ForumCoin Special Offer: .info Domain for only 60 ForumCoin Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
PayPal Cash, Domain Names, Amazon Vouchers, Forum Signatures, Link Redirects.

Post Quality

Postby CyberFreak » 04 Dec 2013, 14:20

Over the past few weeks, I have noticed the post quality has gone down dramatically. While we reward users well for posting, we do expect them to be of a fairly decent standard. Post consisting of a few words, excessive punctuation (to hit the minimum character limit) or posts with no or little benefit to the discussion such as posts that repeat what other members have already said or posts which asks a question that was already answered, should not be posted.

Before posting, please think about the following points:
  • Would I be posting this if I wasn't being paid to
  • Am I posting a question because I am interested in the reply or just to get the forum coin by making the post?
  • Does this add value to the discussion
  • Is this post on topic
  • Is this post a reasonable length (ideally more than 10-12 words)

Too many users are posting consistently 1 sentence topics with little benefit to the forum. We offer Forum Coin (and the benefits that these can be exchanged for) to reward users for contributing quality posts to our site so please do not abuse what we offer. We do offer quite high rates for posts in some sections but if users continue to post poor quality posts than this may have to change as it is not fair on us or the users that do post valuable and high quality posts.

I will be checking as many posts as possible from now on and any users that are posting predominately poor quality posts will receive a warning and/or loss of some forum coin.

Thank you :)

CyberFreak
Tech Admin

Referrals: 12
ForumCoin: 46,329

Re: Post Quality

Postby Raees » 04 Dec 2013, 16:22

Thats a Good Move and I think its better to increase the minimum word limit in the posts.

Raees

Referrals: 15
ForumCoin: 643

Postby CyberFreak » 04 Dec 2013, 16:31

We can't set a minimum word limit per post but I have increased the minimum character limit per post.

CyberFreak
Tech Admin

Postby shamzblueworld » 06 Dec 2013, 16:18

Another good addition to this would be penalty, a deduction of some FC when someone posts 3 or 5 such posts in a day or so.

shamzblueworld

ForumCoin: 39

Postby Bananaman » 06 Dec 2013, 18:10

shamzblueworld wrote:Another good addition to this would be penalty, a deduction of some FC when someone posts 3 or 5 such posts in a day or so.

Fowler already stated :)

Fowler wrote:any users that are posting predominately poor quality posts will receive a warning and/or loss of some forum coin.

Bananaman

ForumCoin: 115

Postby George » 07 Dec 2013, 01:54

Solid move Fowler, looks like I've missed a lot though around here.

George

ForumCoin: 3,119

Postby Mr.Panos » 08 Dec 2013, 10:41

I read and understood this. Thanks for letting us know and there will always be constructive posts.

Mr.Panos

ForumCoin: 2

Postby Rick Ace » 09 Dec 2013, 13:44

Honestly, this has been keeping me away from many threads in FC for a while. :( I really like this forum, but when people decide to say 1 word or just 1 sentence, it wrecks the conversation. I was maintaining a song thread, and someone just said "I don't like this song". He didn't even bother to describe what he liked or didn't like about it. :(

Rick Ace

ForumCoin: 2,394

Postby Bananaman » 09 Dec 2013, 17:10

Rick Ace wrote:Honestly, this has been keeping me away from many threads in FC for a while. :( I really like this forum, but when people decide to say 1 word or just 1 sentence, it wrecks the conversation. I was maintaining a song thread, and someone just said "I don't like this song". He didn't even bother to describe what he liked or didn't like about it. :(

Yeah I would also like to post some of my photo's Iv'e taken but don't want to with the current situation.

Bananaman

ForumCoin: 115

Postby CyberFreak » 09 Dec 2013, 22:31

Bananaman, you can post the photo's in the following forum - viewforum.php?f=31

Forum Coin is not earned in that form so we will not be strict in terms of what we allow aslong as it is legal, non offensive and not re-posting something that already exists.

Rick Ace wrote:Honestly, this has been keeping me away from many threads in FC for a while. :( I really like this forum, but when people decide to say 1 word or just 1 sentence, it wrecks the conversation. I was maintaining a song thread, and someone just said "I don't like this song". He didn't even bother to describe what he liked or didn't like about it. :(
Sorry about that! We are trying to clear any posts like this. If you come across any, just click report. If there are multiple in one topic, just report one and we will clear them all when we see your report.

CyberFreak
Tech Admin

Postby J Greig » 04 Jan 2014, 02:55

I know this topic is a few weeks old now, but since I've been a way for a little while, I've only just noticed it.

This is a solid and most deserved announcement Fowler. I have been browsing many topics here and have also seen the length of posts fall, from a few sentences, sometimes right down to a few words. Not only the length, but the quality of posts are falling rapidly.

Also, a lot of users here are not fully reading what the topic creator has wrote in their original post. I enjoy engaging with other forum users here on Forum Coin, but many of the topics have a ton of replies all asking or saying the same thing. Sometimes the questions they are asking has already been answered in the original posts.

So, I will say it again. This topic was very well deserved, thank you for making everyone aware.

Regards.

J Greig

ForumCoin: 21

Postby Brad W » 11 Jan 2014, 23:12

I totally agree with this. I see posts without any kind of meaning to the actual topic and it looks likes it has stopped ever since this announcement was made. The forum is back to its old ways - people making worthwhile posts.

Brad W

ForumCoin: 1

Postby singhabhishek251 » 08 Jul 2014, 12:04

Definitely, I am also posting good content while answering any question we are trying to explain in a good way. Thanks for a reminder to everyone and I hope everyone likes to give some good quality content in exchange of some good links from signature and this is not more for any forum.

website design company in Hyderabad | Organic milk in Bangalore | Website design Hyderabad website design companies in Hyderabad, and Visisthmilk for organic milk in bangalore
singhabhishek251

ForumCoin: 210

Postby wordsmatter2me » 05 Nov 2014, 18:03

Good to know about the post minimum of 10 -12 words. As a new members I will post quality posts and great replies.

wordsmatter2me

ForumCoin: 171

Postby mell678 » 24 Apr 2015, 23:17

CyberFreak wrote:I will be checking as many posts as possible from now on and any users that are posting predominately poor quality posts will receive a warning and/or loss of some forum coin.

This is posted 2 years ago, I wonder If the Admin. checking posts at present?.
just asking thank you.

mell678

ForumCoin: 285

Next

Return to Official ForumCoin Offers