ForumCoin Special Offer: .info Domain for only 60 ForumCoin Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
Webmaster forum. Website development, design & management. Graphic design. Blog / Forum Set-up, Management, Admin & News

FC bloggers - various methods of building traffic

Postby Angie10 » 08 Jan 2017, 15:20

I'm hoping to hear from those in the know, especially members who have their own blogs. As some of you will have noticed, my signature now bears a link to my newly launched blog.....yay, I finally did it!!

But of course, that's only half the battle **deep sigh**. As a complete newbie, I'm getting bogged down with the amount of stuff I need to get done to elevate my blog. Obviously, traffic is a must if any blog is to succeed. Could you please share what methods work for you here.

Whether it's amazing plug ins or social media platforms, I'd like to hear it.

TIA :)
  • 2

User avatar
Angie10
 
Posts: 5,413
Location: Gaborone, Botswana
Referrals: 2
Reputation: 1053
ForumCoin: 2,129

Re: FC bloggers - various methods of building traffic

Postby oldbuddy » 08 Jan 2017, 16:54

Angie10 wrote:I'm hoping to hear from those in the know, especially members who have their own blogs. As some of you will have noticed, my signature now bears a link to my newly launched blog.....yay, I finally did it!!

But of course, that's only half the battle **deep sigh**. As a complete newbie, I'm getting bogged down with the amount of stuff I need to get done to elevate my blog. Obviously, traffic is a must if any blog is to succeed. Could you please share what methods work for you here.

Whether it's amazing plug ins or social media platforms, I'd like to hear it.

TIA :)

The obvious answer is to get on the first few pages of Google for a search term that gets activity. I have a blog that discussed tips for a popular traffic exchange and I haven't made a post in MONTHS, but I still get about 1,000 unique visitors a month and some of them earn me commission by signing up from my link.
  • 1

How I Conquered The Problem On Clixsense
Of Losing Focus WHILE VIEWING ADS So I Couldn't Multitask!
CICK HERE to see my SIMPLE BUT ELEGANT SOLUTION!
User avatar
oldbuddy
 
Posts: 4,578
Location: Oregon, USA
Referrals: 23
Reputation: 937
ForumCoin: 427

Re: FC bloggers - various methods of building traffic

Postby Angie10 » 08 Jan 2017, 19:06

Thanks for your input, oldbuddy :) Please excuse my ignorance, but I take it unique visitors are new visitors who haven't been to the site before? Still trying to get my head around the lingo LOL
  • 0

User avatar
Angie10
 
Posts: 5,413
Location: Gaborone, Botswana
Referrals: 2
Reputation: 1053
ForumCoin: 2,129

Re: FC bloggers - various methods of building traffic

Postby oldbuddy » 09 Jan 2017, 02:11

Angie10 wrote:Thanks for your input, oldbuddy :) Please excuse my ignorance, but I take it unique visitors are new visitors who haven't been to the site before? Still trying to get my head around the lingo LOL

Actually I believe it's unique for the day, but either way it's a good thing.
  • 0

How I Conquered The Problem On Clixsense
Of Losing Focus WHILE VIEWING ADS So I Couldn't Multitask!
CICK HERE to see my SIMPLE BUT ELEGANT SOLUTION!
User avatar
oldbuddy
 
Posts: 4,578
Location: Oregon, USA
Referrals: 23
Reputation: 937
ForumCoin: 427

Re: FC bloggers - various methods of building traffic

Postby skysnap » 09 Jan 2017, 06:41

For me social media seems to be good. I am in process to get into mail marketing. But long way to go to show results as of yet. I think relying purely on SEO is worst method.
  • 0

User avatar
skysnap
 
Posts: 2,704
Reputation: 191
ForumCoin: 1,131

Re: FC bloggers - various methods of building traffic

Postby Decentlady » 09 Jan 2017, 08:18

I must say I am the worst of traffic attracters. Although I have found social media quite useful, it still doesn't give enough sustainable traffic in my opinion. For me, it spikes onky when I share and reshare or make a new post.

I am sure there are experts in here on this particular topic. I am going to keep my eyes hooked on this thread.

Congratulations! On the new blog.
  • 0

User avatar
Decentlady
 
Posts: 3,946
Referrals: 2
Reputation: 253
ForumCoin: 574

Re: FC bloggers - various methods of building traffic

Postby Angie10 » 09 Jan 2017, 16:37

skysnap wrote:For me social media seems to be good. I am in process to get into mail marketing. But long way to go to show results as of yet. I think relying purely on SEO is worst method.


Thanks for your response, skysnap :) Which social media platform works for you? I agree, this SEO business is not all its cracked up to be. I was surprised to see some expert bloggers even recommending keeping some of your blog entries short, when all you hear is that 1 000+ word articles are ideal for SEO!

Personally, long articles tend to bore me to tears, and I skip through chunks just to get to the end.

--- 09 Jan 2017, 16:40 ---

Decentlady wrote:I must say I am the worst of traffic attracters. Although I have found social media quite useful, it still doesn't give enough sustainable traffic in my opinion. For me, it spikes onky when I share and reshare or make a new post.

I am sure there are experts in here on this particular topic. I am going to keep my eyes hooked on this thread.

Congratulations! On the new blog.


Thanks, Decentlady :) Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by "it spikes onky"? I'm still getting to grips with all the terminology, a real newb LOL
  • 0

User avatar
Angie10
 
Posts: 5,413
Location: Gaborone, Botswana
Referrals: 2
Reputation: 1053
ForumCoin: 2,129

Re: FC bloggers - various methods of building traffic

Postby gustavowoltmann » 11 Jan 2017, 20:11

Hi I just signed up here recently. You could try creating a Facebook page, and if you have wordpress installed get an auto rss feed poster installed so you don't have to think about posting in the down times when you can't think of what to post.
  • 1

gustavowoltmann
 
Posts: 5
Reputation: 1
ForumCoin: 10

Re: FC bloggers - various methods of building traffic

Postby kaka135 » 11 Jan 2017, 21:01

Congratulations on your new blog. Yes, I have noticed that link in your signature, and I was wondering if it's your new blog too! :thumbup:

Though I have been blogging for years, I don't really know how to build traffic. These are some of the ways I think might help:

1) Visit other similar blogs, and leave comments. So, it'll help to build relationship with like-minded bloggers and also their readers as well. (I gained friends from this way via my personal blog)

2) Share posts in social media sites. At the moment, I prefer twitter, Google+ and perhaps Tumblr.
We can visit other posts in social sites, follow and interact with them, then slowly we'll gain more followers and they will visit our blogs too.
I think pinterest is a good place too.

3) I read about email list, but this is something I haven't "dare" to do yet. I read that you can first choose to send out emails to your friends and tell them about your blog, say just 10 friends. Then, ask them if they have any comments about your blog or any topics they would like to read about your blog.... You can also ask them to help you to promote your blog, or ask their friends about your blog (what topic to write).... slowly you'll build a bigger subscriber list. (Add those first 10 friends in your email list first, unless they want to unsubscribe.)

4) Perhaps you can also write at niume. I saw many have written at niume, and link to their blog too. As there are many readers at niume, you may expose your blog to more people.

5) I agree with gustavowoltmann, Facebook page might be a good place to mention your blog as well. You can add all your FB friends to the page if you like.

These are some methods I can think of, but haven't really have time to work on my blog yet. :P
  • 1

User avatar
kaka135
 
Posts: 3,393
Location: Malaysia
Referrals: 1
Reputation: 339
ForumCoin: 1,340

Re: FC bloggers - various methods of building traffic

Postby Gina145 » 11 Jan 2017, 22:24

gustavowoltmann wrote:Hi I just signed up here recently. You could try creating a Facebook page, and if you have wordpress installed get an auto rss feed poster installed so you don't have to think about posting in the down times when you can't think of what to post.


I've got a Facebook page but it doesn't generate a lot of views. The problem is that Facebook is set up in such a way that most of your posts will never show up in your followers' feeds.

I've found that the best place for me to share my posts is Reddit, but that's because I've found a sub-Reddit based on my niche which doesn't object to my sharing my posts there. Some sub-Reddits will simply block your links and you'll never be aware that other people aren't seeing them.
  • 0

Gina145
 
Posts: 632
Location: South Africa
Reputation: 60
ForumCoin: 766

Re: FC bloggers - various methods of building traffic

Postby Alexandoy » 15 Jan 2017, 22:44

As I had posted in another thread, the basic means of promoting your blog is thru social media - Facebook, Twitter, IG, etc. Assuming you have real and active friends in your social media account then all you have to do is to promote your blog there and get some hits from them.
  • 0

User avatar
Alexandoy
 
Posts: 1,600
Reputation: 136
ForumCoin: 503

Re: FC bloggers - various methods of building traffic

Postby Angie10 » 18 Jan 2017, 11:17

gustavowoltmann wrote:Hi I just signed up here recently. You could try creating a Facebook page, and if you have wordpress installed get an auto rss feed poster installed so you don't have to think about posting in the down times when you can't think of what to post.


Thanks so much for your input,gustavowoltmann....we did in fact set up the Facebook page for our blog last week and it's slowly helping us create awareness at home. While we're really about sharing our content with the whole world, we'd love for the local audience to back us too. However, many people aren't able to afford the internet, but are able to access Facebook via their phones. So it made sense to go down this route.

--- 18 Jan 2017, 11:21 ---

kaka135 wrote:Congratulations on your new blog. Yes, I have noticed that link in your signature, and I was wondering if it's your new blog too! :thumbup:

Though I have been blogging for years, I don't really know how to build traffic. These are some of the ways I think might help:

1) Visit other similar blogs, and leave comments. So, it'll help to build relationship with like-minded bloggers and also their readers as well. (I gained friends from this way via my personal blog)

2) Share posts in social media sites. At the moment, I prefer twitter, Google+ and perhaps Tumblr.
We can visit other posts in social sites, follow and interact with them, then slowly we'll gain more followers and they will visit our blogs too.
I think pinterest is a good place too.

3) I read about email list, but this is something I haven't "dare" to do yet. I read that you can first choose to send out emails to your friends and tell them about your blog, say just 10 friends. Then, ask them if they have any comments about your blog or any topics they would like to read about your blog.... You can also ask them to help you to promote your blog, or ask their friends about your blog (what topic to write).... slowly you'll build a bigger subscriber list. (Add those first 10 friends in your email list first, unless they want to unsubscribe.)

4) Perhaps you can also write at niume. I saw many have written at niume, and link to their blog too. As there are many readers at niume, you may expose your blog to more people.

5) I agree with gustavowoltmann, Facebook page might be a good place to mention your blog as well. You can add all your FB friends to the page if you like.

These are some methods I can think of, but haven't really have time to work on my blog yet. :P


Thanks so much for your thoughtful words, which I'm sure will come in very handy. If I may speak freely, the only one on your list I don't dig is the suggestion of maybe writing on Niume, firstly because I'm done writing for other people. -and also because between my blog, my online work and offline work, I couldn't even do it if I did want to.

--- 18 Jan 2017, 11:30 ---

Gina145 wrote:I've got a Facebook page but it doesn't generate a lot of views. The problem is that Facebook is set up in such a way that most of your posts will never show up in your followers' feeds.

I've found that the best place for me to share my posts is Reddit, but that's because I've found a sub-Reddit based on my niche which doesn't object to my sharing my posts there. Some sub-Reddits will simply block your links and you'll never be aware that other people aren't seeing them.


Yes, I heard the same thing about Redditt, and have now identified one that's ideal for my blog. I've only just started there and hope it works for me :)
  • 0

User avatar
Angie10
 
Posts: 5,413
Location: Gaborone, Botswana
Referrals: 2
Reputation: 1053
ForumCoin: 2,129

Re: FC bloggers - various methods of building traffic

Postby Gina145 » 18 Jan 2017, 23:22

Angie10 wrote:Yes, I heard the same thing about Redditt, and have now identified one that's ideal for my blog. I've only just started there and hope it works for me


Good luck. I hope it works as well for you as it has for me.
  • 0

Gina145
 
Posts: 632
Location: South Africa
Reputation: 60
ForumCoin: 766

Re: FC bloggers - various methods of building traffic

Postby germainebull » 19 Jan 2017, 04:37

You could as well popularize your blog on the mainstream media. This would require you to find a way of having some of your articles published in the magazine sections of your local dailies.
  • 0

User avatar
germainebull
 
Posts: 3,226
Referrals: 27
Reputation: 240
ForumCoin: 808

Re: FC bloggers - various methods of building traffic

Postby skysnap » 19 Jan 2017, 06:13

Angie10 wrote:Thanks for your response, skysnap :) Which social media platform works for you? I agree, this SEO business is not all its cracked up to be. I was surprised to see some expert bloggers even recommending keeping some of your blog entries short, when all you hear is that 1 000+ word articles are ideal for SEO!

Personally, long articles tend to bore me to tears, and I skip through chunks just to get to the end.


Quora and Facebook groups seems to be working for me. I get some decent traffic by linking to them. I don't waste my energy promoting niume or other articles. Because reputation is required while promoting on quora and other sites. I also do some articles on some sites and link back to my blog or youtube. That worked for some time now. I wish to get a lot of traffic but it's not turning out easily so far.
  • 0

User avatar
skysnap
 
Posts: 2,704
Reputation: 191
ForumCoin: 1,131

Next

Return to Webmaster Questions, Discussion & News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Reputation System ©'