby Novelangel » 11 Jan 2017, 16:23

I hear you, Angie 10. I use the cheapest smart phone I could find, with the cheapest plan. It was a rebuilt phone to begin with, and the talk quality leaves a lot to the imagination. :lol:

Novelangel

Postby grecy0905 » 11 Jan 2017, 16:36

I have an android phone. I use it for texting, searching the internet, calling, organizing, calculator, a torch sometimes, playing music and earning money. It is a cheap phone but I maximize its use.

grecy0905

Referrals: 11
ForumCoin: 526

Postby sprite1950 » 12 Jan 2017, 00:46

I make calls, text, check facebook, browse the internet and even buy goods. I often check my online sites too even if I can't post on them from my phone.

sprite1950

Referrals: 10
ForumCoin: 0

Postby MeowsePad » 12 Jan 2017, 02:35

I text my mom.

Haha. I text friends and family, keep up with Facebook, do the occasional Google search, and make the occasional call. I don't do a ton of internet surfing or gaming on my phone.

MeowsePad

ForumCoin: 40

Postby TeacherAngel » 12 Jan 2017, 04:25

Nowadays, I read e-books on my phone. I've been ignoring my games for almost a week now. :D

Please support a YouTube newbie! Watch, like, share, and subscribe. It contains instructional materials that you can use in teaching at school, at home, or online. Thanks!
---> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCliHb2hYy-tHav7TRVpQu4Q
TeacherAngel

Referrals: 9
ForumCoin: 358

Postby ceci » 12 Jan 2017, 09:09

less on phone call nowadays, more on internet surfing and apps.

ceci

Referrals: 5
ForumCoin: 26

Postby darrensurrey » 12 Jan 2017, 09:31

Mainly as a diary. I don't know how anyone can forget an appointment if they have a smartphone; there simply is no excuse.

I do keep certain Word and Excel docs on it as well.

Oh, and I play games regularly.

darrensurrey

ForumCoin: 88

Postby Novelangel » 12 Jan 2017, 11:44

I forgot to mention that I use my phone at times to post in here as well. It takes more time to type letters with one finger on that little keyboard, but I think it helps me to create more thoughtful posts, since I am forced to take my time with them. I have never really used my phone as a diary, probably because I have yet to download a writing app that I actually like. One of these days I will find one that works for me. I really need it too, since I often wish I could post notes to myself on my phone. I don't have any e-books on my phone, but I think they might be a bit exasperating to read with that little screen. I think it's only around five inches or so, which means everything has to be enlarged and a lot of scrolling around has to be done.

Novelangel

Postby suny » 12 Jan 2017, 14:21

I have two smartphones but my activities are limited to voice calls and browsing only. I am too lazy to use them for SMS unless must and writing on internet through mobile is not my idea. I prefer working on my laptop and on smaller laptop for online work while away from home.

suny

Referrals: 66
ForumCoin: 504

Postby peachpurple » 12 Jan 2017, 15:44

I have a Lenovo cellphone.
I used the camera for my recipe photos, I use Evernote to write down my articles while I am outside, I used it for my alarm clock, my reminder, my organizer, my to do list and my MP3 player plus my Korean drama videos!

peachpurple

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 331

Next

Your Ad Here.

Return to General Chat - Off Topic