ForumCoin Special Offer: .info Domain for only 60 ForumCoin Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
Talk hardware, software, computer gaming, mobile devices, the Internet and other technology

Re: Accessing the laptop of a stranger remotely

Postby Novelangel » 09 Jan 2017, 12:05

I don't know if hackers can get into your system without some sort of permission or not, but I do know that they often use certain websites that are designed just for that purpose, to gain remote control over someone else's machine. They usually have to have you input some data or go to that site yourself in order for this to work. But once inside your computer, they have access to pretty much everything, which is very scary.

Novelangel

ForumCoin: 66

Postby agape » 10 Jan 2017, 15:53

Would such access not constitute hacking? I won't want to do this.

agape

ForumCoin: -2

Postby oldbuddy » 10 Jan 2017, 16:57

agape wrote:Would such access not constitute hacking? I won't want to do this.

Yes it absolutely would constitute hacking and you are wise to steer clear of it.

How I Conquered The Problem On Clixsense
Of Losing Focus WHILE VIEWING ADS So I Couldn't Multitask!
CICK HERE to see my SIMPLE BUT ELEGANT SOLUTION!
oldbuddy

Referrals: 23
ForumCoin: 117

Postby germainebull » 12 Jan 2017, 09:50

oldbuddy wrote:
Angie10 wrote:I've often asked myself the same question, germainebull....I mean, does anyone know what they get out of it?!

They can easily obtain user names and passwords for anything you do online and divert any money transacted to themselves.

Is this as easy as you make it to sound? I mean. Supposing a hacker obtains my online banking password, is it this breezy to withdraw my cash?

germainebull

Referrals: 29
ForumCoin: 595

Postby Collinberg » 12 Jan 2017, 15:29

I have heard that sometimes,viruses and worms that makes ur system vulnerable to attacks are usually put inside some essential apps so that whenever u download such apps,you are indirectly giving hackers unlimited access to your computer.

Collinberg

Referrals: 6
ForumCoin: 205

Postby germainebull » 23 Jan 2017, 06:00

Novelangel wrote:I don't know if hackers can get into your system without some sort of permission or not, but I do know that they often use certain websites that are designed just for that purpose, to gain remote control over someone else's machine.

Could you describe or mention some of these sites that could expose me to a hacker? That is, if you don't mind.

germainebull

Postby oldbuddy » 23 Jan 2017, 13:52

germainebull wrote:
Novelangel wrote:I don't know if hackers can get into your system without some sort of permission or not, but I do know that they often use certain websites that are designed just for that purpose, to gain remote control over someone else's machine.

Could you describe or mention some of these sites that could expose me to a hacker? That is, if you don't mind.

One method is to use a Phishing site (created by them) to imitate a site you use. When you login you are handing them your user name and password on a silver platter.

oldbuddy

Postby earthsalt » 26 Jan 2017, 06:10

anggugufc wrote:Yes and beyond my knowledge, if there some worms installed in your laptop. Once you accessed your laptop online, the hacker can do everything to your laptop, including hacking or cracking. Of course that not easy to do so.

This is scary. And reason enough to source for the most robust anti-virus/malware software and install in on my laptop.

earthsalt

ForumCoin: 84

Postby oldbuddy » 27 Jan 2017, 18:20

earthsalt wrote:
anggugufc wrote:Yes and beyond my knowledge, if there some worms installed in your laptop. Once you accessed your laptop online, the hacker can do everything to your laptop, including hacking or cracking. Of course that not easy to do so.

This is scary. And reason enough to source for the most robust anti-virus/malware software and install in on my laptop.

Two facts remain true in 2017 and beyond. It's really hard to get virus/malware if you stay off the Internet, but you need Windows/ Mac to run some critical software you want on your computer.

So the simple answer, is to use a Linux computer for all your Internet functions and keep your Windows/Mac off the Internet.

oldbuddy

Postby earthsalt » 28 Jan 2017, 15:37

Collinberg wrote:I have heard that sometimes,viruses and worms that makes ur system vulnerable to attacks are usually put inside some essential apps so that whenever u download such apps,you are indirectly giving hackers unlimited access to your computer.

You could run any suspicious apps through a robust antivirus software. You are bound to detect such undesirable elements and remove them.

earthsalt

ForumCoin: 84

Postby MeowsePad » 29 Jan 2017, 08:22

As someone else said, this is usually accomplished using a RAT (remote access trojan). Malicious users often embed remote access trojans in seemingly innocent programs, and they can use the trojans to access someone's computer. I read about a user who spread infected copies of The Sims 3 so that he could access the laptops of young women remotely and spy on them using their webcams. Ugh.

MeowsePad
Community Moderator

ForumCoin: 2

Postby germainebull » 14 Feb 2017, 14:36

I live such types of operations to cyber sleuths who may perhaps want to check the computer of a suspected terrorist remotely. Otherwise, I guess I have no business dabbling in such maneuvers.

germainebull

Previous

Return to CGT - Computers, Gaming & Technology