ForumCoin Special Offer: .info Domain for only 60 ForumCoin Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
Webmaster forum. Website development, design & management. Graphic design. Blog / Forum Set-up, Management, Admin & News

Domain registered in the name of webdesigner

Postby niche » 02 Jan 2017, 01:25

An agency has a client whose web designer is not cooperating and the domain is registered in the name of the webdesigner instead of the client. What is the best way for the client to get control of the domain name of their website , as they have promoted the website extensively. Have you come across similar cases of domain hijacking?

niche
Banned

ForumCoin: 936

Re: Domain registered in the name of webdesigner

Postby oldbuddy » 02 Jan 2017, 16:29

niche wrote:An agency has a client whose web designer is not cooperating and the domain is registered in the name of the webdesigner instead of the client. What is the best way for the client to get control of the domain name of their website , as they have promoted the website extensively. Have you come across similar cases of domain hijacking?

If they are not cooperating, I am afraid you could be looking at an expensive legal battle that could take a long time to resolve. The best way is don't let anyone else control your domain name from the start.

How I Conquered The Problem On Clixsense
Of Losing Focus WHILE VIEWING ADS So I Couldn't Multitask!
CICK HERE to see my SIMPLE BUT ELEGANT SOLUTION!
oldbuddy

Referrals: 23
ForumCoin: 416

Postby niche » 02 Jan 2017, 21:44

An ad agency wanted advice for their client in Goa who appear to have got an expensive website developed by their website designer, yet the domain name is registered in the name of the website designer , who is not providing good service.

niche
Banned

Postby oldbuddy » 03 Jan 2017, 03:36

niche wrote:An ad agency wanted advice for their client in Goa who appear to have got an expensive website developed by their website designer, yet the domain name is registered in the name of the website designer , who is not providing good service.

It doesn't do much good to try and close the barn door after the horse already got out.

How I Conquered The Problem On Clixsense
Of Losing Focus WHILE VIEWING ADS So I Couldn't Multitask!
CICK HERE to see my SIMPLE BUT ELEGANT SOLUTION!
oldbuddy

Referrals: 23
ForumCoin: 416

Postby skysnap » 03 Jan 2017, 06:14

Legal way seems to be the only way for him or her to get the domain out of the hands of the web designer. If the domain is registered by the designer then he may show legal approval.

skysnap

ForumCoin: 787

Postby jacktheking » 03 Jan 2017, 12:49

The client should be more caution when purchasing a domain and hiring a web designer. I have never or know anyone who have encounter this problem before. I think that the logical thing that the client should do now is to ask the web designer what do web designer wants so that the domain can be released. If it is non negotiable, I think that the most powerful steps is to spread words saying the domain is "whatever". A domain with spoil reputation means nothing.

If the client have controls over the website social medai, then he or she can post something on it.

jacktheking

ForumCoin: 105

Postby niche » 06 Jan 2017, 02:03

In India, most people do not know anything about websites, domain names and registering the domain names in their own name. The web designer is taking advantage of the ignorance of the client, to register the domain name in their own name and then exploiting them , stealing leads

niche
Banned

Postby Angie10 » 08 Jan 2017, 13:47

Wow, sounds like a nasty piece of work! The poor customer probably didn't have a clue until it was too late, and really I'm also wondering if the legal way is the only way forward for him. But the question is, does he have the money to take it to the courts? Probably not. But karma will come and bite that web designer on the backside.

Angie10

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 2,057

Return to Webmaster Questions, Discussion & News