ForumCoin Special Offer: .info Domain for only 60 ForumCoin Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
You know you want to!

what is america coming to?

Postby liveonline » 07 Jan 2017, 09:47

I just can't understand why things are going on like they are with people just killing innocent people
just cause they feel the need or think they need to, what has become of the CIVIL AMERICAN PEOPLE?


It has put us on HIGH alert every time we think about enjoying everyday life, taking trips or shopping or
just going out to dinner somewhere, there's the thought of who's out there that's going to go off on us.

People I hate to say this but we are in a real threat of our lives & need to really be aware of where we
go & what we do & who's around us at ALL TIMES no matter where we are or what we're doing now days.

A lot of us have gotten where we don't even pay attention to the news which isn't a GOOD
thing to do now that the threat of our lives are at stake every single day we wake up or go
to bed, the good ole days are gone.
  • 0

Last edited by liveonline on 08 Jan 2017, 01:04, edited 1 time in total.
liveonline
 
Posts: 141
Referrals: 1
Reputation: 30
ForumCoin: 146

Re: what is america coming to?

Postby sprite1950 » 07 Jan 2017, 10:06

Yes the shootings in the US would definitely worry me. In the UK the gun laws are tight although we have our share of other crimes, just not many shootings.

I do watch the news and I am more concerned at the way Trump is behaving at the moment. Even the Vice President Joe Biden has told him to grow up. How on earth will this end? :cry:
  • 0

User avatar
sprite1950
 
Posts: 3,722
Location: UK
Referrals: 3
Reputation: 696
ForumCoin: 2,232

Re: what is america coming to?

Postby liveonline » 08 Jan 2017, 01:03

@ sprite1950 then your somewhat in a safe environment I would say other
than the other violence that goes on in your area. yes it DOES worry me a LOT
on how this will ever be fixed or what's next to happen till trump does something.

I really hope SOMETHING can & WILL be done & soon VERY SOON by SOMEONE.
  • 0

liveonline
 
Posts: 141
Referrals: 1
Reputation: 30
ForumCoin: 146

Re: what is america coming to?

Postby morgoodie » 08 Jan 2017, 01:34

Seems that this could have been prevented possibly if they police had taken away his gun when he was in Alaska and told authorities that he was hearing voices telling him to watch ISIS videos. Why would they have let him go with his gun? Makes no sense to me. My prayers go out to all the people affected by this tragedy.
  • 1

User avatar
morgoodie
 
Posts: 2,514
Location: USA
Reputation: 314
ForumCoin: 446

Re: what is america coming to?

Postby ceci » 08 Jan 2017, 03:18

I have no ideas too, Gold bless the world!
  • 0

User avatar
ceci
 
Posts: 1,394
Reputation: 45
ForumCoin: 349

Re: what is america coming to?

Postby germainebull » 08 Jan 2017, 08:57

I guess these are the symptoms of deep-seated social, economic, and political problems. Take the case of the war veteran who shot victims at an airport recently. This man may have been suffering from PTSD that the government may not be interested in addressing.

I recently read a non-fiction book titled 'Thank you for your service'. This novel shows that many american soldiers sustained serious emotional and mental ailments after serving in Iraq and other Asian nations. Tragically, the US government is usually more intent on continuing these wars than on treating its soldiers.
  • 0

User avatar
germainebull
 
Posts: 3,632
Referrals: 29
Reputation: 265
ForumCoin: 595

Re: what is america coming to?

Postby liveonline » 09 Jan 2017, 02:00

@ morgoodie yeah, I heard all that but like they said he presented NO THREATS

@ ceci AMEN, we need some SERIOUS prayers.

@ germainebull seems like there's a LOT of case's that's been coming up
like that & being he had ISSUES why didn't his parents tell SOMEONE that's where
IF YOU SEE OR KNOW OR HEAR something say SOMETHING comes in but they didn't.
  • 0

liveonline
 
Posts: 141
Referrals: 1
Reputation: 30
ForumCoin: 146

Re: what is america coming to?

Postby germainebull » 11 Jan 2017, 08:44

liveonline wrote:@ germainebull seems like there's a LOT of case's that's been coming up
like that & being he had ISSUES why didn't his parents tell SOMEONE that's where
IF YOU SEE OR KNOW OR HEAR something say SOMETHING comes in but they didn't.


The matter may be more complicated than you think. Think of it: Perhaps this gunman was able to conceal his mental/emotional problems from his family successfully?
  • 0

User avatar
germainebull
 
Posts: 3,632
Referrals: 29
Reputation: 265
ForumCoin: 595

Re: what is america coming to?

Postby thisnthat » 11 Jan 2017, 22:14

germainebull wrote:I guess these are the symptoms of deep-seated social, economic, and political problems. Take the case of the war veteran who shot victims at an airport recently. This man may have been suffering from PTSD that the government may not be interested in addressing.

I recently read a non-fiction book titled 'Thank you for your service'. This novel shows that many american soldiers sustained serious emotional and mental ailments after serving in Iraq and other Asian nations. Tragically, the US government is usually more intent on continuing these wars than on treating its soldiers.


I just read today that they want to change the name from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder to Post Traumatic Stress Injury. The idea is that then maybe this issue will be taken as seriously as a physical injury would be and that it requires attention and immediate treatment.

While I'm not usually big on the name changing/redefining kind of stuff, in this case I think maybe it's worth a try.
  • 0

User avatar
thisnthat
 
Posts: 3,317
Reputation: 664
ForumCoin: 303

Re: what is america coming to?

Postby morgoodie » 12 Jan 2017, 00:16

That won't help since many people don't pay attention to the names of things. It is still going to have the same apathy towards anything like this. Just the fact that he went to the FBI and told them about what was happening to him which they had to turn him over to the local police department because they don't have jurisdiction when it comes to committing someone to the hospital for psychiatric evaluation. Maybe they need to change that since this incidence happened.

Maybe authorities should have some psychological training so they know what to do when things like this come up. There just isn't enough education when it comes to mental issues and since there is such a stigma related to mental issues it makes people want to just brush them off.

I was watching a show that was talking about the shooting that took place in Texas in 1966 and the guy had actually told a doctor that he was going to go to the place and shoot people at the university. The doctor never alerted authorities. It makes me think that people just want to sweep things under the rug and maybe it will go away.

It is just sad all away around.
  • 0

User avatar
morgoodie
 
Posts: 2,514
Location: USA
Reputation: 314
ForumCoin: 446

Re: what is america coming to?

Postby thisnthat » 12 Jan 2017, 15:05

I don't think I'd want the average cop deciding whether or not people were mentally stable. That label can ruin your life, and even if it's inaccurate, the stigma will still not go away. They can already turn someone over for psychological evaluation if necessary.

Someone did drop the ball, but giving the government more power is never my "go to" response.
  • 0

User avatar
thisnthat
 
Posts: 3,317
Reputation: 664
ForumCoin: 303

Re: what is america coming to?

Postby germainebull » 14 Jan 2017, 12:39

thisnthat wrote:I just read today that they want to change the name from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder to Post Traumatic Stress Injury. The idea is that then maybe this issue will be taken as seriously as a physical injury would be and that it requires attention and immediate treatment.

While I'm not usually big on the name changing/redefining kind of stuff, in this case I think maybe it's worth a try.


Let is hope that this proposed name change will cause policymakers and politicians to finally acknowledge that PTSD is a disease that needs to be treated, especially among soldiers.

Remember, in 'Thank you for your service', the author explains that whenever a soldier was injured while in Iraq, commanders were more focused on treating and returning him/her to the battle than on addressing any mental injuries. This proposed name change may cause managers to investigate and manage mental injuries in such cases.
  • 0

User avatar
germainebull
 
Posts: 3,632
Referrals: 29
Reputation: 265
ForumCoin: 595

Re: what is america coming to?

Postby thisnthat » 17 Jan 2017, 20:07

germainebull wrote:
thisnthat wrote:I just read today that they want to change the name from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder to Post Traumatic Stress Injury. The idea is that then maybe this issue will be taken as seriously as a physical injury would be and that it requires attention and immediate treatment.

While I'm not usually big on the name changing/redefining kind of stuff, in this case I think maybe it's worth a try.


Let is hope that this proposed name change will cause policymakers and politicians to finally acknowledge that PTSD is a disease that needs to be treated, especially among soldiers.

Remember, in 'Thank you for your service', the author explains that whenever a soldier was injured while in Iraq, commanders were more focused on treating and returning him/her to the battle than on addressing any mental injuries. This proposed name change may cause managers to investigate and manage mental injuries in such cases.


Well, I have my doubts, and I understand the point Morgoodie is making. I just hope it will help at least some people to see the issue in a different light. It might (or might not) be a good change, but even if it is good, it isn't enough on its own. More needs to be done to help those who make great sacrifices for this country.
  • 0

User avatar
thisnthat
 
Posts: 3,317
Reputation: 664
ForumCoin: 303

Re: what is america coming to?

Postby chikitta » 18 Jan 2017, 11:33

It looks like shootings, killings and crimes of all nature have become part of our lives nowadays. It's like we are living in the end times so much evil is going on everywhere. God needs to heal our lands.
  • 0

chikitta
 
Posts: 2,763
Referrals: 1
Reputation: 121
ForumCoin: 44

Re: what is america coming to?

Postby amitkokiladitya » 20 Jan 2017, 06:34

I hear varied responses about what is the future of USA. especially now when Donald Trump is the new president elect.
  • 0

amitkokiladitya
 
Posts: 268
Reputation: 15
ForumCoin: 229

Next

Return to General Chat - Off Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: skysnap and 1 guest

Reputation System ©'