*** ForumCoin is Proudly Hosted by Hawk Host ***
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
BMF Banner Ad
You know you want to!

Discussion on moral values

Postby varunsundars » 20 Jan 2017, 16:50

Should moral values be inculcated in children right from their younger age? If so, how? :idea:

varunsundars

ForumCoin: 18

Banner Ad

Re: Discussion on moral values

Postby Happyland » 20 Jan 2017, 17:19

Most people do have a sense of morals. Having said that, there are those whose moral fiber has been eaten away and is now depleted. This is clearly evident both online and offline. The best place to have moral values established is in the family. It starts in the home and should begin at an early age. Maintaining one's morals, good character and ethics is key.

Life can present many opportunities and challenges. All of the addictions, distractions, attractions and temptations that can throw us off course. We need a moral compass to guide us not just as children but throughout our life span. It is good to get to know your limits in life. Children need a strong moral rock to stand on. Getting to know yourself in relation to God can be quite beneficial. If kids can learn who God says they are, it will open up a whole new world for them. Galatians 5:22 tells us that "The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such there is no law".

Thirdly coursework in school can help instill morals in us. This shouldn't be a business ethics course or a philosophy course in the later school years but should start even at an early age.

Finally, morals is up to the individual. Peer pressure and other negative influences can have an impact on children. Therefore, hopefully, children would be fortunate enough to surround themselves with other children who are good natured and have the seeds of good moral character planted within them.

Now We Can Search And Earn From This International Search Engine:
https://searchtrade.com/index.php?ref=e ... gnUpDialog
Happyland

ForumCoin: 1,317

Postby icvecchi » 22 Jan 2017, 16:43

I think children learn through examples, so families must provide good role models by not being agressive with each other, being respectful, listening more than speaking and caring about each other. I know it's hard cause we're humans and make mistakes all the time, but we still need to try our best to be good people for kids to look up to.

Last edited by icvecchi on 22 Jan 2017, 20:52, edited 1 time in total.
icvecchi

ForumCoin: 24

Postby raaman » 22 Jan 2017, 17:57

For this to happen, every country's education system should change for the better even though parents and the society at large play a very vital role.

raaman

ForumCoin: 2,973

Postby amitkokiladitya » 23 Jan 2017, 05:44

Every child learns fro our actions. Check how you behave in front of your child and with him. He will imbibe what is shown to him.
If you are humble and speak well to every one your child will also inculcate the same.
So become a role model for your kid.

amitkokiladitya

ForumCoin: 26

Postby peachpurple » 24 Jan 2017, 03:10

Some parents who are busy at work are reluctant to teach moral values in children since young because you have to be consistent and strict on what is and and right. Rarely could see parents setting the right morals themselves

peachpurple

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 331

Postby Jinglebells » 24 Jan 2017, 22:31

Children learn off adults and will do what they see, some kids seem to learn more from school , as some rely on the school to teach your children what they should be teaching at home.

Jinglebells

Referrals: 8
ForumCoin: 69

Postby cmoneyspinner » 21 Apr 2017, 00:02

* * Galatians 5:22 is a scripture that guides and comforts. <3

cmoneyspinner

Referrals: 10
ForumCoin: 1,835

Postby chaz » 22 Apr 2017, 07:06

Happyland wrote:The best place to have moral values established is in the family. It starts in the home and should begin at an early age. Maintaining one's morals, good character and ethics is key.

What if the parents teach conservative religious strict way and a child is born as a homosexual? Because I saw how both the ethic and moral in those cases went straight to h3LL, sorry to say it like that....
:?:

chaz

ForumCoin: 0

Postby sprite1950 » 22 Apr 2017, 07:42

I think it is the parent's responsibilty to instill moral values into a child but that doesn't mean a child will stay on the straight and narrow. There are many outside influences which can lead them astray, peer pressure being one of the strongest.

I had two children brought up the same with the same rules. One took the road to hell and has basically wrecked his life, the other exceeded my expectations and turned out really well. They can only be guided but there is no guarantee they will take notice of what we say or believe.

sprite1950

Referrals: 10
ForumCoin: 0

Postby haripriyavkl » 22 Apr 2017, 12:59

I had a subject called Moral Science in my school days which had all the lessons about being good, honesty, integrity, money saving, should not hurt anyone, etc. It almost had all the moral values chapter wise. But my brother didn't had that subject now. IF it is included in the syllabus then easily it can reach the children at the young age.

haripriyavkl

ForumCoin: 513

Your Ad Here.

Return to General Chat - Off Topic