ForumCoin Special Offer: .info Domain for only 60 ForumCoin Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
Site news and information.
Must Read > Postaholics Rejoice!

Must Read > Postaholics Rejoice!

Postby CyberFreak » 21 Sep 2016, 07:34

:wave:

It has been a while since we made any real significant changes to ForumCoin (sorry!) but we have something that I am sure some of our most active members will like.

Firstly some background. When we started ForumCoin we used to allow users to make unlimited posts daily and to start off with that was good however over time we started to encounter issues. Firstly we found alot of users attempted to ust post as many posts as they could each day. It obviously meant that alot were not good quality :thumbdown: It also made it hard for us to really plan financially as posting activity varied massively one day to the next which therefore caused our expenditure to fluctuate massively daily. To solve this we introduced a limit on the number of posts a user could earn per day. Originally it was 25, then we decreased it to 17 and now we have settled with 10 which is a number that is achievable fairly easily without the need to make low quality posts to reach that amount.

Since we introduced the limit, we have received many comments from current and past members of FC mentioning this 10 post a day limit. While it is a limit, it never stopped people posting beyond this amount however as most members are here to earn, they saw this a big limit that really got in their way. We then decided to get 2 of the most intelligent people in the world to help to find a solution. Unfortunately there both all busy so Fergal and myself had to come up with something :wave:

What we have changed!

This is the good bit :thumbup: The earnings for all users first 10 posts will be the same as before however from now on, users will earn 20% of the usual earnings for each post they make above the 10 posts daily. This means a post in the General forum will earn users 1 FC per post for posts 1-10 like normal for that day and if you post in there beyond your 10 daily posts, you will earn 0.2 FC per post beyond the 10th post. This means you now earn for every post you make daily and there is no limit to the number of posts you earn from daily. This means that really you can post as many posts a day as you want and earn something for all of the posts.

We do request that uses do continue to post worthwhile, useful and non spammy posts. We do expect all users to make all their posts of decent to high quality at all times. Please do not abuse the change and post nonsense just to earn a bit extra. That will make us very sad :cry: We also may adjust the 20% rate up or down depending on the number of users posting beyond 10 posts daily, the quality of those posts and other metrics we base our rates on.

If you have any questions, feedback or if you encounter any nasty bugs on FC, please let us know. Hope you enjoy the extra earning opportunity.

Please note: The FAQ and certain topics on the forum have yet to be updated to reflect this change. These will be updated over the next couple of days.

CyberFreak
Tech Admin

Referrals: 12
ForumCoin: 50,003

Re: Postaholics Rejoice!

Postby Lexi » 21 Sep 2016, 07:46

I think this is a good idea, and I personally post over 10 a day if there are issue to be thrashed out or discussed. I'm all for the general topic to 'earn' less because it's really a lounge section where people can get to know one another.

My pet peeve is when a poster repeats what they have said in a post for the sake of it to create another post, or when they ask something that has been answered already. Is there a emoji for 'tearing my hair out'? :crazy:

Lexi

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 197

Postby CyberFreak » 21 Sep 2016, 07:56

Just to clarify, users will earn the same as in the past for all their first 10 posts. It is only the 10th post onwards where now they will earn 20% of the usual earnings for a post in that forum and that is instead of the previous rate of 0% :mrgreen: No users will be worse of then before no matter how active you are :thumbup:

Lexi wrote:My pet peeve is when a poster repeats what they have said in a post for the sake of it to create another post, or when they ask something that has been answered already

Indeed this is something that concerns us aswell. These are the type of posts we hope we do not see more of with this change.
Lexi wrote:Is there a emoji for 'tearing my hair out'?

:hair:
There is now... Can be found on via the "View More Smilies" link under the smilies icons when posting 8-)

CyberFreak
Tech Admin

Postby sprite1950 » 21 Sep 2016, 08:32

That really is good news, not that I ever really posted for the money .. I just like it here and online posting is my hobby. When you think about it, most hobbies cost money but mine actually gives me some back :)

I don't always do my 10 posts but it's nice to know that if I do, and I want to post more, I can actually earn from it. Thank you :thumbup:

sprite1950

Referrals: 3
ForumCoin: 2,232

Postby nela13 » 21 Sep 2016, 08:40

It is good to see this "improvement" in the forum, it is a signal that everything is going well here and you Can give a little bonus to the users.
Don't know if I will post much more than 10 posts daily but it is another open door. Thank you @Cyberfreak and @Fergal :thumbup:

nela13

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 202

Postby IcyFirefly » 21 Sep 2016, 09:59

This is a great change and thank you to ForumCoin for this!

Lexi wrote:My pet peeve is when a poster repeats what they have said in a post for the sake of it to create another post, or when they ask something that has been answered already. Is there a emoji for 'tearing my hair out'? :crazy:

I am like @Lexi on this subject. I even see post that tell a story which has nothing to do with the thread, and since I don't feel right giving a negative reputation for many different reasons, I wish their were a way we can do it without the reprisal. Can you put that "Tearing my hair out" right by the reputation icon? That would help a lot!! :lol:

IcyFirefly

ForumCoin: 12

Postby nakitakona » 21 Sep 2016, 10:21

Do I read it right? Extra earnings of 0.2 in excess of 10 posts per day. It sounds good. I really like that. Non-members if they know this latest promotion would likely be joining this site.

nakitakona

Referrals: 3
ForumCoin: 740

Postby sherryinutah » 21 Sep 2016, 11:51

It's great to know that you care enough to make improvements to the site; even though, I was very content with ForumCoin prior to this change.

Thank you for all that you do. :thumbup:

sherryinutah

ForumCoin: 379

Postby Angie10 » 21 Sep 2016, 21:43

Tis is a great development; thank you Fergal and CyberFreak :) Like some people have said, I too hope that people continue in the same fashion and don't start abusing the system in a bid to earn more :) Way to go!

Angie10

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 48

Postby kataomoi » 22 Sep 2016, 00:07

I'm so happy to hear this. I don't usually post more than 10 posts because I'm not on that much, but it's nice to know that I'll be earning when I do go over 10 posts :) Thanks for making this possible :mrgreen:

kataomoi

ForumCoin: 1,406

Postby Sam » 22 Sep 2016, 02:40

Great improvement. Awesome to see members can now be rewarded for every post they make! :D

:wave:
Sam
Community Moderator

ForumCoin: 1,345

Postby Decentlady » 22 Sep 2016, 06:38

I must thank and congratulate both two most intelligent people on FC to have considered their users and come up with this offer. :D Thank you guys. I wonder how will points be credited and show up on our score.

Decentlady

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 675

Postby grecy0905 » 22 Sep 2016, 13:38

Yey, I am really rejoicing for that. I usually avoids General topic because it gives 1 point only for the posts but that was before, when I am treating this site as one of my online site. I guess not now. I am unsure of being active in here, but it is good to know you have something like this now!

grecy0905

Referrals: 11
ForumCoin: 442

Postby CyberFreak » 22 Sep 2016, 21:33

Decentlady wrote:Thank you guys. I wonder how will points be credited and show up on our score.
Well this is a difficult one. The total you see in the header is rounded up or down to the nearest full number. For example if a user has 101.13 FC, it will show as 101 ForumCoin in the header. It means that if you earn 0.2 for a post, your forumcoin total will not visually be different unless that amount puts you above .5

That said going into the point section shows your points total down to 2 decimal places points.php

You will see it under where it says "Hello *Your Username*". That means that you will see any fractions of forumcoin you earn there and that will visually change with every post even if the rounded value in the header doesn't change.

CyberFreak
Tech Admin

Postby Scouten » 23 Sep 2016, 00:48

This is a really good idea I think! I am glad to see that you guys are always trying to find new ways to make FourmCoin even better while balancing and making sure that you guys do not go bankrupt from it. I am not around often anymore (anywhere at all for that matter) because of real life responsibilities like work and school, but I make sure that I come browse the forums and post every so often.

Scouten

Referrals: 15
ForumCoin: 237

Next

Return to Guidelines and Announcements