ForumCoin Special Offer: .info Domain for only 60 ForumCoin Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
Ask Me Anything and Interviews. Start your AMA here.

Re: Ask Fergal?

Postby sprite1950 » 01 Dec 2016, 07:25

Sometimes people will get a temporary ban and other times a permanent ban. What deed will cause a temporary and what will cause a permanent ban?

sprite1950

Referrals: 4
ForumCoin: 425

Postby Fergal » 01 Dec 2016, 07:54

Thanks for your question sprite1950.

sprite1950 wrote:What deed will cause a temporary and what will cause a permanent ban?

If a new member joins the community and immediately begins to post ads all over the site, that person (or perhaps bot) has no intention of participating on the forum and the account will generally receive a permanent ban. If an existing member breaks some of our rules and continues to break those rules even after receiving friendly reminders from forum staff, their account may well receive a temporary ban. Once their account has become active again, if they continue to break our rules with disregard to our warnings, the account may receive a permanent ban.

Bans are a last result and are actually very rare and the vast majority of our members will never receive a ban, either temporary or permanent.

Fergal
Site Admin

ForumCoin: 21,679

Postby Jybraek » 05 Dec 2016, 12:58

Fergal, I wanted to ask you...did you miss me? :P Sorry ahahaha..dang I have been away for a while from here good to be back. How are you guys doing? So Fergal what is your opinion about Cryptocurrencies?

Jybraek

ForumCoin: 738

Postby Fergal » 05 Dec 2016, 19:48

Good to see you back on ForumCoin again Jybraek, it has been some time since I had the pleasure of reading your posts :) I hope all is going well with you?

Jybraek wrote:what is your opinion about Cryptocurrencies?

I do really like the concept and have included some form of digital currencies in my forums for some years now. Hence, my interest in building and growing ForumCoin, which I believe can be really popular and will be used to exchange for a huge variety of goods and services.

Fergal
Site Admin

Postby TeacherAngel » 29 Dec 2016, 12:30

What's the best part of being the site admin?

TeacherAngel

ForumCoin: 859

Postby Fergal » 31 Dec 2016, 08:52

Thanks for your question TeacherAngel. I really enjoy and am proud to be an Admin here at ForumCoin, however, I'm not sure what I would say is the "best part". I enjoy the fact that our community helps people earn money independently by offering products and services in exchange for ForumCoin and that the community has been growing so strongly and consistently.

Fergal
Site Admin

Postby TeacherAngel » 01 Jan 2017, 04:59

Thanks for your response. It is actually one of the things that I like most about forums. Aside from earning money, you also create a small community. I have friends whom I only met through forums and we've been communicating for years now.

Another question, since I like "best part" questions...

What is the best part of living in Ireland?

TeacherAngel

Postby Fergal » 02 Jan 2017, 12:14

TeacherAngel wrote:What is the best part of living in Ireland?

Thanks TeacherAngel, obviously I'm biased but I do feel that Ireland is a great place to live. For me the best part is being close to friends and family. Ireland has a family orientated society and family members do try to be there and support each other. Family values are still strong in Ireland, however, I do feel that we have lost them to some extent in recent years as we have become a bit more materialistic as a society.

Fergal
Site Admin

Postby TeacherAngel » 02 Jan 2017, 12:23

Somewhat similar to families here in the Philippines. Are there many who still live with their families even when they already have their own families?

TeacherAngel

Postby Collinberg » 02 Jan 2017, 13:03

A chance to ask the owner of a great forum a question? That's something I have never encountered before in my months of surfing through websites and forums. So I'll take full advantage of this opportunity while it lasts.
I know an a very difficult customer and I have received more warnings that all the other members combined but I promise that I have cleaned up my act and I have concentrated in making this forum better by posting quality,unique and helpful posts.
I read in ur previous answer that you read every thread posted on this forum (which is overwhelming).. My question is.. How do you manage to stay cool and calm considering the bullshit( forgive my language) that some members posts daily? For example,I have personally committed some offences here that would have made me ban myself if I was the owner of this forum but I merely received a warning for it.

Collinberg

Referrals: 6
ForumCoin: 205

Postby Fergal » 03 Jan 2017, 20:41

Thanks for your question Collinberg. I stay calm and don't get angry because I don't take what members post here personally. I try to work on the site for the best interest of the community and if a post does not meet our guidelines I deal with it in the most appropriate way possible. Not point in getting frustrated or taking it personally.

We do on rare occasions ban member accounts, but again that's just a decision we take in the best interest of the forum.

Fergal
Site Admin

Postby CyberFreak » 09 Jan 2017, 19:53

If you could be young again (not that you are old :P ) and basically start your adult life again, would you do anything differently? Would you get more education or would you have got work in a different sector?

CyberFreak
Tech Admin

Referrals: 13
ForumCoin: 49,503

Postby peachpurple » 10 Jan 2017, 00:23

Have you thought of creating another site different from forumcoin ?

peachpurple

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 386

Postby Fergal » 10 Jan 2017, 18:15

CyberFreak wrote:If you could be young again (not that you are old :P )

How kind of you CyberFreak :)

CyberFreak wrote:...start your adult life again, would you do anything differently? Would you get more education or would you have got work in a different sector?

Thanks for your questions, if I was starting out again I would definitely save more. Even if all I could afford was a very small amount I would get in the habit of saving a minimum amount every month.

I studied marketing and management in college and if I was to go again I would do something much more technical such as Computer Science, Electronics, Physics or perhaps even Maths. Another change I would make is that I would work much harder and try to learn and apply lots of useful information, rather than just being successful in exams.

peachpurple wrote:Have you thought of creating another site different from forumcoin ?

Thanks peachpurple, in the past I was much too scattered and worked on a number of sites at the same time. Now the only site I am working on is ForumCoin and it really is all I have time for between work and other commitments. Perhaps in the future I will create another site, but for the moment my focus will continue on ForumCoin, which I am very passionate about and get great pleasure from seeing the community being successful and growing steadily.

TeacherAngel wrote:Somewhat similar to families here in the Philippines. Are there many who still live with their families even when they already have their own families?

Sorry TeacherAngel. I seemed to have missed your question first time. Traditionally most Irish people would move to their own home when they have their own family. In recent times we have had a recession and that resulted in more people living with their families later in life, as they could not afford to buy or rent a house. However, the economy appears to be going in the right direction again so that will probably change over time. Does that answer your question?

Fergal
Site Admin

Postby liveonline » 10 Jan 2017, 19:40

Fergal I just joined on here a few days ago & just happen to see this post
so my question would be to ask a simple question to help members to get
feed back on their comments they leave on other members post as I'm sure
you know I wrote a post about "How many of you reply back on your comments?"

I seen there were a few members were saying they would like a notification
tab or window or SOMETHING they could get notice of feedback on their replies
they leave on peoples post cause they don't get nothing back to interact with.

Don't get me wrong I love the site but it seems like it would enhance the site
a lot better when people interact back & forth if we got a notification tab to
where the interaction would go a lot better, let me know what you thing on this.

liveonline

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 146

PreviousNext

Return to AMAs & Interviews