*** ForumCoin is Proudly Hosted by Hawk Host ***
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
BMF Banner Ad
Questions and discussions related to business, making money online, cryptocurrencies, etc.
Forum rules
Please ensure that all posts contribute positively to the discussion and are quality posts. Any low quality posts will be deleted. Please read "What makes a worthwhile post? before posting. This section is not for questions or topics about Forum Coin and these discussions should instead be posted in our ForumCoin Related Discussions forum. You must not post referral links in this forum.

Re: Charging more than Maximum Retail Price

Postby germainebull » 14 Jan 2017, 06:09

Husainkoliraskr wrote:its common. once i was travelling in train and i baught a toothpaste which i paid more than mrp.. actually when we need something so we pay more but its not good way.

This is usually what happens whenever I buy from a hawker in a public transportation vehicle. These traders usually add a slight margin to the selling price to cater for the trouble of bringing their wares to you.

germainebull

Referrals: 35
ForumCoin: 102

Banner Ad

Postby ceci » 14 Jan 2017, 13:51

They should not sell above the stated maximum retail price, they should be fined on this in my country. In fact, the government office are claiming and bring the traders whom sell just a little bit , say 10 cents above the normal market retail price( I still don't know how's the calculation) on excessive profit to the court.
This made me feel silly, as all the overpriced products and trader will be pushed out of the business and market by itself in a competitive market. :P

ceci

Referrals: 5
ForumCoin: 26

Postby Happyland » 19 Jan 2017, 15:08

Not sure why someone would pay more than maximum retail price. At a certain high price point the demand should fall which would cause prices to come down to a more normal price.

Now We Can Search And Earn From This International Search Engine:
https://searchtrade.com/index.php?ref=e ... gnUpDialog
Happyland

ForumCoin: 1,317

Postby germainebull » 21 Jan 2017, 06:06

ceci wrote:They should not sell above the stated maximum retail price, they should be fined on this in my country.

Since it is usually the case of a 'willing-buyer-willing seller' situation when buying from hawkers, I don't think that the government can realistically impose fines on these small traders.

germainebull

Referrals: 35
ForumCoin: 102

Postby skysnap » 21 Jan 2017, 07:59

Most of the shops may overcharge it because they think it's something they deserve. so goes to show you that they are making more money. I think this is not fair. people should open up complaints for over charging.

skysnap

ForumCoin: 351

Postby earthsalt » 22 Jan 2017, 15:58

germainebull wrote:I advise you to be patient; with time, these unscrupulous traders will be pushed out of business soon if the laws of demand and supply are anything to go by.

I agree with you germainebull. Any trader who is insensible or greedy enough to charge exorbitant prices for goods/services will stay afloat for only a short while before being rushed out of the marketplace by traders who are objective and fair in pricing.

earthsalt
Banned

ForumCoin: 80

Postby skysnap » 23 Jan 2017, 02:53

It's not something we can control. If they shop and they are overcharging. They need to be stopped through legal means. Just can't be stopped on unless law is called.

skysnap

Postby peachpurple » 23 Jan 2017, 05:04

selling fake goods or recycled goods but charging the original price is a norm practice n our country. Unless the government does something about it, otherwise we consumers are always getting cheated

peachpurple

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 331

Postby amitkokiladitya » 23 Jan 2017, 05:31

anyone ho selld anything above the maximum retail price is subject to punishment. I know we can complain about it but where and how i dont know.
Google can help you for sure.

amitkokiladitya

ForumCoin: 26

Postby Alexandoy » 25 Jan 2017, 03:01

There is no MRP here although there are guidelines on SRP - that's Suggested Retail Price which means the price can be flexible.

Alexandoy

ForumCoin: 17

Postby suny » 25 Jan 2017, 05:21

I always thought that overcharging is criminal offence so there is no way a retailer can charge anything over printed MRP. If it happens in a remote place like while traveling in a train by a random unauthorized seller that is different.

suny

Referrals: 66
ForumCoin: 504

Postby nangk08 » 25 Jan 2017, 05:52

If the MRP or maximum retail price is already printed on the product, then the sellers cannot overcharge above the printed MRP. It is illegal to do so. However, there are many products that do not have a printed MRP and the sellers charge as per their wish. But normally those products are not so expensive and so buyers do not think much about the price.

nangk08

ForumCoin: 27

Postby skysnap » 25 Jan 2017, 06:15

Often people who sell outside the city don't go by MRP. They are more into getting their set of profit out. I think that is what makes it harder for the profit to be consistent there.

skysnap

Postby earthsalt » 25 Jan 2017, 06:24

peachpurple wrote:selling fake goods or recycled goods but charging the original price is a norm practice n our country. Unless the government does something about it, otherwise we consumers are always getting cheated

Sadly, this is the same case in my country. My government seems unwilling or unable to protect citizens from substandard and even dangerous products.
We are thus forced to be ever vigilant to avoid buying these fake products unwittingly.

earthsalt
Banned

ForumCoin: 80

Postby suny » 25 Jan 2017, 06:29

earthsalt wrote:
peachpurple wrote:selling fake goods or recycled goods but charging the original price is a norm practice n our country. Unless the government does something about it, otherwise we consumers are always getting cheated

Sadly, this is the same case in my country. My government seems unwilling or unable to protect citizens from substandard and even dangerous products.
We are thus forced to be ever vigilant to avoid buying these fake products unwittingly.

That is different but common in my country too. In fact, the imitators immediately start creating fake version of popular products as soon they come out in the market. But that is entirely different from charging more than printed price.

suny

Referrals: 66
ForumCoin: 504

PreviousNext

Your Ad Here.

Return to Business, Money & Wealth - BMW Forum