ForumCoin Special Offer: .info Domain for only 60 ForumCoin Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
You know you want to!

Re: What are you having for dinner tonight?

Postby cessy_08 » 28 Sep 2016, 17:58

We are finishing some leftovers from the past days. Been eating out since we had a guest and we always have some takeaways to bring home. So we will finish off some of those :)

Visit my personal travel and food blog! Grab a ticket for a bite around the globe with me!
Drop by LiteracyBase to read articles coming from various authors from around the world.
Expats for expats! Visit ExpatPost!
Hotel and flight bookings made easy with Kaligo.
Get 10% off buying from BornPrettyStore! Use SHASX31 code upon checkout!
cessy_08

ForumCoin: 1,098

Postby sprite1950 » 29 Sep 2016, 06:30

Tonight we are having Macaroni Cheese and veg. It is one of my granddaughter's favourite meals .. well not the veg part but she likes anything cheesy.

sprite1950

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 1,870

Postby thisnthat » 29 Sep 2016, 16:31

I'm going to make a big batch of chicken tortilla soup, per my husband's request. Last time, I only made a little, and it was so good that we wanted more. I just learned a new recipe for it, so now that I know it's good, I'll make more of it.

thisnthat

ForumCoin: 151

Postby theMARKER » 23 Oct 2016, 02:03

i didn't eat dinner last night (well, not until 4:00 after i woke up this morning).. they had grilled meat, white rice plus durian.. i've been eating leftover these last few days. :cry:

theMARKER

ForumCoin: 55

Postby ceci » 23 Oct 2016, 04:20

We have a dinner invitation tonight, in fact there are two, one is wedding dinner another one is a family re-union dinner, thus we have to split into two teams and attend different dinner at different places.

ceci

ForumCoin: 954

Postby theMARKER » 27 Oct 2016, 00:48

we had buttered shrimps last night. it was my sister who cooked it for me for the first time(she didn't eat). it tasted sweet and different but good.

theMARKER

Postby thisnthat » 11 Jan 2017, 22:10

I was wondering where this thread had gone. Come on people, share what your having (so I can get more ideas!) :D

Tonight, I'm making a new recipe: Garlic chicken with cilantro and lime sauce. It smells so good right now (I hope it tastes good too, and that everyone else in my family likes it).

Do you like to cook and experiment with new recipes, or do you find yourself eating the same thing most of the time?

thisnthat

Postby sprite1950 » 12 Jan 2017, 00:43

I had lamb steaks, mashed potato and garden peas. They were quite tasty although I could taste mixed herbs which I hate so I don't know if I will buy them again. People can never understand why I don't like mixed herbs but I just never have.

sprite1950

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 1,870

Postby TeacherAngel » 12 Jan 2017, 06:22

We will probably have the leftover chicken adobo from lunch.

TeacherAngel

ForumCoin: 671

Postby Ldynjeans » 12 Jan 2017, 06:27

My mom and I cooked for the military veterans tonight. We had roasted pork loin, noodles with alfredo sauce, cole slaw and pineapple cheesecake for dessert. It was pretty good stuff :)

Ldynjeans

ForumCoin: 218

Postby theMARKER » 12 Jan 2017, 09:41

I'm having crispy fried fish tonight with a spicy sauce. There's pork adobo but i prefer fish tonight.

theMARKER

Postby Novelangel » 12 Jan 2017, 12:29

Because of my husband's work schedule, we have our big meal at lunchtime, so I think today I'll keep it simple and make sausage burgers with fresh sweet peppers and pickles as toppings. The side will be white rice with peppers, and orange slices, (a taste experiment that worked) spiced with salt, pepper and a hint of cinnamon. (Again, it works)

Novelangel

ForumCoin: 66

Postby suny » 12 Jan 2017, 14:18

I have nothing special but almost our normal dishes. We shall have Fried Potato, Dal Fry, curd and mango pickle with plain chapati.

suny

Referrals: 8
ForumCoin: 309

Postby thisnthat » 12 Jan 2017, 15:09

It sounds like everyone had a good meal. :D

My recipe turned out okay. The sauce was very tasty, but I didn't feel like the chicken benefited much from it just being on top. I ended up shredding it and mixing it into the sauce. That was better. Would be good over rice or something. I didn't want the added carbs, so I just ate it on its own.

thisnthat

Postby Collinberg » 12 Jan 2017, 15:32

I would be cooking rice and tomato sauce for dinner,it's one of my favourite meals and I can eat it anytime :mrgreen:

Collinberg

Referrals: 6
ForumCoin: 355

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat - Off Topic