*** ForumCoin is Proudly Hosted by Hawk Host ***
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
BMF Banner Ad
Ask Me Anything and Interviews. Start your AMA here.

Ask Cyberfreak

Postby CyberFreak » 29 Sep 2016, 00:52

Ask me anything you want :) I will try to answer them all unless they are too personal :(

🙏Stay safe, look after one another and be positive!🙏

After the 31st of January, I will no longer offer Crypto exchanges ---> Read more Information!
CyberFreak
Tech Admin

Referrals: 26
ForumCoin: 45,470

Re: Ask Cyberfreak

Postby Scouten » 29 Sep 2016, 04:22

What do you do for a living? Or is it just managing forums and websites?

Scouten

Referrals: 15
ForumCoin: 154

Postby suny » 29 Sep 2016, 04:49

CF- what do you do of all these FC in your account if you do not redeem them ? Please don't answer if you feel it is a personal question :)

suny

Referrals: 66
ForumCoin: 504

Postby sprite1950 » 29 Sep 2016, 06:07

Cyberfreak I find you quite mysterious for some reason. :)

What part of the UK do you come from? No need to specify which town, just the area. I live in south west england .. which part of the country do you come from?

sprite1950

Referrals: 10
ForumCoin: 0

Postby Decentlady » 29 Sep 2016, 06:08

I was curious to know tis: how do you usually celebrate your birthday?

Decentlady

Referrals: 18
ForumCoin: 274

Postby Lexi » 29 Sep 2016, 06:32

Could you survive without wi-fi or a mobile phone for a week?

Lexi

Referrals: 4
ForumCoin: 534

Postby CyberFreak » 29 Sep 2016, 07:19

Scouten wrote:What do you do for a living? Or is it just managing forums and websites?
I am the Queen's personal assistant :lol: I actually have a boring job. I work in a supermarket at night filling up shelves and helping with merchandising seasonal stock based on the time of the year such as gardening, Christmas, mothers/Father's Day, back to school aswell as other events the company has like cleaning and entertainment events. It is a job and the money is pretty good.

suny wrote:CF- what do you do of all these FC in your account if you do not redeem them ? Please don't answer if you feel it is a personal question :)
I occasionally withdraw some (usually around Christmas to buy some presents for people) but to be honest I do not do this for the money so I just keep most of it incase I ever need it for some reason.

sprite1950 wrote:Cyberfreak I find you quite mysterious for some reason. :)

What part of the UK do you come from? No need to specify which town, just the area. I live in south west england .. which part of the country do you come from?
Haha, I do kinda keep myself to myself usually which is a reason why I have been a bit slow to start one of these topics. I live in a town in Suffolk. Quite a nice place really. Pretty decent weather, not a busy area and countryside not too far away from my house.
Decentlady wrote:I was curious to know tis: how do you usually celebrate your birthday?

I don't really celebrate it anymore. Usually do go out for a meal with my family but that is it really. Pretty boring I know. I think birthdays lose their novalty after reaching 18

Lexi wrote:Could you survive without wi-fi or a mobile phone for a week?

If I had to I could but it would be hard. No matter where I am I usually atleast check up on a few sites I am part of and i play a lot of games on my phone too so both the Internet and my phone are important parts of me and my life. Part of this is because for the past 9-10 years I have been running forums and websites or helping to run them and my phone is a great way to quickly check everything is ok where as in the old days (9 years ago) I used to always wonder if while I was sitting eating my lunch, if one of my sites were offline or messed up in some way because I haven't checked on it since the night before for example. I am a bit of a worrisome individual when it comes to this sort of thing for some reason. That is why you will probably see me online a lot. I may not really be active but I will just be checking the site is online and working so I don't worry about it.

After the 31st of January, I will no longer offer Crypto exchanges ---> Read more Information!
CyberFreak
Tech Admin

Postby skysnap » 29 Sep 2016, 07:25

I have two questions.

1. What are some your observations and experience with monetizing the blog or forum?

2. Do you work full time or self employed?

skysnap

ForumCoin: 351

Postby IcyFirefly » 29 Sep 2016, 11:59

1) What is your favorite things to do offline?

2) Are you living on your own or with family?

IcyFirefly

ForumCoin: 52

Postby Angie10 » 29 Sep 2016, 12:06

You seem to know a lot of technical stuff and your name, CyberFreak, suggests it's something you're passionate about. How did you acquire you vast technical knowledge and how did your interest come about?

Angie10

ForumCoin: 4,450

Postby makeinst » 29 Sep 2016, 15:46

How much time do you spend each day working online on your website ?
Thank you

makeinst

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 177

Postby grecy0905 » 29 Sep 2016, 16:04

What is the disadvantage of being a moderator?

grecy0905

Referrals: 11
ForumCoin: 526

Postby haripriyavkl » 29 Sep 2016, 17:50

Hai cyberfreak. Tell us advantages and disadvantages of being a tech admin. What is the coolest thing that you love about your job and your most hated thing in your job? :)

haripriyavkl

ForumCoin: 513

Postby CyberFreak » 30 Sep 2016, 00:16

skysnap wrote:I have two questions.

1. What are some your observations and experience with monetizing the blog or forum?

2. Do you work full time or self employed?
1) I have found that it is hard to make any serious money from ads on sites unless you have a high volume of traffic or a very good reputation in your niche such as being one of the biggest sites in your niche for example. Also the number of ads and placements of ads matter but equally they vary between sites. Some users will not stand for a site cramming ads in every gap however if they earn money from your site, they are more likely to accept them knowing that seeing the ads help increase their earnings from your site. Getting ads to fit your site also help encourage users to accept the ads and not leave or block them. Don't cram 4 ads above the content of the page or use weird sizes of ads that don't maximise the space properly. So for example above your content use a wide not not that tall banner such as 468x60... Don't use a 120x700 skyscraper ad at the top otherwise it will push the content so far down the page and there is so much wasted space either side of the ad. I have seen so many sites do that where they pick random size ads and stick them all anywhere at the top of the page and it looks a mess.

2) Officially I work part time in my real life job although I have only done my contracted hours a couple of times in the last 6 months. I am pretty much full time.

IcyFirefly wrote:1) What is your favorite things to do offline?

2) Are you living on your own or with family?
1) Listen to music is something I do a lot of. I occasional play games like GTA V and Football Manager. I also watch random stuff on Netflix and Amazon Prime instant video.

2) I live with my Dad at the moment

Angie10 wrote:You seem to know a lot of technical stuff and your name, CyberFreak, suggests it's something you're passionate about. How did you acquire you vast technical knowledge and how did your interest come about?
Most of my knowledge is self taught. As Fergal will confirm, I do like trying out different things and expanding my knowledge of different areas. I gained an interest in the concept of forums over 10 years ago and from then I went from using them to running them. I started using free hosted forums and then learnt the technical side by basically getting stuck in and breaking things. That has then progressed on to learning about running my own Server and running or assisting with a wide variety of sites. To be honest I need to really just focus on 1 thing rather than try and be good at everything. I just find it hard to stop myself when I think "I really want to learn..." As usually I enjoy it but once i have learned some or a decent amount I usually move onto something else. I have so many half finished projects.

makeinst wrote:How much time do you spend each day working online on your website ?
Thank you
Not as much as I like to. I typically only really work on ForumCoin and my other sites a couple of days a week and the rest of the week just maintain them or do the essential stuff. I would love to be able to spend a full day each week where I can really sit down all day and work on my projects without interruptions.

grecy0905 wrote:What is the disadvantage of being a moderator?
Dealing with rule breakers. It is annoying as so many times users seem to just argue about decisions and it does get annoying. I have been moderating and running forums for 10 years and it gets tiresome when telling a user to not do something results in hours of discussions about it to explain the decision. It does make me think why I bother sometimes :(

-- 30 Sep 2016, 07:15 --

haripriyavkl wrote:Hai cyberfreak. Tell us advantages and disadvantages of being a tech admin. What is the coolest thing that you love about your job and your most hated thing in your job? :)
What I love is adding new things to help users and fixing issues that make the user experience bad. While there is a lot of boring stuff to my job, it is nice to work in things that users actually see. I wouldn't really say there is anything bad as such... Just that I have some many ideas on what to do but so little time to do them. I can imagine the site with all these features and it does look great with alot of earning opportunities and a main focus on quality content but that is not possible for a while. It would be nice if my full time job was to work on this site and I could spend 5 days a week sitting down and working on it. As our income is very low it is not really possible for that to happen or to pay other people to create the features we need on our behalf as a lot of it is unique to our setup and probably there will not be many sites that will use those features apart from us so it is not like we can sell these additions to other sites to make back some of the money.

CyberFreak
Tech Admin

Postby Lexi » 30 Sep 2016, 21:39

What would your ideal job be, and are you working towards it?

Lexi

ForumCoin: 534

Next

Your Ad Here.

Return to AMAs