ForumCoin Special Offer: .info Domain for only 60 ForumCoin Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
You know you want to!

Taking Some Time Off

Postby oldfriend » 05 Jan 2017, 16:53

I decided to slow down a little more this year.

I turned 70 last November and the wife will will be 80 this year.

I know this is hard to imagine if you are younger. However, my mind and desires are that of a 25 year old but my body is that of a 70 year old.

Also, what was important at 25 is not so much at 70.

I am happy, safe, and financially secure and my wife and I enjoy each other very much.

I know I am on the "downhill" side of life but actually do not care or want to go back in time for any reason.

Just having a good time now.

So you may not see my posts as often but I am not far away. (Probably just taking a nap)

I am training to start driving a school bus. I am over half way through the training and will probably start driving in a couple of weeks.

Oldfriend

oldfriend

ForumCoin: 725

Re: Taking Some Time Off

Postby chikitta » 05 Jan 2017, 17:06

Hey oldfriend congratulations 70 is a mile and it shows that God has been faithful this far. I pray that he will add more life and strength to go even further. It is understandable that right now when we don't see you quite often enjoy this free time.

chikitta

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 79

Postby liveonline » 05 Jan 2017, 18:24

:thumbup: don't feel bad about how old you are & how you feel with it I'm going on 60
& have a 70 yr old husband & would not change it for the world after 30 yrs of marriage.

I know our age has a way of changing our way of acting or living & thinking over time
but I look at it this way your as young or old as you feel I'm going on 60 but feel like 30.

liveonline

ForumCoin: 146

Postby morgoodie » 05 Jan 2017, 18:53

At your age, you deserve to take it easy and slow down to enjoy the important things in life. I wish you luck with driving a school bus and hope it works well for you. Your posts will be missed but I hope you have some really good naps. Naps are always a nice feature of the day. :D

morgoodie

ForumCoin: 480

Postby sprite1950 » 06 Jan 2017, 07:23

Driving a school bus is something I could never do .. I'm bad enough in my little Hyundai! I'm sure you will enjoy it and although you may not be here as much I hope you will pop in and see us sometimes :)

sprite1950

Referrals: 4
ForumCoin: 425

Postby Angie10 » 06 Jan 2017, 19:39

Wow oldfriend, you clearly love life and want to carry on enjoying it.....good for you! I hope that when I get to your age, I have half as much energy as you. I also hope you succeed at learning how to drive the school bus and enjoy it too. I think it's really sweet how you always let the community know when you need a little break :) Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Angie10

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 280

Postby germainebull » 07 Jan 2017, 07:51

How I wish I could reach your ripe old age!
Congrats are in order oldbuddy!

All the best in your new job. I guess you are gonna be keener than younger bus drivers.

germainebull

Referrals: 30
ForumCoin: 100

Postby sprite1950 » 07 Jan 2017, 07:56

germainebull wrote:How I wish I could reach your ripe old age!
Congrats are in order oldbuddy!

All the best in your new job. I guess you are gonna be keener than younger bus drivers.

You know it's strange. None of us like the thought of growing old but it really is a privilege when you consider the number of people who die when they are young and never get the chance to experience the many life events which may have been open to them. I'm 66 but consider myself lucky to have got this far in life because as the saying goes 'tomorrow is not promised'.

sprite1950

Referrals: 4
ForumCoin: 425

Postby theMARKER » 11 Jan 2017, 07:14

I never thought of myself retiring. I don't know.. I just can't go on living without working or doing nothing when i get old. I can only name 2 things that i like/love to do now and i don't think i wanna be doing these 2 things everyday when i get there.

A super belated happy birthday, by the way. :) Learning how to drive a school bus is interesting. I hope i can come up with something like that when i'm 70(that if i reach 70)..

theMARKER

ForumCoin: 55

Postby oldbuddy » 11 Jan 2017, 23:41

Angie10 wrote: I hope that when I get to your age, I have half as much energy as you.

Yeah, I can vouch for the fact it takes a lot of energy to take all those naps. Hang in there buddy, it gets easier every year,

How I Conquered The Problem On Clixsense
Of Losing Focus WHILE VIEWING ADS So I Couldn't Multitask!
CICK HERE to see my SIMPLE BUT ELEGANT SOLUTION!
oldbuddy

Referrals: 23
ForumCoin: 168

Postby TeacherAngel » 12 Jan 2017, 06:25

Enjoy! Good luck with your endeavors! :)

TeacherAngel

ForumCoin: 859

Postby Novelangel » 12 Jan 2017, 12:34

Congratulations on your new job training. I hope it doesn't get too stressful for you, as school bus driving can be a high stress job. 70 is still very young these days, not old at all, and I hope that you enjoy the new changes in your life. :D

Novelangel

ForumCoin: 66

Postby peachpurple » 12 Jan 2017, 16:18

wow, 70 and 80 are my parents age.... They feel you know weak but refused to be laid down on the bed all day.... so my dad does the household chores to keep fit

peachpurple

ForumCoin: 386

Return to General Chat - Off Topic