ForumCoin Special Offer: .info Domain for only 60 ForumCoin Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
Plug your link, website, blog post, social media profile, YouTube video, etc. Win ForumCoin!

Pop What is Killing 1.2 Million Dogs a Year

Postby Scouten » 27 Sep 2016, 20:15

Every single year over 1.2 Million dogs are killed because they get lose and run into the street, where they are hit by cars. When Kyle Kittleson, a professional animal trainer, heard about this he was very surprised and designed a course to teach you how to ensure you dog stays "Street Safe" and how to ensure you and your dog do not become one of the 1.2 Million statistics this year. If you own a dog, be a good parent and check out the course and try it out. You get the whole course, free and discounted dog food, a free Skype training session with a professional animal trainer, and the secret to animal training, all for $97. For a limited time you can get the course for $77 with code: StreetSafeDog at checkout. Plus, if you get the course, try it with your dog, and don't like it and your dog does not stay out of the street, Kyle will refund your money, no questions asked, he just really really wants all of us to have safe dogs. I bought my course the day it came out and I am happy to say my dog is avoiding the street at all times, unless I tell him to come. I'll edit in a video of him later.

Here is my affiliate link where you can buy the course: https://streetsafedog.com/offer?affiliate_id=508290
Or you can buy it straight from Kyle https://streetsafedog.com/offer

Dog Owners: Let me know you stories about your dogs getting out, and tell if you'd buy the course or not!
Non-Dog Owners: What do you think about this statistic? Would you buy the course if you had a dog?

Scouten

Referrals: 15
ForumCoin: 237

Re: What is Killing 1.2 Million Dogs a Year

Postby sprite1950 » 28 Sep 2016, 06:48

My dogs don't run into the street if the door is open but I have one that is very nervous who would bolt if she was out and something spooked her. I think it's important that we get to know our dogs well so that we are aware of how they will behave in certain situations.

Having said that I was reading a blog about a woman who worked as a dog trainer. She believed her dog to be perfectly trained not to run into the road and allowed him to wander outside while she was preparing her child for school. He never ran into the road .. until one day he did and was instantly killed. She says you can never be 100% sure that any dog, no matter how well trained, won't suddenly forget all his training if he sees something he wants.

sprite1950

Referrals: 3
ForumCoin: 2,232

Postby Scouten » 28 Sep 2016, 11:01

sprite1950 wrote:Having said that I was reading a blog about a woman who worked as a dog trainer. She believed her dog to be perfectly trained not to run into the road and allowed him to wander outside while she was preparing her child for school. He never ran into the road .. until one day he did and was instantly killed. She says you can never be 100% sure that any dog, no matter how well trained, won't suddenly forget all his training if he sees something he wants.

This could be true, but is a lot, I mean a lot less likely with the secret Kyle shares in the course to dog training, that really not many even professional animal trainers know. Kyle has trained everything from dogs to killer whales so he does know quite a bit about training, I would day more than people who just train dogs or cats. While fine you can not be 100% sure, you can be 99.9% sure, which is better then 50% sure sort of "ohh she's a smart girl she would never do that and doesn't need training" kind of thing. Another thing is that, training should be always on going, if you think your dog is fully trained in something and never/barely work with him/her on it then the dog will lose that skill and training it had learned, so that could be another problem with her training. I could talk more about that, but that would practically be giving away Kyle's secret that's in the course.

Scouten

Postby IcyFirefly » 28 Sep 2016, 12:54

We have a leash law in my city, and that is the dog must be on leash when they are out on the street. The majority of people obey the law, but some have confident that their dog will behave no matter what, which rules a disaster once in a while. Either the dog get killed by car and plunged at other dogs or people.

I thought the this number is for dogs that went into shelters and had to be put down because many shelters have no space. This issue is much more of a problem around my neck of the woods. People usually bought puppies during Easter and Christmas to give to their children as gifts and then they ended up at the shelters as unwanted dogs :( Very sad situation!

IcyFirefly

ForumCoin: 12

Postby Angie10 » 28 Sep 2016, 13:05

Those figures are pretty worrisome, although given the rate at which I see dogs and other animals by the roadside, having been plowed down by drivers, I'm not surprised. It really breaks my heart that people just don't seem to care. That guys sounds like he's doing a fab job, and I hope many others follow suit.

We don't have that sort of training over here. If I were to have dogs, I'd never let them out on their own. I'd also keep them on a leash if we were going anywhere near a busy road. They are a bit like kids, and will just dash out into the road without thinking.

Angie10

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 48

Postby Scouten » 28 Sep 2016, 18:07

IcyFirefly wrote:We have a leash law in my city, and that is the dog must be on leash when they are out on the street. The majority of people obey the law, but some have confident that their dog will behave no matter what, which rules a disaster once in a while. Either the dog get killed by car and plunged at other dogs or people.

So most cities do have leash laws, but they are not really strictly enforced unless you are in a public park really, even then no authority will really say anything unless your dog is causing a problem and people are complaining. Those owners that walk their dog unleashed, it's all on the owner and even if they think their dog won't run it could always still happen, and this course is designed to prevent them from going into the street if they do decide to run from their owner because they see another dog across the street or something. But really this is a lot for people who may occasionally open the door, and their dog likes to just run out the door and play chase with their owner, the dog WILL avoid the street at all costs.

IcyFirefly wrote:I thought the this number is for dogs that went into shelters and had to be put down because many shelters have no space. This issue is much more of a problem around my neck of the woods. People usually bought puppies during Easter and Christmas to give to their children as gifts and then they ended up at the shelters as unwanted dogs :( Very sad situation!

Yep it is sad indeed, first problem is anybody can just go buy a puppy. NEVER BUY FROM A RANDOM PET STORE. It is always better to adopt from a rescue or shelter, as they have tons of pets that may be put down if they can't find homes, and adopting allows the rescues to rescue and save even more lives. While buying just helps out the inhumane puppy mills, forcing dogs to breed in terrible conditions so they can make thousands off of selling a puppy to you, while you can adopt a puppy for $200 from shelters or a rescue, and ALREADY have all it's shots and medical needs taken care of, while when you buy a puppy nothing is taken care of and you'll have to take care of that stuff for a few hundred on top of the thousand you spent on the puppy.

-- 28 Sep 2016, 13:17 --

Angie10 wrote:Those figures are pretty worrisome, although given the rate at which I see dogs and other animals by the roadside, having been plowed down by drivers, I'm not surprised. It really breaks my heart that people just don't seem to care. That guys sounds like he's doing a fab job, and I hope many others follow suit.

Oooh gosh, if you don't mind me asking, where do you live (as in city/state)? Because it sounds like this happens a lot where you are. While it doesn't happen a lot here, it does happen and that's why I bought the course. You can never be to careful. And he really is, he really cares about animals so much and he wants to make sure everyone protects their animals. If you ever get the chance follow him on Twitter @KyleKittleson and watch some of his live streams about training and really anything where he talks about animals and you will see how much he truly cares.

Angie10 wrote:We don't have that sort of training over here. If I were to have dogs, I'd never let them out on their own. I'd also keep them on a leash if we were going anywhere near a busy road. They are a bit like kids, and will just dash out into the road without thinking.

What do you mean by "don't have that sort of training over here" do people in general not really train or take care of their pets over there? Because there is really only two ways to train, the right way and the wrong way. XD If you have any friends or family that have pets, maybe you should show them this course! It also helps with basic obedience training such as sit, stay, come and Kyle is always willing to answer any questions about training or anything else involving animals. And yes again, most people don't just let their dogs out, but like kids sometimes they'll just sneak out the door if you have it open letting someone in or out. So you can never be too careful.

Scouten

Postby Angie10 » 29 Sep 2016, 10:43

Scouten wrote:Oooh gosh, if you don't mind me asking, where do you live (as in city/state)? Because it sounds like this happens a lot where you are. While it doesn't happen a lot here, it does happen and that's why I bought the course. You can never be to careful. And he really is, he really cares about animals so much and he wants to make sure everyone protects their animals. If you ever get the chance follow him on Twitter @KyleKittleson and watch some of his live streams about training and really anything where he talks about animals and you will see how much he truly cares.

What do you mean by "don't have that sort of training over here" do people in general not really train or take care of their pets over there? Because there is really only two ways to train, the right way and the wrong way. XD If you have any friends or family that have pets, maybe you should show them this course! It also helps with basic obedience training such as sit, stay, come and Kyle is always willing to answer any questions about training or anything else involving animals. And yes again, most people don't just let their dogs out, but like kids sometimes they'll just sneak out the door if you have it open letting someone in or out. So you can never be too careful.

I live in Gaborone, the capital city of Botswana, where dogs are always roaming around freely and wandering onto the roads. People love dogs or seem to but generally don't take the necessary steps required to keep them safe. My mum and dad have always had dogs, but never allow them through the gate on their own. So I just don't get why pet owners here claim to love their pets, yet they let them roam all over on their own, risking being knocked down or even being stolen (very common here).

By "we don't have that sort of training over here", I actually meant to say we don't have the sort of service that Kyle Kittleson is offering. I know what you mean about dogs being like kids, sneaking out and all that. But I think this problem is two pronged here; people not taking as much care of their dogs as they could, and drivers who just can't be bothered to swerve or avoid killing dogs.

I've spoken to quite a few and it's always, 'I'd rather not endanger people's lives' or something silly like that. I honestly believe that drivers here could do with driving a little bit more carefully, and also reducing their speed. A lot of people drive recklessly (drunken driving, texting while driving and driving too fast are all very common here) as evidenced by the number of annual road accidents (often fatal) statistics. Just to put it in perspective, road accidents here are the number 2 cause of death in Botswana.

I know I've digressed a lit bit but I think it all ties in. Truly heartbreaking because I don't see it changing any time soon :(

Angie10

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 48

Postby Scouten » 05 Oct 2016, 01:45

Angie10 wrote:
Scouten wrote:Oooh gosh, if you don't mind me asking, where do you live (as in city/state)? Because it sounds like this happens a lot where you are. While it doesn't happen a lot here, it does happen and that's why I bought the course. You can never be to careful. And he really is, he really cares about animals so much and he wants to make sure everyone protects their animals. If you ever get the chance follow him on Twitter @KyleKittleson and watch some of his live streams about training and really anything where he talks about animals and you will see how much he truly cares.

I live in Gaborone, the capital city of Botswana, where dogs are always roaming around freely and wandering onto the roads. People love dogs or seem to but generally don't take the necessary steps required to keep them safe. My mum and dad have always had dogs, but never allow them through the gate on their own. So I just don't get why pet owners here claim to love their pets, yet they let them roam all over on their own, risking being knocked down or even being stolen (very common here).

By "we don't have that sort of training over here", I actually meant to say we don't have the sort of service that Kyle Kittleson is offering. I know what you mean about dogs being like kids, sneaking out and all that. But I think this problem is two pronged here; people not taking as much care of their dogs as they could, and drivers who just can't be bothered to swerve or avoid killing dogs.

I've spoken to quite a few and it's always, 'I'd rather not endanger people's lives' or something silly like that. I honestly believe that drivers here could do with driving a little bit more carefully, and also reducing their speed. A lot of people drive recklessly (drunken driving, texting while driving and driving too fast are all very common here) as evidenced by the number of annual road accidents (often fatal) statistics. Just to put it in perspective, road accidents here are the number 2 cause of death in Botswana.

I know I've digressed a lit bit but I think it all ties in. Truly heartbreaking because I don't see it changing any time soon :(

Ah okay as someone who travels a lot, it seems like places besides the U.S, Canada and the U.K for the most part have dogs running around. Depending on the city. I am sure many people there do in fact take care of their dogs, but the dogs on the streets are the dogs that weren't taken care of by their owners for whatever reason and were released or got lose and the owner didn't care. And you can now have that service there by checking out the program, but I mean you can still train your dog without having the service, you are actually always training your dog whether you know it or not because of the attention you give your dog. And yikes that isn't to great of a reason when other drivers behind could also slow down like they should.. XD. Running over a dog, depending on the size could possible be more likely to cause an accident then just slowing down for the dog. But yep there is always that, the drunk and distracted drivers, but again that's why training a dog to never go in the street is a good thing!

Scouten

Postby bestwriter » 06 Oct 2016, 04:31

We have a solid boundary wall that protects our pets. They are never leashed except while giving them medicines or taking them for a bath. sad to hear of so many deaths.

bestwriter

ForumCoin: 403

Postby nakitakona » 06 Oct 2016, 04:54

The statistics are too much to bear. I find it a gross cruelty on dogs. Dogs are like human beings. They should be treated well and fed well for they also the right to live.

nakitakona

Referrals: 3
ForumCoin: 740

Postby Scouten » 08 Oct 2016, 14:04

nakitakona wrote:The statistics are too much to bear. I find it a gross cruelty on dogs. Dogs are like human beings. They should be treated well and fed well for they also the right to live.

They really should be! But sadly that is not the case with a lot of dogs. As someone who works with a rescue, I have seen so my dogs that were just skin and bones with terrible injuries because of owner abuse. One dog that we are fostering write now was that, but now 6 months later he is doing well, no longer skin and bones and injuries are healing well. Another dog we had as a foster (and then adopted) was shot by its owner...

Scouten

Postby Fergal » 02 Nov 2016, 20:17

Popular topic, donating 50 ForumCoin now to Scouten and Angie10.

Fergal
Site Admin

ForumCoin: 21,589

Return to Link & Video Plugs - Win ForumCoin