ForumCoin Special Offer: .info Domain for only 60 ForumCoin Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
You know you want to!

Re: What are you having for dinner tonight?

Postby dasok » 02 Sep 2016, 14:38

Same as always. One cup Brown Rice, One chicken Breast, and 2/3 cup of mixed vegetables.

dasok

ForumCoin: 3

Postby spiderdust » 04 Sep 2016, 04:30

We had homemade tacos for dinner. I found several boxes of of taco shells at the discount grocery store, plus I had some taco seasoning and some ground turkey in the freezer, so I only had to pick up some lettuce and tomatoes (I didn't have any left in the garden). It went over pretty well -- some of the kids had 5 tacos each! :o

spiderdust

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 245

Postby sprite1950 » 04 Sep 2016, 07:51

I went to a wedding yesterday and the food was amazing. I ate until I felt sick so today I think I will have something healthy, maybe a plate of veg. I actually like veg with a sprinkling of cheese over the top, makes a tasty meal.

sprite1950

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 1,868

Postby cessy_08 » 05 Sep 2016, 07:40

The day just started for us over here but we will more likely have some beef yakisoba for dinner. I want to use the bean sprouts I bought from the Asian groceries ASAP before it gets watery :lol:

Visit my personal travel and food blog! Grab a ticket for a bite around the globe with me!
Drop by LiteracyBase to read articles coming from various authors from around the world.
Expats for expats! Visit ExpatPost!
Hotel and flight bookings made easy with Kaligo.
Get 10% off buying from BornPrettyStore! Use SHASX31 code upon checkout!
cessy_08

ForumCoin: 1,098

Postby sprite1950 » 05 Sep 2016, 08:18

Today my granddaughter went back to school after the summer holidays so she will be having a healthy school dinner today. I think that's a good enough excuse to have pizza and garlic bread tonight as I know she will be tired after her first day back.

sprite1950

Postby Jantyj » 05 Sep 2016, 09:54

I'm having a salad. My favourite food. Plus homemade bread made from stoneground wholewheat flour. Fruit and yoghurt for dessert.

Jantyj

ForumCoin: 299

Postby spiderdust » 05 Sep 2016, 17:02

As it's a "barbecuing holiday" around here, I'm making burgers and baked beans with salad for dinner tonight. Maybe I'll scrub some potatoes and put them on the grill too.

spiderdust

Postby cessy_08 » 06 Sep 2016, 10:29

spiderdust wrote:As it's a "barbecuing holiday" around here, I'm making burgers and baked beans with salad for dinner tonight. Maybe I'll scrub some potatoes and put them on the grill too.

Ooh, a real barbie is great! :D I also do it here using an electric grill or the oven but the taste is different - never the same as charcoal grilling! I use a liquid "smoke flavor" but not enough to pack the punch :( The real deal is still the best!

Visit my personal travel and food blog! Grab a ticket for a bite around the globe with me!
Drop by LiteracyBase to read articles coming from various authors from around the world.
Expats for expats! Visit ExpatPost!
Hotel and flight bookings made easy with Kaligo.
Get 10% off buying from BornPrettyStore! Use SHASX31 code upon checkout!
cessy_08

ForumCoin: 1,098

Postby suny » 06 Sep 2016, 10:34

Let me tell you about our dinner tonight that will be in about 6 hours from now. My wife just informed me that she is going to serve the same vegetables that she prepared in noon. Lots of leftover I guess :lolno:

suny

Referrals: 8
ForumCoin: 302

Postby oldbuddy » 06 Sep 2016, 12:53

cessy_08 wrote:
spiderdust wrote:As it's a "barbecuing holiday" around here, I'm making burgers and baked beans with salad for dinner tonight. Maybe I'll scrub some potatoes and put them on the grill too.

Ooh, a real barbie is great! :D I also do it here using an electric grill or the oven but the taste is different - never the same as charcoal grilling! I use a liquid "smoke flavor" but not enough to pack the punch :( The real deal is still the best!

All of those are attempts at duplicating the real smoke flavor of a hardwood fire, but fall short . I use a Traeger Hardwood Pellet Grill and anything that comes out of it is real smoked flavor.

How I Conquered The Problem On Clixsense
Of Losing Focus WHILE VIEWING ADS So I Couldn't Multitask!
CICK HERE to see my SIMPLE BUT ELEGANT SOLUTION!
oldbuddy

Referrals: 23
ForumCoin: 419

Postby sprite1950 » 06 Sep 2016, 16:02

As I went for a meal with my friend earlier I wont be eating much tonight. I had lasagne with garlic bread and salad so I will probably just have a sandwich later.

sprite1950

Postby spiderdust » 06 Sep 2016, 16:38

oldbuddy wrote:All of those are attempts at duplicating the real smoke flavor of a hardwood fire, but fall short . I use a Traeger Hardwood Pellet Grill and anything that comes out of it is real smoked flavor.

That's what I've got too! Did you get yours at Costco or somewhere else? I'm thinking about making either our Thanksgiving or Christmas turkey on it this year. I've made some really good pork roasts on it, slow smoked all day.

spiderdust

Postby haripriyavkl » 06 Sep 2016, 16:53

I had chilli chappathi. One of my favorite dish and she made that after a very long time. Yummy :)

haripriyavkl

ForumCoin: 928

Postby MeowsePad » 07 Sep 2016, 01:11

I had a big salad for dinner. I'm trying to be relatively easy on my stomach. x_x I've had an upset stomach quite often recently.

MeowsePad
Community Moderator

ForumCoin: 56

Postby ceci » 07 Sep 2016, 02:03

I love this questions as I am the dinner preparer at home. To me, I personally would like to skip dinner or just take a cup of oat for dieting.
However, still have prepare them the Chinese dishes for diner, 2 dishes and 1 soup as usual.

ceci

ForumCoin: 940

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat - Off Topic