ForumCoin Special Offer: .info Domain for only 60 ForumCoin Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
Talk hardware, software, computer gaming, mobile devices, the Internet and other technology

Do you use AdBlock add-on?

Postby jacktheking » 08 Jan 2017, 03:39

Hey everyone! Just a simple question that I hope to spark some discussion. As per title, do you use AdBlock or similar plugin when you browse the web?

Personally for me, I have AdBlock Plus installed on my Mozilla Firefox browser. However I always deactivate it everywhere. I only activate it when I am visiting site that will contains a lot of advertisement for a simple task - not faucet because I know faucet survive from advertisement.

What I mean is site like http://www.md5.cz/ (warning, do not enter, lots of advertisements). It's just a simple site that generate MD5 hashes and it contains a lot of advertisements - including pop-up.

jacktheking

ForumCoin: 111

Re: Do you use AdBlock add-on?

Postby sprite1950 » 08 Jan 2017, 08:32

I don't use ad block unless I feel there is a very real threat of getting a virus because I feel that many sites rely on their advertising to survive so I allow it for that reason.

When I was on Chatabout I used to do Radio Loyalty and would get numerous virus alerts so I did use it then. If they're going to use dodgy advertising then I don't feel bad about using an adblock. I think Swagbucks stopped using RL because of the complaints about popups and virus alerts.

sprite1950

Referrals: 3
ForumCoin: 2,232

Postby skysnap » 08 Jan 2017, 10:34

I stopped using ad block. The reason being it destroys online business. It destroys someones home and business. We feel we own everything on internet for free. That is wrong. So I stopped using adblock.

skysnap

ForumCoin: 505

Postby CyberFreak » 08 Jan 2017, 16:58

I use Adguard for Windows that blocks ads in all browsers before the data reaches the browser.

By default I have it on for every site (as you never know what to expect) but I do disable on sites I like or that I know are kind about their choice of ads. I hate pop-up or pop-unders and dislike ads with sound or flashy type ones. Gentle animations are fine. I also use it on sites that give out money or gifts such as forums like forumcoin, ptc sites, faucets and so on.

One thing I don't really like is messages disallowing access to sites that have adblock enabled. Acceptable if the site is a site I am earning from but blocking adblock users from a free hosted site with a free domain? I will go elsewhere thankyou or spend a minute viewing the page source to work around the block so I can keep using adblock.

Not all sites are equal and not all use ads because they need to. Many use ads and are inconsiderate with their ads for their own personal gain rather than "supporting" their site.

CyberFreak
Tech Admin

Referrals: 12
ForumCoin: 50,003

Postby germainebull » 10 Jan 2017, 08:16

You will have to pardon my ignorance; I don't even know how to install adblock. lol.

germainebull

Referrals: 29
ForumCoin: 595

Postby CyberFreak » 10 Jan 2017, 09:55

Many sites around the world will be so happy to hear you say that :lol:

Instructions are dependant on your browser of choice (aslong as you are not an IE user) but usually it is just a case of going to your browsers extension or add-on store and search for ad blockers and picking the one you want to use. It is quite easy to do... setting it up can sometimes be a pain though with custom exclusions and various filter lists that can cause issues with sites.

CyberFreak
Tech Admin

Referrals: 12
ForumCoin: 50,003

Postby Gina145 » 11 Jan 2017, 22:36

I've got AdBlock on my computer but I only have it enabled on my blog and other sites which display ads with my AdSense code. The only reason that I use it on those sites is because I know that AdSense are very fussy about members clicking on their own ads and I don't want to risk losing my account if I accidentally click in the wrong place.

How NOT to Grow Rich Online
Prolific Academic - read my review or sign up here.

My Bonsai Obsession
Gina145

ForumCoin: 116

Postby Hugop » 11 Jan 2017, 23:26

I don't support AdBlock as they ruin websites, I am one of those that think AdBlocker should be illegal. I don't like the way they "block ads" because they don't pay AdBlocker a high fee. Google AdSense had to pay AdBlocker to not block their ads. Note that AdBlocker became known because of "Chrome extension award" fraud, some of the juries worked for AdBlocker.

I generally don't support any adblocking software, but AdBlocker/AdBlocker Plus shoud be avoided, they are using you for money. Even cookies manipulation, it is way to far.

Hugop
Community Moderator

Referrals: 3
ForumCoin: 246

Postby klabingk » 15 Jan 2017, 16:31

I use it all the time. Can't imagine how my friends are surviving the internet without it, especially because they tend to click on ads that are viruses, scams and stuff.

klabingk

ForumCoin: 31

Postby uarif1186 » 16 Jan 2017, 13:51

I do use uBlock Origin and is very effective to surf/browse online these days. Being a freelancer I have to visit many unsafe website through out the day to cater my work needs. So, I feel somewhat secure using such tool.

uarif1186

ForumCoin: 6

Postby amitkokiladitya » 19 Jan 2017, 06:53

I have heard of add block plus but havent downloaded it yet? is it really helpful?

amitkokiladitya

ForumCoin: 229

Postby skysnap » 19 Jan 2017, 06:56

amitkokiladitya wrote:I have heard of add block plus but havent downloaded it yet? is it really helpful?

It is a plugin that destoys earnings of other webmasters in the excuse of blocking nasty ads. in reality it destroys revenue of many sites on web.

skysnap

ForumCoin: 505

Postby Currensy » 20 Jan 2017, 14:45

Who doesn't use it? Everybody Using it or In Default Browser this kind of Application is already installed.But It is eating much revenue :$: :clap:

Currensy

Referrals: 4
ForumCoin: 95

Return to CGT - Computers, Gaming & Technology