ForumCoin Special Offer: .info Domain for only 60 ForumCoin Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
Get paid up to 150 ForumCoin to submit your article.

Cultivating Healthy Eating Habits

Postby Collinberg » 07 Jan 2017, 13:29

Because of convenience and less stress involved in eating junk food(it wouldn't cost you anything to grab a soda from the refrigerator or to grab a pack of salted chips),most people tend to eat more junk food these days,some have gotten so addicted to it that they simply can't remember the last time they used an oven or gas cooker.Eating junk food is not only convenient,but it's also time saving.Junk food have now become so popular that you would find it more easily that healthy food and it also doesn't help the cause when it is pocket friendly.

But the adverse effects of Junk food are plenty,it could lead to many health issues ranging from serious illnesses like eating disorders to mild effects like Obesity.however with conscious effort,a lot of determination and some changes in your eating habits,even if you are a die hard junk food fan,you would be able to change and start eating healthy.. When you implement these tips below,you would be able to curb the habit to an extent,it's not a fool-proof method but with a lot of determination,everything is possible..

Clear Your Refrigerator
I know this might sound obvious but you would be surprised that most people don't do it,I know a guy that has been trying to stop smoking cigarettes for years but he always has a pack of cigarette in his pocket,do you think he would be able to curb the habit when it is easily within reach? The Answer is a resounding NO. If you want to stop eating junk food,start little with things you can control.. Clear you refrigerator of every junk food within so that when u get the urge to eat it,you would need to really work for it by going outside to purchase it. And after clearing your refrigerator,Stock It Up With Healthy Food

Cook In Large Quantities
Most of us has a busy schedule and it always seems like we're in a time crunch,that's a perfect excuse to drop into the nearest fast food and gorge yourself on junk food. But that excuse isn't effective anymore in this day and age,if it were in the days of our forefathers,it would have been a perfect excuse because the little but awesome gadget called REFREGERATOR had not been invented.
Whenever you have the chance to cook,cook it in very large quantities and cook different meals and refrigerate it so that whenever you are in a hurry and can't cook,you would just pop one of the meals you saved in a refrigerator.

Always Stock Up On Fuits
Like we all know,fruits are nature's natural candy,they come in different Drool inducing shapes and sized and every fruit has it's own unique taste so you can never get tired of them. Some of has has sweet tooth and it always demands to be satisfied so fruits are very good replacements for candies.fruits like oranges can also be squeezed and the nectar extracted,so instead of drinking soda,you can change ur drink to natural fruits,the possibilities are endless and healthy! Fruits are packed with essential nutrients that are not only good for out general health,they also boost our immune systems and the taste like heaven.

Goodluck!

Collinberg

Referrals: 6
ForumCoin: 355

Re: Cultivating Healthy Eating Habits

Postby TeacherAngel » 09 Jan 2017, 11:18

We moved to our new home a year ago but we still don't have a fridge. These are useful tips, though and it's fortunate that my husband loves planting and we have constant supply of fruits and veggies. Thanks for sharing these tips! :)

TeacherAngel

ForumCoin: 671

Postby Novelangel » 09 Jan 2017, 11:40

I like the idea of clearing all the junk from the refrigerator, but re-stocking it with only healthy stuff isn't always as easy as it sounds in the article. If you have unlimited income, fabulous, but if you're a little more limited in income you can't always afford fresh fruits and vegetables. These items are often the most expensive in the store, and junk food is typically less expensive. So, you end up buying what you can afford. One useful tip would be to try to find discounted fruits and veggies, if your stores offer them. These would be items that haven't sold in a timely fashion, yet are still edible. My store offers such goods, although the choices can be a bit limited.

Novelangel

ForumCoin: 66

Postby germainebull » 09 Jan 2017, 13:03

I've noted that whenever I cook food in large quantities, I save money that would have gone into purchasing fuel. So, apart from eating healthy, I ensure that my pocket is healthy as well.

germainebull

Referrals: 24
ForumCoin: 417

Postby WorkAtHomeGal » 09 Jan 2017, 13:45

Junk food is a bad habit of mine. Which really makes no sense because I love vegetables and fruit. Part of it is laziness which is embarrassing to admit but I may as well be honest about it. I also have a sweet tooth which doesn't help. I have a hard time though with wanting to buy produce or fruits from the stores here. Both stores actually don't seem to take care of those areas of the store well... Walking by and getting a whiff of mold is not going to make me want to buy those apples. Prices are another factor. This is why I get excited for my dads garden everywhere because some of the stuff he grows is organic. Obviously not all of it because it is outside and potato bugs and other bugs sometimes are a problem. I just sometimes read about all the crap being sprayed on things being shipped far and it makes me not interested in eating it.

I guess I buy healthy food more in moderation because certain foods seem to end up being waste which is a habit I need to fix... Or it doesn't get ate quick enough. These are great tips though.

WorkAtHomeGal

Referrals: 15
ForumCoin: 190

Postby Angie10 » 09 Jan 2017, 16:24

I guess different things work for different people. Towards the end of 2016, I decided I needed to up my game as far as eating healthy goes. I then stumbled across this Banting diet that's causing a buzz around the world. I say diet, but really it's a lifestyle change.

Ever since I started it, I feel so much better and my skin is so much better! I have cut right back on carbs and cut out sugar completely. Honestly, anyone who's interested in shaping up and not starving to achieve their goal, Banting WORKS! No more muffin top for me, and that's in like 2 months LOL

Angie10

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 2,072

Postby chikitta » 09 Jan 2017, 17:17

Your article is very interesting. The truth be told many people are turning away from healthy eating to junk food. No one wants to take the time to prepare meals and eat healthy. But am a bit concerned about cooking in large quantities and refrigerating it. Don't you think storing good in the refrigerator for long makes the good lose its nutrients? I would rather cook everyday than refrigerate my food for days to use later.

chikitta

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 457

Postby ivyparkgirl » 10 Jan 2017, 18:08

I eat tv dinners because I don't know how to cook.

ivyparkgirl

ForumCoin: 919

Postby Collinberg » 10 Jan 2017, 20:24

Novelangel wrote:I like the idea of clearing all the junk from the refrigerator, but re-stocking it with only healthy stuff isn't always as easy as it sounds in the article. If you have unlimited income, fabulous, but if you're a little more limited in income you can't always afford fresh fruits and vegetables. These items are often the most expensive in the store, and junk food is typically less expensive. So, you end up buying what you can afford. One useful tip would be to try to find discounted fruits and veggies, if your stores offer them. These would be items that haven't sold in a timely fashion, yet are still edible. My store offers such goods, although the choices can be a bit limited.

In my country,it would be easy to accomplish because fruits and vegetables are not too expensive

-- 10 Jan 2017, 21:26 --

germainebull wrote:I've noted that whenever I cook food in large quantities, I save money that would have gone into purchasing fuel. So, apart from eating healthy, I ensure that my pocket is healthy as well.

Yea,it's also economical,the benefits of cooking in large quantities are huge.

-- 10 Jan 2017, 21:31 --

chikitta wrote:Your article is very interesting. The truth be told many people are turning away from healthy eating to junk food. No one wants to take the time to prepare meals and eat healthy. But am a bit concerned about cooking in large quantities and refrigerating it. Don't you think storing good in the refrigerator for long makes the good lose its nutrients? I would rather cook everyday than refrigerate my food for days to use later.

There are times u could get so swamped with work that you wouldn't be able to cook and even though it's true that after a while,refrigerated food lose most of it's nutrients,it is still better than junk food because some of them actually harms your body.

-- 10 Jan 2017, 21:32 --

ivyparkgirl wrote:I eat tv dinners because I don't know how to cook.

Learning how to cook is not a natural born skill,it is learnt and the learning process could be fun! Try learning and you wold definitely find it rewarding and fun.

Collinberg

Referrals: 6
ForumCoin: 355

Return to Articles & Tutorials *NEW