*** ForumCoin is Proudly Hosted by Hawk Host ***
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
BMF Banner Ad
Discuss, post questions and suggestions related to this site, here.

Re: article writing

Postby grecy0905 » 28 Nov 2016, 13:45

Article and Tutorial thread had helped me a lot and this is a great addition to my earnings at Humanatic. If I take advantage of this one I will able to earn $5 for 5 days. However, I never thought it will be hard on me and as this one needs research and grammar rules also. We also need to check if our propose article is a unique one.

grecy0905

Referrals: 11
ForumCoin: 526

Banner Ad

Postby thisnthat » 07 Dec 2016, 23:07

Just be sure to check the rules in that section for updates. It has been updated a couple times since it first launched. You need views as well as replies to be rewarded the extra hundred points, so keep that in mind.

I think it's a good addition to this site. There have been some interesting articles.

thisnthat

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 383

Postby germainebull » 20 Dec 2016, 13:35

grecy0905 wrote:If I take advantage of this one I will able to earn $5 for 5 days.

Interesting comment. I'd never done the necessary arithmetic to determine how much I can earn through writing articles.

I guess your arithmetic is based on the assumption that I am writing 2 articles per day?

I think this is a feasible goal.

germainebull

Referrals: 35
ForumCoin: 102

Postby CyberFreak » 20 Dec 2016, 13:55

FYI There is now a limit of 1 article per day ----> viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14662

🙏Stay safe, look after one another and be positive!🙏

After the 31st of January, I will no longer offer Crypto exchanges ---> Read more Information!
CyberFreak
Tech Admin

Referrals: 26
ForumCoin: 45,470

Postby JusApee » 20 Dec 2016, 14:50

CyberFreak wrote:FYI There is now a limit of 1 article per day ----> viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14662

Why did you take the limit down to 1 instead of adding some moderators for that section?
I think you could find around us a couple of article writers who would take that upon themselves and moderate it for free. I know I would, if I could still write multiple articles. I have enough free time to read others' articles and delete the bad ones or the ones made solely for the 50 points.
I would really suggest finding 1 or 2 moderators for the article section and raise the bar back to 2 or 3 per day.

JusApee

ForumCoin: 341

Postby Fergal » 21 Dec 2016, 08:05

JusApee wrote:I would really suggest finding 1 or 2 moderators for the article section and raise the bar back to 2 or 3 per day.

Thanks for the suggestion JusApee, we will consider that and may do something along those lines in the future.

Best Year Ever :D

Fergal
Site Admin

ForumCoin: 11,998

Postby sprite1950 » 21 Dec 2016, 08:17

JusApee wrote:
CyberFreak wrote:FYI There is now a limit of 1 article per day ----> viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14662

Why did you take the limit down to 1 instead of adding some moderators for that section?
I think you could find around us a couple of article writers who would take that upon themselves and moderate it for free. I know I would, if I could still write multiple articles. I have enough free time to read others' articles and delete the bad ones or the ones made solely for the 50 points.
I would really suggest finding 1 or 2 moderators for the article section and raise the bar back to 2 or 3 per day.

I don't think it's all about moderation (although some articles do need a little more work on them before they are submitted.) Forum coin has to regulate the number of coins it gives out or the site will just end up in the online graveyard like so many sites before. The article section is relatively new to the site so there are bound to be adjustments until the balance is right. That was my feeling on the subject although I could be wrong.

sprite1950

Referrals: 10
ForumCoin: 0

Postby JusApee » 21 Dec 2016, 17:25

sprite1950 wrote:
JusApee wrote:

I don't think it's all about moderation (although some articles do need a little more work on them before they are submitted.) Forum coin has to regulate the number of coins it gives out or the site will just end up in the online graveyard like so many sites before. The article section is relatively new to the site so there are bound to be adjustments until the balance is right. That was my feeling on the subject although I could be wrong.

Exactly that's why there should be a harsh moderation and the article section should be split: News and Guides. Each of these have different writing formats and should be evaluated by fellow writers (moderators). What I mean is, some people write guides and tutorials, others write articles and news. Those can't stay in the same place and need to be separated. And I contradict you: moderation is actually the solution. A good article and/or guide needs reading and editting (I prewrite my articles in notepad before posting them). I don't want to be mean, but take a look at this compared to this. You can CLEARLY see that the 2nd one is at least read before posted. The first one is a mere copy/paste and I think we can agree on this, right? That guy got 50 points for merely 1 minute of copying something from google and pasting it here. Look at my programming course (just scroll it down and compare what you see with what you've seen above). I've written every single letter of that and it took around 1 hour (doesn't really take much if you know what you're talking about).
So, tell me, would the economy crush if such articles like the first one would disappear? I doubt. The problem lies within moderation. The admins are too little to keep track of tens of thousands of posts.

JusApee

Postby sprite1950 » 21 Dec 2016, 17:38

@JusApee - yes I see your point but in the end it's down to the site owner to decide if any changes are to be made. I'm sure Fergal and Cyberfreak will make the necessary adjustments. This site has been running since 2013 and outlived quite a few others. Even in the time I have been here there have been quite a few changes, some welcome and some not, but all in the best interest of ForumCoin and necessary to keep it alive. I'm sure your comments will be taken on board.

Last edited by sprite1950 on 21 Dec 2016, 17:39, edited 1 time in total.
sprite1950

Referrals: 10
ForumCoin: 0

Postby cenkfarid » 21 Dec 2016, 17:39

keep the spirit to motivate all people to their passion for writing articles here, I was just a newcomer who expects directing everyone who has lived here,tank's for everyone...

cenkfarid

ForumCoin: 4

Postby JusApee » 21 Dec 2016, 18:37

sprite1950 wrote:@JusApee - yes I see your point but in the end it's down to the site owner to decide if any changes are to be made. I'm sure Fergal and Cyberfreak will make the necessary adjustments. This site has been running since 2013 and outlived quite a few others. Even in the time I have been here there have been quite a few changes, some welcome and some not, but all in the best interest of ForumCoin and necessary to keep it alive. I'm sure your comments will be taken on board.

I hadn't said anything about Fergal and Cyberfreak and obviously it's their decision, but I only suggested that.

JusApee

Postby Fergal » 21 Dec 2016, 18:52

JusApee wrote:I only suggested that

Thansk again for your suggestions and feedback JusApee, we do appreciate them and take them on board. I actually agree that improvement is needed in how we run the article section. It's a new section and it will take a little time to get it right. You and other members can help by reporting articles that you feel are not of good quality. It would be especially helpful if you could please report any articles that have been copied from elsewhere, including a link to the source.

Last edited by Fergal on 29 Dec 2016, 11:24, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Link fixed
Best Year Ever :D

Fergal
Site Admin

ForumCoin: 11,998

Postby TeacherAngel » 29 Dec 2016, 08:19

Hi! I just submitted my first article. I hope that it gets approved and that I get comments too. :)

Please support a YouTube newbie! Watch, like, share, and subscribe. It contains instructional materials that you can use in teaching at school, at home, or online. Thanks!
---> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCliHb2hYy-tHav7TRVpQu4Q
TeacherAngel

Referrals: 9
ForumCoin: 358

Postby ceci » 03 Jan 2017, 04:01

50 FC for sure, but I found that no many comments for each articles,so 100 FC is a bit hard, maybe.

ceci

Referrals: 5
ForumCoin: 26

Postby ivyparkgirl » 05 Jan 2017, 22:26

Fergal you need to add more topics to article and tutorial section.The number of topics is way to limited.

ivyparkgirl

Referrals: 3
ForumCoin: 958

PreviousNext

Your Ad Here.

Return to ForumCoin Related Discussions