ForumCoin Special Offer: .info Domain for only 60 ForumCoin Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
Talk hardware, software, computer gaming, mobile devices, the Internet and other technology

Chain messages.

Postby chikitta » 09 Jan 2017, 17:07

Hello dear friends how are you all doing. I hope the second week of the new year has started off on a high note and that you are all well.
How many of you have ever received chain messages that make rounds in social media platforms like whassup and facebook? Am sure all of us have received them at least once. For those who do not know what am talking about, let me just give you an idea of what theycare all about. Someone may send you a message telling you something about God then they ask you to send it to 10 people in the next 30 minutes or else you will have had luck coming your way the whole year. So most of the time people panic and that quickly start sending those messages without even thinking twice. Usually that sound so convincing. Little do we know that we are trapping ourselves into things that we can avoid. The devil is truly a liar. He sugar costs everything to pull innocent souls into his traps.When you receive those chain messages, delete them and educate the sender on the true nature of such messages. Always remember that God would never threaten you into doing something. And God doesn’t just bless you because you have sent the message to a certain number of people within a few minutes, etc.; it’s the devil posing like an angel of light. God blesses those who obey His word (Deuteronomy 28).

Don’t spread curses or be a courier for the occult, please just delete such messages. Another thing God does not need us to assist him with his work, he can manage on his own.

chikitta

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 44

Re: Chain messages.

Postby Fergal » 09 Jan 2017, 17:53

Moving topic to more appropriate forum section!

Fergal
Site Admin

ForumCoin: 21,589

Postby oldbuddy » 09 Jan 2017, 22:47

These letters have nothing to do with God or the Devil, they are just some crackpot out trying to get a thrill from causing other people to jump through silly hoops. Ignoring them is the right action.

How I Conquered The Problem On Clixsense
Of Losing Focus WHILE VIEWING ADS So I Couldn't Multitask!
CICK HERE to see my SIMPLE BUT ELEGANT SOLUTION!
oldbuddy

Referrals: 23
ForumCoin: 123

Postby peachpurple » 10 Jan 2017, 00:15

Chain messages had started during my school days, didn't know that it still exist until today.

Don't trust them

Believe in yourself

peachpurple

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 93

Postby sprite1950 » 10 Jan 2017, 05:40

I am plagued with the stupid things on facebook but I just ignore them. They aren't always unpleasant, in fact some of them are just people wanting to send others well wishes. Mine usually come through on messenger.

Before social media came along I used to get the sort which were sent through the post and were of a more threatening nature. I don't get those now. They just used to say that something bad would happen if we didn't pass them on. I believed them in my school days but now I can see it was utter rubbish.

sprite1950

Referrals: 3
ForumCoin: 2,232

Postby germainebull » 10 Jan 2017, 08:01

chikitta wrote:Always remember that God would never threaten you into doing something.

You are very correct.

Unfortunately, this is the ploy employed by many unscrupulous people to intimidate others into doing certain things.

germainebull

Referrals: 29
ForumCoin: 595

Postby agape » 10 Jan 2017, 15:48

Experience has taught me that I should always ignore such emotional blackmail.

agape

ForumCoin: -2

Postby Angie10 » 10 Jan 2017, 16:07

OMG I hate those things so much, and yes, as soon as I see one, it goes in the bin. What do people even get out of them?? I mean, besides causing mass panic, because it's always; if you don't pass it on something horrible will happen to you or something stupid like that. Just ridiculous :roll:

Angie10

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 48

Postby germainebull » 12 Jan 2017, 09:48

chikitta wrote:Another thing God does not need us to assist him with his work, he can manage on his own.

I like this point. Since we hold that God is all-powerful, I think He does not need the assistance of us mere humans who can exist only for less than a century.

germainebull

Referrals: 29
ForumCoin: 595

Postby oldbuddy » 13 Jan 2017, 13:44

germainebull wrote:
chikitta wrote:Another thing God does not need us to assist him with his work, he can manage on his own.

I like this point. Since we hold that God is all-powerful, I think He does not need the assistance of us mere humans who can exist only for less than a century.

I think he absolutely needs us to interact with other people (which benefits us too), or he would not have sent Jesus to live on earth.

How I Conquered The Problem On Clixsense
Of Losing Focus WHILE VIEWING ADS So I Couldn't Multitask!
CICK HERE to see my SIMPLE BUT ELEGANT SOLUTION!
oldbuddy

Referrals: 23
ForumCoin: 123

Postby amitkokiladitya » 28 Jan 2017, 07:06

I ahte chain messages.
I make it a point not to forward them further.
Most of them are completely baseless and increase superstition and nothing else

amitkokiladitya

ForumCoin: 229

Return to CGT - Computers, Gaming & Technology