*** ForumCoin is Proudly Hosted by Hawk Host ***
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
BMF Banner Ad
Talk hardware, software, computer gaming, mobile devices, the Internet, social networking and other technology

Tips To Help You Spot Scammer On Social Media

Postby Collinberg » 08 Jan 2017, 12:24

In this day and age of internet,there are many pros and cons of the internet especially social media,the pros is that you can have a medium of potentially reaching millions of people in a short time,for websites like Facebook,you can also use it as a back-up for pictures and videos because every file you upload would stay there forever unless you delete it yourself.

But lately,devious minds has started using the social media to conduct their illegal activities,cases of people being scammed through social media has spiked within the last few years,so many people has list valuable assets and money because of scammer that ply their trade using social media platforms.

I have been a target of such scans severally but because I already knew these tips which an about to share,I was able to ignore their messages knowing that it's just a scam.these are the tips for spotting scams below...

Ignore Messages Telling You To Come And Redeem A Price For A Promo You Didn't Apply For
This might seem very obvious but people still fall for this all the time,they would give themselves numerous excuses because of the huge cash reward attached to such messages even though they know fully well that they never applied for any promotional offer.

Ignore Stranger Asking You To Contact Them Through Email
The people that usually falls for this kind of scans are usually males because the accounts used for this kind of scam are usually female accounts with beautiful profile picture. When a stranger sends you a private message and drops their email address asking you to contact them for whatever reason,check their profile,you would discover that it is a new Facebook account and the account has little or no personal details.That's a sure sign that it's a scammer trying to reel you in with a tantalising offer.And most importantly,check their friends' list(if they have any)to confirm if they have any family member in their friends list,if it's a scam account,there would be no family members there

Always be cautious about the personal details u tell to strangers,If you have any other tips I might have skipped,you can add them below to help educate other people,the ones listed above are my personal tips that I use to identify scammers in social media.
STAY SAFE

Collinberg

Referrals: 6
ForumCoin: 53

Banner Ad

Re: Tips To Help You Spot Scammer On Social Media

Postby TeacherAngel » 09 Jan 2017, 10:56

It happens a lot here in the Philippines, also through text messages too. Thank you for the reminder! :)

Please support a YouTube newbie! Watch, like, share, and subscribe. It contains instructional materials that you can use in teaching at school, at home, or online. Thanks!
---> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCliHb2hYy-tHav7TRVpQu4Q
TeacherAngel

Referrals: 9
ForumCoin: 358

Postby Fergal » 09 Jan 2017, 17:48

Moving topic to more appropriate forum section!

Best Year Ever :D

Fergal
Site Admin

ForumCoin: 11,998

Postby chikitta » 09 Jan 2017, 19:03

I always come across so many of this emails. Every time I open my mail box I will find all kinds of offers and rewards that i did not apply for at any time. I always just ignore those mails and delete them. It's easy to note this people as spammers.

chikitta

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 354

Postby germainebull » 10 Jan 2017, 08:08

I've received many messages on Facebook about 'beautiful' girls who 'have fallen in love with me' by just looking at my username. Of course, I've ignored these messages and reported a few.
Thanks for reminding us of this golden rule of using social media.

germainebull

Referrals: 35
ForumCoin: 102

Postby agape » 10 Jan 2017, 16:01

germainebull wrote:I've received many messages on Facebook about 'beautiful' girls who 'have fallen in love with me' by just looking at my username. Of course, I've ignored these messages and reported a few.

lol. I always laugh whenever I receive such funny messages. This spammers must think men are desperate.

agape

ForumCoin: -2

Postby germainebull » 11 Jan 2017, 08:28

agape wrote:lol. I always laugh whenever I receive such funny messages. This spammers must think men are desperate.

You bet the scammers assume that male users of social media are gullible enough to fall for stunning images of girls!

germainebull

Postby Collinberg » 11 Jan 2017, 09:44

agape wrote:
germainebull wrote:I've received many messages on Facebook about 'beautiful' girls who 'have fallen in love with me' by just looking at my username. Of course, I've ignored these messages and reported a few.

lol. I always laugh whenever I receive such funny messages. This spammers must think men are desperate.

U would be surprised at the number of men that actually fall victim of that crap.

Collinberg

Referrals: 6
ForumCoin: 53

Postby Ridbreezy » 11 Jan 2017, 16:03

Nice writeup keep it up bro

Ridbreezy

ForumCoin: 9

Postby germainebull » 13 Jan 2017, 08:12

Another tip; make sure you share only the personal details that you are completely comfortable sharing with strangers. You may want to review your privacy settings and do the necessary.

germainebull

Postby agape » 14 Jan 2017, 16:29

A crop of scam mongers will contact you and claim that they want to cash out a large amount of money. They will then ask you to provide your bank account details to facilitate this cash out. we

agape

ForumCoin: -2

Postby Angie10 » 14 Jan 2017, 16:32

I totally agree with both points you've made. I absolutely hate unsolicited emails, so both of the above go straight into my spam folder. If they return, I trash them without ever opening them until they give up and stop. Sadly, there are desperate people out there who fall for this sort of thing all the time and then get scammed.

Angie10

Referrals: 4
ForumCoin: 4,440

Postby germainebull » 17 Jan 2017, 05:42

A new crop of spammers will try to chat with you on social media. I've severally had to log off to avoid these pestering 'girls'.

germainebull

Postby ceci » 17 Jan 2017, 08:49

And, don't click on those weird video links, from my experience.

ceci

Referrals: 5
ForumCoin: 26

Postby nakitakona » 17 Jan 2017, 09:45

I may add some obvious activities which a particular site may use that in the span of time everyone would be scammed such requiring a registration fee with an instant return of investment, requiring an information about credit card info, investing for real estate business or for mining industry, using a known business entity like Microsoft lottery and the like. If anyone falls into those operations, he would surely be sorry for he would be victimized.

nakitakona

Referrals: 5
ForumCoin: 236

Next

Your Ad Here.

Return to CGT - Computers, Gaming & Technology