ForumCoin Special Offer: .info Domain for only 60 ForumCoin Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
You know you want to!

'For the sake' job adverts

Postby germainebull » 12 Jan 2017, 10:05

Some pundit recently stated that most of the job adverts we see in the media are merely 'for the sake'. That is, the employers have usually picked whom to hire. These devious employers thus post job adverts simply to avoid being accused of not following due hiring procedures.

What is your comment on this?

germainebull

Referrals: 22
ForumCoin: 401

Re: 'For the sake' job adverts

Postby skysnap » 12 Jan 2017, 12:24

Yes. That is true.

In IT industry most of the candidates are personally approached and chosen. However as the recruitment and process is tax exempt. So they spend money on it and do the formality.

Often due to the nepotism and bias of choosing the rankers in university, they may already choose the guy or gal. But do the formality of the recruitment for the sake of it

Another fake recruitment is from the people of coaching institute and the training institutes. theese are done to show candidates that you're doing something wrong and problem lies with you. In reality they have already chosen the people to hire.

You may also find that some of the time they hire low cost employee on per hour basis. and get tax deduction through that. also this way they can avoid hiring by making same person work for two peoples job.

skysnap

ForumCoin: 787

Postby germainebull » 13 Jan 2017, 08:36

I should say this is a super frustrating situation for job seekers. It is very painful for someone to spend his/her time submitting an application that will not be considered.

germainebull

Postby chikitta » 13 Jan 2017, 18:47

Job adverts are usually just a formality but in the real sense people are already picked by the time the advert is out. That is very annoying just wasting people's time.

chikitta

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 397

Postby Angie10 » 13 Jan 2017, 18:56

Sadly, that's the general idea in Botswana. That's why I'm very selective about the jobs I apply for. I don't want to waste my time on these losers. I think it makes sense, I just wasn't aware it happens elsewhere in the world. There's just so much nepotism in Botswana, it's unreal!

Angie10

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 2,057

Postby germainebull » 14 Jan 2017, 12:33

Angie10 wrote:Sadly, that's the general idea in Botswana. That's why I'm very selective about the jobs I apply for. I don't want to waste my time on these losers. I think it makes sense, I just wasn't aware it happens elsewhere in the world. There's just so much nepotism in Botswana, it's unreal!

Nepotism, tribalism, ... name it. Kenya is reeling under these and many other vices. This is why relatives of prominent politicians have several jobs while millions of equally qualified citizens are unemployed.

germainebull

Postby Angie10 » 14 Jan 2017, 17:09

germainebull wrote:
Angie10 wrote:Sadly, that's the general idea in Botswana. That's why I'm very selective about the jobs I apply for. I don't want to waste my time on these losers. I think it makes sense, I just wasn't aware it happens elsewhere in the world. There's just so much nepotism in Botswana, it's unreal!

Nepotism, tribalism, ... name it. Kenya is reeling under these and many other vices. This is why relatives of prominent politicians have several jobs while millions of equally qualified citizens are unemployed.

It makes my blood boil! But it's frustrating because there's not much we can do about it, is there? Nobody seems to care about merit anymore, as long as you know someone in high places, you're in!! That's why some countries just don't get anywhere. There's not much productivity because some of the people with the 'connections' are employed into roles they just aren't equipped to effectively execute!!

Angie10

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 2,057

Return to General Chat - Off Topic