ForumCoin Special Offer: .info Domain for only 60 ForumCoin Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
Webmaster forum. Website development, design & management. Graphic design. Blog / Forum Set-up, Management, Admin & News

Christmas (website)

Postby Sam » 13 Dec 2016, 19:39

What things are you doing for Christmas on your website/ blog? Have you put up a special theme/ logo? Or perhaps you've discounted some products? Or maybe you're running a giveaway?

:wave:
Sam
Community Moderator

Referrals: 11
ForumCoin: 1,454

Re: Christmas (website)

Postby Angie10 » 13 Dec 2016, 19:57

I'm just about to launch mine, so it'll only be up within a couple of days of it going live. We're going with a Christmas message banner. My husband and I have already worked on the theme ready to go :)

Angie10

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 2,106

Postby germainebull » 15 Dec 2016, 14:17

Angie10 wrote:I'm just about to launch mine, so it'll only be up within a couple of days of it going live. We're going with a Christmas message banner. My husband and I have already worked on the theme ready to go :)

This is good news! I hope you'll call upon the forumcoin team to extend any needed help to your site.

germainebull

Referrals: 25
ForumCoin: 730

Postby chikitta » 16 Dec 2016, 18:38

Thats nice Angie congratulations i wish you all the best. As for me i do not have a blog and wont be having one anytime soon.

chikitta

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 26

Postby oldbuddy » 16 Dec 2016, 23:35

I had not thought of that ( since my blog is strictly about making money), but it might be a welcome gesture. I will shoot a video with a Santa hat on.

How I Conquered The Problem On Clixsense
Of Losing Focus WHILE VIEWING ADS So I Couldn't Multitask!
CICK HERE to see my SIMPLE BUT ELEGANT SOLUTION!
oldbuddy

Referrals: 23
ForumCoin: 426

Postby germainebull » 17 Dec 2016, 05:42

oldbuddy wrote:I had not thought of that ( since my blog is strictly about making money), but it might be a welcome gesture. I will shoot a video with a Santa hat on.

This gesture will inevitably make your visitors happy. Who knows, it may even garner you more sales.

germainebull

Referrals: 25
ForumCoin: 730

Postby tpicks » 18 Dec 2016, 12:46

Good idea I think, would have been interested in some special deals for the Christmas. On my site I'm still putting some finishing touches

tpicks

ForumCoin: 183

Postby CyberFreak » 26 Dec 2016, 10:35

I don't usually bother. It can be nice but from experience can be problematic if you do too much such as falling snow etc. It can freeze browsers of some users on old hardware and/or using outdated browsers like IE. As I can not make graphics/logos etc, getting even a Christmas banner/logo made is time consuming and really I don't think it is worthwhile.

CyberFreak
Tech Admin

Referrals: 12
ForumCoin: 46,403

Postby jacktheking » 26 Dec 2016, 11:18

I wanted to have a lowered timer for my lottery network but ... I forgot to enable it.

jacktheking

ForumCoin: 105

Postby fistsworn » 26 Dec 2016, 12:08

Actually nothing :p Christmass is a Holliday I prefer takin' it as a Brake for multiple reasons.
Too much orders that coupled with the courrier strike would make me loose more money from refunds and complaints here :(

fistsworn

ForumCoin: 91

Postby oldbuddy » 26 Dec 2016, 16:01

CyberFreak wrote:I don't usually bother. It can be nice but from experience can be problematic if you do too much such as falling snow etc. It can freeze browsers of some users on old hardware and/or using outdated browsers like IE. As I can not make graphics/logos etc, getting even a Christmas banner/logo made is time consuming and really I don't think it is worthwhile.

For future reference, the simple way around most of those problems is to use a free copy of Libre Office Writer to create a PDF letter and get free graphics you can use anywhere from Pixabay.com.

How I Conquered The Problem On Clixsense
Of Losing Focus WHILE VIEWING ADS So I Couldn't Multitask!
CICK HERE to see my SIMPLE BUT ELEGANT SOLUTION!
oldbuddy

Referrals: 23
ForumCoin: 426

Postby jampabhai » 26 Dec 2016, 16:45

i do not have a website so done nothing.

jampabhai

Referrals: 9
ForumCoin: 8

Postby Angie10 » 08 Jan 2017, 13:49

germainebull wrote:
Angie10 wrote:I'm just about to launch mine, so it'll only be up within a couple of days of it going live. We're going with a Christmas message banner. My husband and I have already worked on the theme ready to go :)

This is good news! I hope you'll call upon the forumcoin team to extend any needed help to your site.

Thanks, germainebull....I was actually about to put together a post, but not sure where to even start LOL I guess I'll work it out :)

--- 08 Jan 2017, 13:50 ---

chikitta wrote:Thats nice Angie congratulations i wish you all the best. As for me i do not have a blog and wont be having one anytime soon.

Thank you very much, chikitta....so sorry I just saw this, I wasn't being rude at all. Much appreciated :)

Angie10

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 2,106

Return to Webmaster Questions, Discussion & News