*** ForumCoin is Proudly Hosted by Hawk Host ***
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
BMF Banner Ad
Fun Fun Fun

Pop What are you having for dinner tonight?

Postby spiderdust » 25 Aug 2016, 23:19

One thing I miss from another site I used to use was the daily dinner thread, where people would post what they were having for dinner that night. It was fun seeing what everyone else was eating, and often gave me ideas for future menu planning.

We're having oven fried pork schnitzel with yellow rice and green beans. How about you?

spiderdust

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 270

Banner Ad

Re: What are you having for dinner tonight?

Postby cessy_08 » 26 Aug 2016, 13:15

I think we are having some leftovers tonight :) We have some grilled pork belly leftover and will eat it with steaming white rice. Yum! :thumbup:

Visit my personal travel and food blog! Grab a ticket for a bite around the globe with me!
Drop by LiteracyBase to read articles coming from various authors from around the world.
Expats for expats! Visit ExpatPost!
Hotel and flight bookings made easy with Kaligo.
Get 10% off buying from BornPrettyStore! Use SHASX31 code upon checkout!
cessy_08

ForumCoin: 1,129

Postby spiderdust » 26 Aug 2016, 22:16

Today I'm tearing through my freezer in frustration, wondering why it's so full while containing so little food.

I think we're having a "crazy dinner" tonight, as I have lots of partial bags of thing like pizza bites, taquitos, egg rolls, etc. None of them have enough in the package for dinner on their own, but if I cook them all, there's enough things to give people something to eat. I also have a lot of partial bags of frozen fruit and a few packages of yogurt. Maybe I'll make smoothies too.

Anyone else do things like this for dinner?

spiderdust

Postby IcyFirefly » 27 Aug 2016, 10:15

I already had dinner plan for today from yesterday! Everyday is about food and what to eat, I don't particularly like it, but it is a must in our daily life. So tonight we will have BBQ chicken, with corns on the cob, and stir fry green beans.

My youngest is in a soccer tournament this morning, so we will be busy, but at least we don't have to worry about dinner ")

IcyFirefly

ForumCoin: 52

Postby Angie10 » 27 Aug 2016, 10:18

Seeing as it's only mid day here, I've not thought that far ahead. I'll be nipping out to do my weekly shopping in a minute, so I'll probably have a clearer picture once I've done the shopping.

Angie10

Referrals: 4
ForumCoin: 4,440

Postby morgoodie » 28 Aug 2016, 01:29

Tonight I made pork loin chops cooked with potatoes, onions, and cream of celery soup. It was yummy and the kids loved it. I hate having to come up with ideas for dinner all the time and now realize why my mom would always ask us what we wanted for dinner and would get frustrated when we answered "I don't know." Lol

morgoodie

ForumCoin: 0

Postby cessy_08 » 01 Sep 2016, 07:26

spiderdust wrote:Today I'm tearing through my freezer in frustration, wondering why it's so full while containing so little food.

I think we're having a "crazy dinner" tonight, as I have lots of partial bags of thing like pizza bites, taquitos, egg rolls, etc. None of them have enough in the package for dinner on their own, but if I cook them all, there's enough things to give people something to eat. I also have a lot of partial bags of frozen fruit and a few packages of yogurt. Maybe I'll make smoothies too.

Anyone else do things like this for dinner?

Probably not as crazy as this one but we had dinners where you use potato crisps as "side dish" for something (ie beef salad, pasta) if there's not enough servings for two. What I usually do is to use a "substitute" ingredient depends on what I have inside the fridge. Say, if the original ingredient calls for a different veg but I only have cabbage (they are always SOOOOO BIIIIG), I will use that instead of buying the veg for the dish. :lol:

Visit my personal travel and food blog! Grab a ticket for a bite around the globe with me!
Drop by LiteracyBase to read articles coming from various authors from around the world.
cessy_08

Postby sprite1950 » 01 Sep 2016, 07:29

My son is coming tonight and as he doesn't eat that well at home I try to make something that will fill him up. We are having curry and rice as that is one of his favourites. :D

sprite1950

Referrals: 10

Postby oldbuddy » 01 Sep 2016, 13:54

Tonight is our last night in London before returning home in the morning, so we are going out for dinner. Not sure where or what we will eat, but it will be fun. The couple we were staying with left for Spain this morning, so it will just be us.

NEW tool to bring eyeballs to your offer and earn referral commission.
(You Can Join Free and Learn As You Earn With My Help)
I turned off the emails they send to view ads on the website to earn free ad credits.
oldbuddy

Referrals: 37
ForumCoin: 2,391

Postby Mark2016 » 01 Sep 2016, 15:26

I usually have soup with sandwiches which is the standard. I have tons of bread, peanut butter and jelly. It is cheap and does the job. I can eat around 4 sandwiches a day. A glass of milk can make things worthwhile, but water it will be as usual. The soup can range from garden vegetable to creamy noodles.

Mark2016

ForumCoin: 148

Postby chikitta » 01 Sep 2016, 16:13

Today I feel like having a simple meal where I don't have to put in so much effort and time in the kitchen so I will do rice meat and vegetables

chikitta

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 354

Postby Angie10 » 01 Sep 2016, 18:30

I just had some Thai takeout for dinner, something spicy noodle thingy dish, the name of which I can't spell or pronounce. But what does it matter right, as long as it was delicious, and wow, it was :)

Angie10

Referrals: 4
ForumCoin: 4,440

Postby spiderdust » 01 Sep 2016, 20:08

I think tonight will be a leftovers night... I have a good bit of chicken corn chowder left over from another night, plus some pork loin and broccoli and a lone baked potato. I also have a lot of fresh fruit to help round things out (pears, apples, and oranges).

spiderdust

Postby sprite1950 » 02 Sep 2016, 09:07

My granddaughter is going to her other nanny later so it will just be me. I often snack when she isn't here although I might just do a poached egg on toast. :D

sprite1950

Referrals: 10

Postby cessy_08 » 02 Sep 2016, 13:53

oldbuddy wrote:Tonight is our last night in London before returning home in the morning, so we are going out for dinner. Not sure where or what we will eat, but it will be fun. The couple we were staying with left for Spain this morning, so it will just be us.

Oh I missed London after reading this! I often go to Covent Garden and walk around the seven dials to look for interesting place to eat. There was a nice French restaurant a couple of years ago that I was there. I hope it's still open :)

Another favorite place for us when we are in London would have to be Tonkotsu (a ramen bar) and Belgo (a Belgian place great for beers and mussels)! :thumbup:

cessy_08

Next

Your Ad Here.

Return to Forum Games