ForumCoin Special Offer: .info Domain for only 60 ForumCoin Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
Site news and information.

Article Guidelines Updated and a Note on Article Quality

Postby Fergal » 06 Nov 2016, 11:41

Our article submission guidelines have been updated and now include the following:

You will receive 50 ForumCoin when you first post your article, if your article topic receives at least 20 replies and at least 400 views, we will pay you an additional 100 ForumCoin, bringing the total payment to 150 ForumCoin.

Article Quality
Our members have published a number of high quality, very helpful articles and for that we are very grateful. However, some articles have room for improvement and there has even been discussion on at least one other forum, about poor quality articles being published on ForumCoin.

Please note that as and from today we will only accept higher quality articles. Articles that do not meet our standard will be moved from the Articles section and the 50 ForumCoin paid for them will be removed from the member.

Please reply here, if you have any questions or concerns in relation to this update.

Thanks for your participation and understanding!

Fergal
Site Admin

ForumCoin: 5,002

Re: Article Guidelines Updated and a Note on Article Quality

Postby bestwriter » 06 Nov 2016, 12:16

I have a suggestion. Your point is well taken. You can do what some other sites are doing. You could go through our posts and then if they meet with your approval they could be posted. We must have authority to remove them if they are not approved.

bestwriter

ForumCoin: 399

Postby nakitakona » 06 Nov 2016, 12:33

We are not perfect indeed but there are tools that could help any member to improve their write-ups. It takes a hard work, a diligent attitude to reach to a quality work. It takes also a submissive attitude to welcome any suggestion to his post. I do appreciate if those posts which seems just a declaration of something for the sake of earning a 50 FC, it would therefore proper it would be transferred to an appropriate thread. Thanks for this update.It is very well said.

nakitakona

Referrals: 3
ForumCoin: 700

Postby raaman » 06 Nov 2016, 14:40

Hi Fergal,
Don't you find it necessary to amend the 'article submission guidelines' as updated on 6.11.2016 to send the message to everyone concerned? It still reads as 'updated on 22.10.2016'!

Incidentally, I find a drop of 40 forumcoins in my account without mentioning any reasons anywhere for the same! May I know the reasons for that please?

raaman

ForumCoin: 569

Postby Fergal » 06 Nov 2016, 15:11

bestwriter wrote:You could go through our posts and then if they meet with your approval they could be posted

If it helps, you are welcome to PM me with an article before you post it. That way I can tell you if it meets our guidelines or not, before it is published.

Thanks for your support nakitakona.

raaman wrote:It still reads as 'updated on 22.10.2016'!

Thanks for notifying me of that, I accidentally missed that and have corrected the date now.

raaman wrote:I find a drop of 40 forumcoins in my account without mentioning any reasons anywhere for the same! May I know the reasons for that please?

The ForumCoin was removed because one of your articles was moved from the articles section.

Fergal
Site Admin

Postby oldbuddy » 07 Nov 2016, 05:05

I was wondering how long it would take for this to happen. Thanks for taking steps to preserve the integrity of my favorite forum. I had fears it would follow in the footsteps of Bubbblews, but those fears are now behind me.

How I Conquered The Problem On Clixsense
Of Losing Focus WHILE VIEWING ADS So I Couldn't Multitask!
CICK HERE to see my SIMPLE BUT ELEGANT SOLUTION!
oldbuddy

Referrals: 23
ForumCoin: 419

Postby suny » 07 Nov 2016, 05:14

I suggest articles should be moderated before going online. I also suggest the articles do not appear unless moderated and published. The member could utilize his article elsewhere in case a particular article is rejected.

suny

Referrals: 8
ForumCoin: 302

Postby Fergal » 07 Nov 2016, 18:09

suny wrote:I suggest articles should be moderated before going online. I also suggest the articles do not appear unless moderated and published. The member could utilize his article elsewhere in case a particular article is rejected.

Thanks for your suggestion suny, we may implement moderation in the future. However, as I said in an earlier post, members are welcome to PM me with an article for approval, before posting it.

Fergal
Site Admin

Return to Guidelines and Announcements