ForumCoin Special Offer: .info Domain for only 60 ForumCoin Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
Webmaster forum. Website development, design & management. Graphic design. Blog / Forum Set-up, Management, Admin & News

Do you read between the lines?

Postby remnant » 20 Nov 2016, 09:25

When most people come across online earning websites, they don't read the policies, terms and conditions which might cause complications later on. You might make a mistake which you regret later when you reach the laboured cashout stage when you are informed that you have not met their stated terms and conditions.

remnant

ForumCoin: 430

Re: Do you read between the lines?

Postby chikitta » 20 Nov 2016, 14:12

This sounds just like the same post that you posted earlier about reading between the lines but to answer it has I do.

chikitta

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 457

Postby sprite1950 » 21 Nov 2016, 07:06

You mean reading terms and conditions? I must admit I only skim over them but luckily it hasn't caused any long term problems for me. It's more likely that I will get bored with a site, realise the earnings are too slow and leave before I run into anything serious.

sprite1950

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 1,868

Postby Decentlady » 21 Nov 2016, 07:16

I don't even skim over them at times to be honest. They are too long and boring and most are the same in all the sites with few twists and turns.

Hopefully, I shall not be a victim of such a fine print as long as collegues like those on FC exists!

Decentlady

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 502

Postby suny » 21 Nov 2016, 08:24

That was whay I had started a forum thread asking "Do you ask everything in forums?" I wanted to know whether you read the FAQ of a site properly which saves you from disappointment at a later stage.

suny

Referrals: 8
ForumCoin: 302

Postby nakitakona » 21 Nov 2016, 13:38

"Read between the lines" is an idiomatic expression which means "understand someone's real feelings or intentions from what they say or write". When we are talking about the terms and conditions of a certain online job, we have to know the actual result if we follow them or if we won't. You are right for failing to do it we regret later. And that is actually happening to everyone of us, especially the newbies.

nakitakona

Referrals: 3
ForumCoin: 700

Postby germainebull » 05 Dec 2016, 13:44

I don't usually 'have the time' to read all that fine print that constitutes Ts&Cs. This is because I can usually read summarized overviews of these Ts&Cs elsewhere.

germainebull

Referrals: 24
ForumCoin: 417

Postby rchas » 08 Dec 2016, 05:52

The longer the T and C the more weasel room they have and all the more reason to go through it- but most of us don't! Try reading the mobile phone contracts some time ( in small font and light grey on tissue paper - in the old days!) :D

rchas

ForumCoin: 21

Postby germainebull » 10 Dec 2016, 08:12

rchas wrote:The longer the T and C the more weasel room they have and all the more reason to go through it- but most of us don't! Try reading the mobile phone contracts some time ( in small font and light grey on tissue paper - in the old days!) :D

True. I sometimes wonder why T&Cs have to be so lengthy and in very fine print. I guess it is because they are usually written by lawyers who are naturally evasive.

germainebull

Postby peachpurple » 07 Jan 2017, 10:30

honestly, it is hard to read between the lines for every sites

But it is safe to be cautious, try to read the FAQ and the straight forward rules would be easier.

Not to mention, ask the community, they are very helpful.

Reading the lines , you need to use the magnifying glass

peachpurple

ForumCoin: 120

Postby Aveatrex » 14 Jan 2017, 23:31

The only TOS i have read is Paypal one cause i was frustated that i saw some bad reviews about it saying that there is a scam policy on their TOS.If i remenber well a website has put down a code on TOS and the first one who finds it get a reward.The first one that found it was only after 6 months of website being on.LOL.

Invest 5$ get 6$,with 0.01$ profit/day for each 5$ you invest,that means if you invest 500$ on adpacks you get your 500$ back +100$ profit=600$
All with payment proofs!Trusted ptc,Serious on netbuisnessrating
Join now!
Aveatrex

ForumCoin: 37

Postby liveonline » 15 Jan 2017, 02:39

that's the 1st thing I look for is the rules & everything about the site I'm on
cause I live online so I don't need no mishaps so I would say YES it's ALWAYS
safe to read up on what's going on than to be sorry later & be disappointed.

liveonline

ForumCoin: 126

Postby germainebull » 17 Jan 2017, 05:47

liveonline wrote:that's the 1st thing I look for is the rules & everything about the site I'm on
cause I live online so I don't need no mishaps so I would say YES it's ALWAYS
safe to read up on what's going on than to be sorry later & be disappointed.

It is always advisable to scrutinize a site's FAQs and T&Cs.

The rush to earn a quick buck nevertheless prevents us from performing these due process activities at times. This is when authentic reviews come in handy.

germainebull

Postby ivyparkgirl » 17 Jan 2017, 07:39

I try to read between the lines but it is hard.

ivyparkgirl

ForumCoin: 919

Return to Webmaster Questions, Discussion & News